North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 19 Oct 2016

The new look Flickr home (activity) page, yuck!  Dodgy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - neilwatson - 19 Oct 2016

(19 Oct 2016, 4:03 pm)Brian13 Firstly I was waiting at Heworth to catch a 4 to the Galleries. The 1557 one didn't turn up nor did the 1607 one. Or not until 1620 when 3 came in at once. One went off NIS and the one I got on which was 10 minutes late stopped for ages at Glebe and then took forever at Concord as the replacement driver didn't show up. This meant I missed the 50 at the Galleries as the driver pulled away when I got to the doors.And now I will miss my X46 to my Grandma's house or I'll have to take out a bank loan to get on the 46 as I've only got my Pop card and Key card. I'm not happy at all

I've got my own bad experience of connexions 4. Waiting for one from Concord to Heworth so that I can get to Heworth in time to get my last bus home from Newcastle and it didn't turn up so I ended up having to get the metro from Heworth to Palmersville then getting the last 53 to Killingworth bus station.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 20 Oct 2016

Rude corrections.

Made some small mistakes, nowt major but it seems like being right and wrong is a matter of life and death to some people.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 24 Oct 2016

Cut my hand on rusting paint flakes on the handlebar on 6016.

Bad enough they send these out on a flagship service but infuriating they don't bother maintaining them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 24 Oct 2016

(24 Oct 2016, 7:45 pm)Ambassador Cut my hand on rusting paint flakes on the handlebar on 6016.

Bad enough they send these out on a flagship service but infuriating they don't bother maintaining them.

Did you report the accident to the driver? As a report should have been made.

I'd follow up with CS as a matter of course too...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 24 Oct 2016

(24 Oct 2016, 8:03 pm)Adrian Did you report the accident to the driver? As a report should have been made.

I'd follow up with CS as a matter of course too...

No I didn't, had 3 laptops with me (joys of a work screw IT screw up)

I just got off and throughly sterilised at home. Looks like a bad dog/cat scratch.

Every B7 I've been on has had some form of rusting, mainly on the front upstairs window bars

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 25 Oct 2016

Annoyed doesn't cover it. I'm absolutely livid by the attitude of 5388's driver towards me. Long story short, told him I have a North Tyne Saver which flatly refuses to register on any Q3 service despite being valid. Told me he needed proof the ticket was valid. I told him he could easily print off a report from the reader. Refused to do it, then threatened to take my pass off me. Asked for his driver number, refused to give me that too. Formal complaint gone into GNE.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 25 Oct 2016

(25 Oct 2016, 4:35 pm)MVK 500R Annoyed doesn't cover it. I'm absolutely livid by the attitude of 5388's driver towards me. Long story short, told him I have a North Tyne Saver which flatly refuses to register on any Q3 service despite being valid. Told me he needed proof the ticket was valid. I told him he could easily print off a report from the reader. Refused to do it, then threatened to take my pass off me. Asked for his driver number, refused to give me that too. Formal complaint gone into GNE.

I was on 5388 earlier too, the driver would not except that £7 Day rover tickets exist

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 25 Oct 2016

(25 Oct 2016, 4:52 pm)NK53 TKT I was on 5388 earlier too, the driver would not except that £7 Day rover tickets exist
It wasn't a cockney sounding bloke with glasses by any chance? Felt like waiting for him to come back the other way.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 25 Oct 2016

(25 Oct 2016, 4:35 pm)MVK 500R Annoyed doesn't cover it. I'm absolutely livid by the attitude of 5388's driver towards me. Long story short, told him I have a North Tyne Saver which flatly refuses to register on any Q3 service despite being valid. Told me he needed proof the ticket was valid. I told him he could easily print off a report from the reader. Refused to do it, then threatened to take my pass off me. Asked for his driver number, refused to give me that too. Formal complaint gone into GNE.

When I've been on in the past they don't seem to be able to issue them either and normally just give people a Newcastle/Metrocentre day saver. Odd as they are definitely accepted.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 26 Oct 2016

I always buy mine online. Most of the drivers are quite sympathetic and will let me on. Unlike this one.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 26 Oct 2016

Thanks to whoever thought it was a good idea to steal cable, I'm currently sat at Berwick rail station, when I should be an hour away from Aberdeen. Starting to wish I didn't get on the rail replacement (as there wasn't a train at the other end as promised), and just waited at Newcastle for the 8:38 instead, as I'm waiting on that anyway.  Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Brian13 - 26 Oct 2016

(25 Oct 2016, 6:25 pm)MVK 500R It wasn't a cockney sounding bloke with glasses by any chance? Felt like waiting for him to come back the other way.

He's refused to let me on before with a Pop card. He normally drives the Quaylink. Haven't got a clue why but he said it expired although it clearly said 31st July 2016. This was about the end of June. Had to wait 15 minutes for the next Q1 and the driver let me on for free when I complained about his colleague.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 26 Oct 2016

Update from GNE: Driver is being brought in about his attitude, and they're going to look into the ticket machines. Confirmed what I already knew about my ticket being valid. Gonna be fun trying to get home tonight though...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Cobalt271 - 26 Oct 2016

(26 Oct 2016, 8:30 am)mb134 Thanks to whoever thought it was a good idea to steal cable, I'm currently sat at Berwick rail station, when I should be an hour away from Aberdeen. Starting to wish I didn't get on the rail replacement (as there wasn't a train at the other end as promised), and just waited at Newcastle for the 8:38 instead, as I'm waiting on that anyway.  Angry

The trains were held up due to a trespassing incident?

(26 Oct 2016, 1:30 pm)Cobalt271 The trains were held up due to a trespassing incident?
Yes, but had the cable not been stolen my train wouldn't have been affected.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 26 Oct 2016

There were two separate incidents on the ECML today; firstly being cable theft near Morpeth thus resulting in the loss of power between Morpeth and Plessey for track circuits, signals and level crossings.
Secondly there was an injured person on the railway at Berwick just a few hours later - was treated as a crime scene by the BTP until that cleared up.

(26 Oct 2016, 4:11 pm)northern156 There were two separate incidents on the ECML today; firstly being cable theft near Morpeth thus resulting in the loss of power between Morpeth and Plessey for track circuits, signals and level crossings.
Secondly there was an injured person on the railway at Berwick just a few hours later - was treated as a crime scene by the BTP until that cleared up.

Yep. So, had I not been instructed to wait for the 09:32, and instead got on the delayed XC service, I would have been fine. However, I waited for a service that didn't arrive until around 12:00 due to the incident north of Berwick, which was then terminated at Waverly, meaning another replacement bus from there to Aberdeen.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 26 Oct 2016

(26 Oct 2016, 4:29 pm)mb134 Yep. So, had I not been instructed to wait for the 09:32, and instead got on the delayed XC service, I would have been fine. However, I waited for a service that didn't arrive until around 12:00 due to the incident north of Berwick, which was then terminated at Waverly, meaning another replacement bus from there to Aberdeen.

Not your day to say the least then  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 26 Oct 2016

(26 Oct 2016, 4:29 pm)mb134 Yep. So, had I not been instructed to wait for the 09:32, and instead got on the delayed XC service, I would have been fine. However, I waited for a service that didn't arrive until around 12:00 due to the incident north of Berwick, which was then terminated at Waverly, meaning another replacement bus from there to Aberdeen.

Get the delay repay in Smile.