North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 7:20 pm)Ds1197 My Job working with children sometimes is very stressful.

Want some more?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 04 Feb 2017

(04 Feb 2017, 7:24 pm)BusLoverMum Want some more?

No thanks a couple of hours a week is good enough for me. Well on the bright side it's good practice for parenting.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Feb 2017

Bad, bad panda!

Yes, Flickr failed whilst I was uploading, typical it seems fine now

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 08 Feb 2017

tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(08 Feb 2017, 9:06 am)Jamie M tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I can no longer post directly - I have to quote then delete the quote and post what I wish to post then. Threads appear as if they're locked, the direct post reply navigation is missing but quoting and using that work-around is ok, I guess. Rather strange.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Feb 2017

(08 Feb 2017, 1:25 pm)Jamie M I can no longer post directly - I have to quote then delete the quote and post what I wish to post then. Threads appear as if they're locked, the direct post reply navigation is missing but quoting and using that work-around is ok, I guess. Rather strange.

Weird, when I press quick reply at the bottom of the screen it opens up fine with a message saying something like "write a short paragraph or post photos" which then disappears when I start typing.

I'm pleased that Tapatalk have reverted to the app being a bit like it was several months ago as it became incredibly annoying for quite a while, had to turn the notifications off for a little while because despite not selecting any options to do so, it was notifying me of every single post made on the forum, fortunately its behaving again now and is only notifying me when someone quotes my posts and when I receive PM's.

(08 Feb 2017, 1:34 pm)Jimmi Weird, when I press quick reply at the bottom of the screen it opens up fine with a message saying something like "write a short paragraph or post photos" which then disappears when I start typing.

I'm pleased that Tapatalk have reverted to the app being a bit like it was several months ago as it became incredibly annoying for quite a while, had to turn the notifications off for a little while because despite not selecting any options to do so, it was notifying me of every single post made on the forum, fortunately its behaving again now and is only notifying me when someone quotes my posts and when I receive PM's.
[Image: c2dee7659f021259c3f0f1826e77ce19.jpg]

This is what I see, the whole bar doesn't exist.

(08 Feb 2017, 1:36 pm)Jamie M [Image: c2dee7659f021259c3f0f1826e77ce19.jpg]

This is what I see, the whole bar doesn't exist.

That is strange as it's fine for me.
[Image: 9242f7cf09ee4b8aa53f4dcc4c9f241d.jpg]

Just a note, I have the app set on the dark setting hence it being black rather than white.

(08 Feb 2017, 1:41 pm)Jimmi That is strange as it's fine for me.
[Image: 9242f7cf09ee4b8aa53f4dcc4c9f241d.jpg]

Just a note, I have the app set on the dark setting hence it being black rather than white.
Fine for me too, just started working again. Still annoyed at Tapatalk though!

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Feb 2017

My neighbours.

One has to whack her rugs on the washing line for about half an hour whilst another has a punching bag in the garden and punches that for around an hour. The noise and thudding drives me up the wall and neither can do it at the same time or on the same day, so you'll get one doing it one day and the other will do the next day.

You wonder why I am often out of the house during the day? This is one of the main contributing factors!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 08 Feb 2017

Followed a white van coming home earlier, from the Angel of the North all the way back to Sainsbury's in Sunderland on the Wessington Way.

The bloke decided to sit in the outside lane after coming off the A1 all the way to Sainsbury's at 58mph - 12mph below the limit.

Appreciate the limit is a limit and not a target, but I lost count how many times I was undertaken by other cars, as the van refused to go into the inside lane. Total lack of consideration for other road users from the van driver, causing others to lose patience and make dangerous maneuvers.

I watched a very near miss, when the car behind the van (and in front of me) attempted to undertake the van on the A1231.

(08 Feb 2017, 7:11 pm)Dan Followed a white van coming home earlier, from the Angel of the North all the way back to Sainsbury's in Sunderland on the Wessington Way.

The bloke decided to sit in the outside lane after coming off the A1 all the way to Sainsbury's at 58mph - 12mph below the limit.

Appreciate the limit is a limit and not a target, but I lost count how many times I was undertaken by other cars, as the van refused to go into the inside lane. Total lack of consideration for other road users from the van driver, causing others to lose patience and make dangerous maneuvers.

I watched a very near miss, when the car behind the van (and in front of me) attempted to undertake the van on the A1231.
There's always one!

One thing I have noticed is, if you are heading Northbound on the A1, once you get past the Team Valley turn off where there is now three lanes, everyone drives down the middle lane, you'll go down the inside lane and there will be nothing else in it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 08 Feb 2017

(08 Feb 2017, 7:44 pm)Jimmi There's always one!

One thing I have noticed is, if you are heading Northbound on the A1, once you get past the Team Valley turn off where there is now three lanes, everyone drives down the middle lane, you'll go down the inside lane and there will be nothing else in it.

Aye - they spend God knows how much money on putting a third lane in, for the majority of drivers to carry on using the middle and outside lane.

Annoys me even more when it's a lovely 17-year old B7TL in the middle lane, coughing and spluttering away at 40.

Another hotspot for people undertaking!

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 08 Feb 2017

Then there's those who choose to ignore the speed limits between Washington and Metrocentre, I am in the inside lane keeping to 50 because of the cameras and unmarked police cars along there and some come speeding past the outside or undertake from the inside when I have to pull out to the middle to overtake a slower vehicle and they come in way too close in front without signalling, 50 is the maximum speed not the minimum. Never bother to use the outside lane unless I have to. This is why I get the bus more as driving too stressful, too many idiots on the roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 08 Feb 2017

(08 Feb 2017, 1:25 pm)Jamie M I can no longer post directly - I have to quote then delete the quote and post what I wish to post then. Threads appear as if they're locked, the direct post reply navigation is missing but quoting and using that work-around is ok, I guess. Rather strange.

Your avatar is fubarred, too.

(08 Feb 2017, 11:17 pm)BusLoverMum Your avatar is fubarred, too.
I know, very sad times!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 10 Feb 2017

The coaster on 11 was parked around the corner from me at North Shields for a few mins. I only realised as it pulled off, so photos were no good. I waited for it to return for 75 mins to realise that actually it interworked with a service at Wallsend or terminated. I am now cold with no decent pictures at 10pm on the 1A home.
Somethings are just not meant to be [PERSEVERING FACE]

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Feb 2017

Long queue in Poundland Durham because there was only one person serving (no self service tills in this one), to make matters even worse I dropped a pound coin and it rolled halfway down the shop and I didn't want to try and get back in the queue where I was, especially as I couldn't remember where exactly I was and there was no time to go to the back, otherwise I'd miss the X24, so had to throw the stuff down and walk out... And then they pressed the bell to get another person on the tills!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 11 Feb 2017

(11 Feb 2017, 11:21 am)Jimmi Long queue in Poundland Durham because there was only one person serving (no self service tills in this one), to make matters even worse I dropped a pound coin and it rolled halfway down the shop and I didn't want to try and get back in the queue where I was, especially as I couldn't remember where exactly I was and there was no time to go to the back, otherwise I'd miss the X24, so had to throw the stuff down and walk out... And then they pressed the bell to get another person on the tills!

You seem to have as many issues in Poundland as R852PRG does! Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Feb 2017

(11 Feb 2017, 8:26 pm)Adrian You seem to have as many issues in Poundland as R852PRG does! Smile
Dare I add that I went into the Metrocentre one later in the day and got stuck behind a woman in the self service till queue and when a till became free, she didn't move and remained there until a member of staff shouted that there was now two tills open.