North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 26 Nov 2016

Just wait until the Voice starts next year! Audition format is much better - focuses on the singing rather than their appearance which Mr Cowell used to regularly comment on.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 26 Nov 2016

(26 Nov 2016, 10:11 pm)S813 FVK Just wait until the Voice starts next year! Audition format is much better - focuses on the singing rather than their appearance which Mr Cowell used to regularly comment on.

Only thing about the Voice is that although I don't really watch it I can't remember many of the people progressing onto bigger things if you know what I mean compared to the likes of the X Factor?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 28 Nov 2016

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38134941

This bastard.

Hopefully the hospital staff graft their backsides' off and when fully-conscious, put him through the mill subtly but painfully.

'sorry Mr Bennell. Did that catheter insertion hurt you?'

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 28 Nov 2016

(28 Nov 2016, 10:11 pm)Andreos1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38134941

This bastard.

Hopefully the hospital staff graft their backsides' off and when fully-conscious, put him through the mill subtly but painfully.

'sorry Mr Bennell. Did that catheter insertion hurt you?'

Horrible disgusting .

I would lock him up and throw away the key myself to anyone like him. Never happens though!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 28 Nov 2016

(28 Nov 2016, 10:17 pm)Tom Horrible disgusting .

I would lock him up and throw away the key myself to anyone like him.
Never happens though!

Na, that's too soft... Do what he done to those kids.

Let's not get in to details...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 03 Dec 2016

Don't think I've ever had so much bad luck in trying to photograph a bus in all my life.....

I tried photographing 9098 next to the A19 sliproad heading north when leaving Peterlee when at the last minute a truck obscures any sign of a bus, I had spent all my day chasing it beforehand without success.

I then tried again today next to the Angel of the North, And while not a truck this time, A Renault Clio was this time the culprit, Leaving me with half a bus and a full Clio in my shot!
Seem as though I don't want to go through all the kafuffle of photoshopping stuff out I think I've officially given up on trying to photograph that bloddy bus.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 8:22 pm)South Tyne Lad Don't think I've ever had so much bad luck in trying to photograph a bus in all my life.....

I tried photographing 9098 next to the A19 sliproad heading north when leaving Peterlee when at the last minute a truck obscures any sign of a bus, I had spent all my day chasing it beforehand without success.

I then tried again today next to the Angel of the North, And while not a truck this time, A Renault Clio was this time the culprit, Leaving me with half a bus and a full Clio in my shot!
Seem as though I don't want to go through all the kafuffle of photoshopping stuff out I think I've officially given up on trying to photograph that bloddy bus.

I did manage to come out with a low light shot of a Angel B5 in a similar position, Photo is on my flickr if you want a look.

Sorry for any bluryness in the photo, My camera is not the best.

Nowhere near as bad as your problem but, I rode it from Newcastle to Chester-le-Street tonight and was hoping to get a photo when I got off showing it on the 21, sadly it was terminating at Chester-le-Street, I got across the road and just as I was about to start shooting, the blind changed to not in service.

On the plus side, after several failed attempts, I finally managed to photograph the MetroDecker on the 21 and got that back to Durham.

One other photo annoyance from me today is I was hoping PCL Travel would have the Solo out on the 808 from Newcastle tonight (seem as it was last Saturday), first problem was timetable confusion as printed timetables state that it leaves Newcastle at around 16:50 on Saturday's but Traveline and BusTimes state that it leaves at 17:20, I didn't get back to Newcastle until 5pm and fortunately PCL Travel were still there but unfortunately it was a Dart!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 03 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 8:56 pm)Jimmi Nowhere near as bad as your problem but, I rode it from Newcastle to Chester-le-Street tonight and was hoping to get a photo when I got off showing it on the 21, sadly it was terminating at Chester-le-Street, I got across the road and just as I was about to start shooting, the blind changed to not in service.

On the plus side, after several failed attempts, I finally managed to photograph the MetroDecker on the 21 and got that back to Durham.

One other photo annoyance from me today is I was hoping PCL Travel would have the Solo out on the 808 from Newcastle tonight (seem as it was last Saturday), first problem was timetable confusion as printed timetables state that it leaves Newcastle at around 16:50 on Saturday's but Traveline and BusTimes state that it leaves at 17:20, I didn't get back to Newcastle until 5pm and fortunately PCL Travel were still there but unfortunately it was a Dart!

16:55 on Saturdays and 17:20 through the week according to PCLs website.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Dec 2016

(03 Dec 2016, 11:56 pm)Tom 16:55 on Saturdays and 17:20 through the week according to PCLs website.
Nexus timetable on PCL's website isn't it? I looked at that timetable and another timetable and that's what it came back with but Traveline and Bus Times was coming back with 17:20 for Saturday's as well as weekdays. A PCL Travel Dart was still present on St Thomas Street at 17:00 this evening. Can only assume it's a similar story with the 79 where the timetable has been changed but not everywhere has picked up on the change, it certainly used to leave at 16:55 on a Saturday as it did the first time I photographed the service in September 2015.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 12:09 am)Jimmi Nexus timetable on PCL's website isn't it? I looked at that timetable and another timetable and that's what it came back with but Traveline and Bus Times was coming back with 17:20 for Saturday's as well as weekdays. A PCL Travel Dart was still present on St Thomas Street at 17:00 this evening. Can only assume it's a similar story with the 79 where the timetable has been changed but not everywhere has picked up on the change, it certainly used to leave at 16:55 on a Saturday as it did the first time I photographed the service in September 2015.

