North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Mar 2017

(04 Mar 2017, 4:46 pm)Adrian If your ticket is Darlington to Queen Street, via Edinburgh, then you could go back to Edinburgh for a few hours? The ScotRail section is open tickets, so as long as you're on your proper East Coast train home, then you'll be fine.

I ended up wandering round the shops in Glasgow for a little while, some canny shops there for me it must be said. I did end up going to Edinburgh to do a bit of spotting, just managed to jump on the 17:45 ScotRail service to Edinburgh Waverley. Got a few night shots with mixed results although this proved to be the best:
 [Image: 33265833885_acf579c651.jpg]Lothian Bus: 461 / SJ66LRK by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 07 Mar 2017

This is shocking! Should be shut down straight away never mind an appeal.

http://news.sky.com/story/cumbria-zoo-where-almost-500-animals-died-has-lost-its-licence-10792552

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 07 Mar 2017

(07 Mar 2017, 3:19 pm)Tom This is shocking! Should be shut down straight away never mind an appeal.

http://news.sky.com/story/cumbria-zoo-where-almost-500-animals-died-has-lost-its-licence-10792552
It's pretty horrific, isn't it? The only valid purpose of zoos in this age is to preserve and propagate species, not bloody kill them off in inhumane ways.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 08 Mar 2017

(07 Mar 2017, 11:41 pm)BusLoverMum It's pretty horrific, isn't it? The only valid purpose of zoos in this age is to preserve and propagate species, not bloody kill them off in inhumane ways.

Exactly - I bet this isn't the only zoo like this unfortunately though.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 08 Mar 2017

A guy got on the 22 and sat down right behind me at Sunderland interchange, this morning. That wouldn't normally annoy me, even though there were only 4 people on the bus, but he spent the entire time slurping boiled sweets.

I had no choice but to tuck into my smelly salmon sarnie so that my own chewing drowned out the worst of it. Was so relieved when he got off in seaham.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 09 Mar 2017

When you find something interesting but it's on the same day as something else you are already going to!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 09 Mar 2017

Had that awful CLS driver again who struggles to drive over 25mph and spends about 2 minutes staring at each pass, asking you where your going and showing more attention that bloody border guard.

It takes her about 10 minutes to load a bus up. I actively aboid her

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 13 Mar 2017

The scots want another referendum

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 14 Mar 2017

(13 Mar 2017, 8:11 pm)NK53 TKT The scots want another referendum

I don't blame them, TBH. I might ask if we can join in.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 14 Mar 2017

(14 Mar 2017, 12:09 am)BusLoverMum I don't blame them, TBH. I might ask if we can join in.
County Durham? More like Country Durham!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Mar 2017

Have given up on the Bluetooth in my phone. Holding out for Nougat fixing it.

And now the WiFi adapter in my laptop is fubared. Need to try downloading a new driver, which involves cables and moving heavy furniture but since it's working then not working then sort of working for a bit after turning it off and on again a couple of times, I'm suspecting a hardware fault. Thankfully, it's under warranty.

May as well throw my fitbit in a drawer, mind, unless I can persuade it to talk to my iPad.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 15 Mar 2017

(15 Mar 2017, 9:59 pm)BusLoverMum Have given up on the Bluetooth in my phone. Holding out for Nougat fixing it.

And now the WiFi adapter in my laptop is fubared. Need to try downloading a new driver, which involves cables and moving heavy furniture but since it's working then not working then sort of working for a bit after turning it off and on again a couple of times, I'm suspecting a hardware fault. Thankfully, it's under warranty.

May as well throw my fitbit in a drawer, mind, unless I can persuade it to talk to my iPad.

Are you an Apple fan BLM?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Mar 2017

(15 Mar 2017, 10:40 pm)citaro5284 Are you an Apple fan BLM?

I do have an iPad
 It's a very expensive medium for playing match 3 games.

And it's a mini 2 so I've kept it at iOS 8 so it still works properly. Unfortunately, the fitbit app needs iOS 9.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 16 Mar 2017

(15 Mar 2017, 11:10 pm)BusLoverMum I do have an iPad
 It's a very expensive medium for playing match 3 games.

And it's a mini 2 so I've kept it at iOS 8 so it still works properly. Unfortunately, the fitbit app needs iOS 9.
I had a 3GS which I had for 4 years and loved. Put it down for 6 months whilst using new S6. My S6 broke and when I got back on to my 3GS for temporary basis when S6 broke, everything had gone from requiring ios 6 to ios 9, rendering my beloved device useless. It makes me sad almost that a perfectly decent device is now useless because of superficial software restrictions imposed.
#firstworldproblems

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 Mar 2017

Jamie MI had a 3GS which I had for 4 years and loved. Put it down for 6 months whilst using new S6. My S6 broke and when I got back on to my 3GS for temporary basis when S6 broke, everything had gone from requiring ios 6 to ios 9, rendering my beloved device useless. It makes me sad almost that a perfectly decent device is now useless because of superficial software restrictions imposed.
#firstworldproblems

Apple do take their built in obsolescence a bit far. There's nothing wrong with the 1st generation iPad mini which I used to have and which has been used by bth of the boys, since then - only it can't run iOS 10 at all! I had to delete a load of stuff on it when it upgraded from 7 to 8 because the OS because so bloaty. I'm just avoiding it on my mini 2 because I've heard bad reports about how much it slows it down - it's only a 2.5 year old device!

Not only does my laptop appear to be working today, it's working quite fast. I might have to re-subject myself to the tyranny of my fitbit.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Mar 2017

Owing to the way things have worked out with today's outing, I have had to use the X21 between Durham and Newcastle and back to Durham now. My problem with this is with the seating layout on the Castles Express StreetDeck's, I utterly detest the tables with the four seats together as on almost every journey there will be either one or two people at a table of four and sure enough when it's busy but not too busy, do people ask them to move? No! They just sit next to yours truely who is sat where there is only two seats together and for some reason the legroom where some of these seats are is not very good especially where the floor goes up on the inside seat and of course without fail the person who sits next to me each time is someone who wants both seats (people of all shapes and sizes BTW), so I begin to feel a bit claustrophobic.

Seriously, this makes me hate using the X21, unless a different branded bus appears, always hope and pray for a OmniDekka or President to turn up but sadly I never have any luck.

I know some of you will disagree with everything that I have said here but this is how I feel when I use the X21 with these StreetDeck's and is partly why I often opt for the X12 instead despite the longer journey time. Does anyone get where I'm coming from?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 16 Mar 2017

(16 Mar 2017, 4:52 pm)Jimmi Owing to the way things have worked out with today's outing, I have had to use the X21 between Durham and Newcastle and back to Durham now. My problem with this is with the seating layout on the Castles Express StreetDeck's, I utterly detest the tables with the four seats together as on almost every journey there will be either one or two people at a table of four and sure enough when it's busy but not too busy, do people ask them to move? No! They just sit next to yours truely who is sat where there is only two seats together and for some reason the legroom where some of these seats are is not very good especially where the floor goes up on the inside seat and of course without fail the person who sits next to me each time is someone who wants both seats (people of all shapes and sizes BTW), so I begin to feel a bit claustrophobic.

Seriously, this makes me hate using the X21, unless a different branded bus appears, always hope and pray for a OmniDekka or President to turn up but sadly I never have any luck.

I know some of you will disagree with everything that I have said here but this is how I feel when I use the X21 with these StreetDeck's and is partly why I often opt for the X12 instead despite the longer journey time. Does anyone get where I'm coming from?

No idea where you're coming from personally. Those table seats are brilliant. I find there's enough legroom with or without someone opposite you. Sure I'm a similar height to you, too?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Mar 2017

(16 Mar 2017, 5:58 pm)Dan No idea where you're coming from personally. Those table seats are brilliant. I find there's enough legroom with or without someone opposite you. Sure I'm a similar height to you, too?

I know it sounds like I'm dead against the idea of table seats, I do think it is actually a good concept for buses to have, unfortunately for me though, whenever I seem to get the X21, there is nearly always someone who sits on the outside seat where the tables are with their feet placed on the backwards facing seat, so one person effectively takes up four seats. If you do end up sat at a table seat, there is usually enough room for you and someone facing the opposite way providing that the other person don't stretch their legs right out.

My issue effectively is people hogging all the seats where the table's are which often results in people choosing to sit next to me elsewhere on the bus. Personally I ain't a fan of the table seats myself as I like my own space on the bus and personally I don't like people facing towards me as I feel like some people are staring at me and I don't know where to look, fortunately there is usually a choice for me to not sit at those table seats which I usually take, only normally sit at the table seats on the X21 if there is little/no alternatives or there is only a few passengers on-board.

I hope this makes sense as I've spent ages typing this up as I'm not quite sure on the exact words to use to express how I feel. My issues are not with Go North East themselves, it's with some of the passengers who use this service and it's not just with the X21, I also detest using the Arriva X66/X67 due to some previous incidents with ignorant passengers.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 Mar 2017

(16 Mar 2017, 4:52 pm)Jimmi Owing to the way things have worked out with today's outing, I have had to use the X21 between Durham and Newcastle and back to Durham now. My problem with this is with the seating layout on the Castles Express StreetDeck's, I utterly detest the tables with the four seats together as on almost every journey there will be either one or two people at a table of four and sure enough when it's busy but not too busy, do people ask them to move? No! They just sit next to yours truely who is sat where there is only two seats together and for some reason the legroom where some of these seats are is not very good especially where the floor goes up on the inside seat and of course without fail the person who sits next to me each time is someone who wants both seats (people of all shapes and sizes BTW), so I begin to feel a bit claustrophobic.

I hate the window seat on top decks. Having to twist to put my feet on the floor leaves me in a lot of pain.

That said, I sat on one of the wheel arch seats on an E400 on the X34, on Saturday, and there was a ruddy great big bolt right under my right foot. My feet have been bad enough, lately, without that sort of nonsense.

I had the dual discomfort of a window seat on the Pronto and this, once. Plus the guy was definitely rocking the Lynx effect (ie badly disguised inadequate bathing with enough body spray to choke a giraffe). I developed a need to use my phone with my elbows sticking out to the side.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 21 Mar 2017

Fake/scam Facebook profiles.

Getting loads of friend requests lately and all of them are the same, attractive lass in your area (apparently), then you go onto their profile and it has posts saying, well to keep it clean on this forum, lets just say "do you want fun?" then click here [link]. Getting these at least one a week at the moment.