Yeah it is, but PCLs website seems to have been updated recently so I would think that's correct but I wouldn't know with them to be honest... 

At least they are putting a bigger bus on,guessing the Solo was on the M1

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 12:14 am)Tom Yeah it is, but PCLs website seems to have been updated recently so I would think that's correct but I wouldn't know with them to be honest... 

At least they are putting a bigger bus on,guessing the Solo was on the M1
At the moment they are allocating a bigger bus than LDV Convoy MH06WCU to the 808 (and 882 as they appear to interwork) on Saturday's following a problem a few weeks back where passengers were left behind on the morning 808 to Newcastle due to MH06WCU not being big enough for demand on that day, contract is for a 16 seater I believe but on that day it wasn't enough although has apparently been fine the rest of the time.

Was hoping Solo would be on based on it appearing on there last Saturday but I would imagine it will have been running the route it is branded for, the M1.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 04 Dec 2016

(04 Dec 2016, 12:21 am)Jimmi At the moment they are allocating a bigger bus than LDV Convoy MH06WCU to the 808 (and 882 as they appear to interwork) on Saturday's following a problem a few weeks back where passengers were left behind on the morning 808 to Newcastle due to MH06WCU not being big enough for demand on that day, contract is for a 16 seater I believe but on that day it wasn't enough although has apparently been fine the rest of the time.

Was hoping Solo would be on based on it appearing on there last Saturday but I would imagine it will have been running the route it is branded for, the M1.

Yeah I don't see the point in branding them anyway plus the letters aren't even straight it looks a mess.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 08 Dec 2016

The future in-laws have really peed me off today...

They have brought my dead sister into recent arguments...

Though I promised the Missus I will stay calm for now...

The dead cant defend themselves...I sure as hell will if I have too...Heads will be ripped off and neckholes will be peed in

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 11 Dec 2016

The future in-laws have went a step further...

Not only are they putting words in the mouth of a 5 yr old that I am being abusive, as they know I am know I am on a treatment programme for addiction, they recently offered me a bag full of codeine with the implication of topping myself...

They have resorted to threatening me, to the point of me feeling threatened because they know I wont back down, although I wont take the bait, they are starting to get very serious

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 11 Dec 2016

(11 Dec 2016, 6:30 pm)MrFozz The future in-laws have went a step further...

Not only are they putting words in the mouth of a 5 yr old that I am being abusive, as they know I am know I am on a treatment programme for addiction, they recently offered me a bag full of codeine with the implication of topping myself...

They have resorted to threatening me, to the point of me feeling threatened because they know I wont back down, although I wont take the bait, they are starting to get very serious

It's hard for your fiancee, but is it possible to cut contact with them?

Some people thrive on drama, living every day like an episode of Eastenders, and having these people around you isn't good for anyone's mental health, never mind someone in as vulnerable a state as you are.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 14 Dec 2016

The 18 in Sunderland currently running 12 minutes late, was supposed to be due at mine at 11:23am.

23 is also running in 2's

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 14 Dec 2016

(14 Dec 2016, 11:35 am)Michael The 18 in Sunderland currently running 12 minutes late, was supposed to be due at mine at 11:23am.

23 is also running in 2's
Not that bad for christmas season.
I'm getting used to GNE X70s and X30/1s especially.. they get so much lost milage because of journeys before, and because there are no regulation vehicles for the X30/1, unlike the 6 and X70/1 where there is an extra bus for fuel consumption and regulation. The buses will always leave on time for northerns, but if newcastle is gridlock - the spare bus can't arrive to leave ontime. Especially in the evenings, this causes an X70 to run light to Stanley, and an extra bus at consett to run light to newcastle. It's a similar story with the X30/1s, but they haven't a spare vehicle. To make up time, they must regulate something back up to Stanley from newcastle (Contracted around East Stanley/Kip Hill) to be sent back down to complete the contracted sections of the route.

Because of the frequency of buses at night, this means that both the half-hourly X30s (1 X31) and hourly X70 can be lost milage.. In human terms this means there is no bus between newcastle and Sunniside (Only the 6, which can be up to 30 minutes late), and only the hourly 16/A between Dipton and Consett.
Recently, the lost milage has occured around 7PM-8PM, sometimes longer. It's no better during the day, because there is hardly ever a spare bus which can be out for 4 hours to do a 6 in then an X70 out, then return to stanley.

It's annoying because I'm always out in the evenings - but I just take the 6 in both directions, or walk to Whickham for the 97 to town if things really go wrong.

Stanley should gain a vehicle or two (or have riverside provide a vehicle or two) and do what the TEN spare buses do, and just lay over in the metrocentre car park. The V7s and V8s provide quick links from Stanley to Metrocentre for a spare driver to get, even in the evening, and there's nothing delaying those given the route they take. Would fix a lot of problems with lost milage...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 16 Dec 2016

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Dec 2016

Feel like some people are against me this week, seems everything I do or say gets people frustrated with me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 16 Dec 2016

(16 Dec 2016, 2:56 pm)Jimmi Feel like some people are against me this week, seems everything I do or say gets people frustrated with me.
I don't think I've gone a working week without annoying someone, somewhere - but completely unintentional.
Sometimes people wind me up about it so I don't actually know if I've annoyed someone or it's just people winding me up!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk