North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 8:59 am)Jimmi I'll be the first to say it today... Window closing pensioner's

Feel like I'm being cooked in an oven.

I get seriously annoyed by that, especially when it's warm

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 8:59 am)Jimmi I'll be the first to say it today... Window closing pensioner's

Feel like I'm being cooked in an oven.

Yep. Plenty of that today. I just reopen them if I am too warm.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 3:18 pm)Adrian Yep. Plenty of that today. I just reopen them if I am too warm.
Bold move.. you know how they can be!
I don't take public transport when it's boiling because I sometimes nearly faint. I drive or cycle or even walk.

(08 Apr 2017, 3:44 pm)Jamie M Bold move.. you know how they can be!
I don't take public transport when it's boiling because I sometimes nearly faint. I drive or cycle or even walk.

Couldn't care less if I'm honest. If someone is going to close a window without the courtesy of asking people around them first, then I'll sharp reopen it, minus the same courtesies. 

As a general rule, I'll always ask people if they'd mind if I opened/closed the window. Irritates me when you get idiots slamming them above people's heads.

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 08 Apr 2017

Was on The Castles Express a few weeks ago and sat at the table just in front of the back seat and opened the window and some man that was sitting next to the staircase near the front on the near side got up and came along and shut it so as soon as they sat down it got reopened as was warm, some people need to be more considerate of others and not just think of themselves

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 5:10 pm)Adrian Couldn't care less if I'm honest. If someone is going to close a window without the courtesy of asking people around them first, then I'll sharp reopen it, minus the same courtesies. 

As a general rule, I'll always ask people if they'd mind if I opened/closed the window. Irritates me when you get idiots slamming them above people's heads.
Most extreme attitudes to open/closed windows I've witnessed was when I did DalesBus 830 from Darlington to Ingleton last year (2 and a half hour journey) and the old biddies decided it was too windy, so they got out some sponges and wedged them in the window so only a tiny bit of air could get through.

Mind the passengers on that route have a whole different level of ignorance about them, one woman has her own special seat which no-one else is allowed to sit in and the passengers will make you aware of this, I'm tempted to do that route when it starts up again and get to Middlesbrough Bus Station obscenly early and be the first to get on, open all the windows and sit in the chosen one's seat to see how they react

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

(08 Apr 2017, 5:26 pm)Jimmi Most extreme attitudes to open/closed windows I've witnessed was when I did DalesBus 830 from Darlington to Ingleton last year (2 and a half hour journey) and the old biddies decided it was too windy, so they got out some sponges and wedged them in the window so only a tiny bit of air could get through.

Mind the passengers on that route have a whole different level of ignorance about them, one woman has her own special seat which no-one else is allowed to sit in and the passengers will make you aware of this, I'm tempted to do that route when it starts up again and get to Middlesbrough Bus Station obscenly early and be the first to get on, open all the windows and sit in the chosen one's seat to see how they react

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to do that route and sit in that seat now!  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 5:40 pm)Adrian I'm tempted to do that route and sit in that seat now!  Big Grin
I would but can't get to Middlesbrough early enough to do that although I could always swipe it for the journey back to Darlington/Middlesbrough. Think its the seat where the step up is on the Solo, so the seat is higher up than the seats on the lower level but can't remember which side (think it is the nearside seat).

Passengers aside, the 830 is a cracking route which I will be doing again this year plus a few other bits of the DalesBus network. The other 830 is being done by Preston Bus this year running between Preston Bus Station and Richmond Market Place then onto Leyburn as the 859.

Moorsbus has less ignorant passengers and they will happily have most of the windows open on a Pulsar.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 5:40 pm)Adrian I'm tempted to do that route and sit in that seat now!  Big Grin

What about a #NEBRevolt?

(08 Apr 2017, 8:42 pm)northern156 What about a #NEBRevolt?
Yes, lets host a convention and subsequent peaceful protest as a collective!

(08 Apr 2017, 8:47 pm)Jamie M Yes, lets host a convention and subsequent peaceful protest as a collective!

Awesome - who can be in charge of the design of a small banner?

(08 Apr 2017, 9:00 pm)northern156 Awesome - who can be in charge of the design of a small banner?
I think we should steal some of GNEs taglines for comical purposes [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

(08 Apr 2017, 9:00 pm)Jamie M I think we should steal some of GNEs taglines for comical purposes [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

I hope that wouldn't be copyright infringement.  Angel Angel

(08 Apr 2017, 9:01 pm)northern156 I hope that wouldn't be copyright infringement.  Angel Angel
Try a strongly worded email!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 9:03 pm)Jamie M Try a strongly worded email!

A strongly worded email only has an affect if the recipient gives a toss.

If the recipient doesn't give a toss, you just have to publically humiliate them.
Maybe embarrass them and use word of mouth as your tool.

(08 Apr 2017, 10:00 pm)Andreos1 A strongly worded email only has an affect if the recipient gives a toss.

If the recipient doesn't give a toss, you just have to publically humiliate them.
Maybe embarrass them and use word of mouth as your tool.

Most large companies don't give a toss in my opinion. They're not saying 'sorry' to you because they mean it, but more that because its what they think you want to hear. However, two of the best I've had the pleasure of dealing with though - Virgin Trains East Coast and Sainsburys. 

I had an issue with the service on one leg of a 1st advance ticket, and VTEC gave me a 1st class return complimentary ticket, valid anywhere on their network, to compensate. Well over and above what I would have expected.

Sainsburys (energy) - perhaps the first energy company that I've dealt with, where I haven't gotten off the phone and wanted to scream. A good onshore customer services team, where I got the impression they genuinely wanted to help. I think they're based in Wales somewhere, based on their accents!

(08 Apr 2017, 10:25 pm)Adrian Sainsburys (energy) - perhaps the first energy company that I've dealt with, where I haven't gotten off the phone and wanted to scream. A good onshore customer services team, where I got the impression they genuinely wanted to help. I think they're based in Wales somewhere, based on their accents!

When we were with Sky up until recently, their Customer Services couldn't have been more helpful - they are based in Scotland!
It does make a considerable difference. We're currently with BT and haven't had the good fortune of having to contact them yet - from what I've heard from others they are appalling and not in the UK...!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 08 Apr 2017

(08 Apr 2017, 10:25 pm)Adrian Most large companies don't give a toss in my opinion. They're not saying 'sorry' to you because they mean it, but more that because its what they think you want to hear. However, two of the best I've had the pleasure of dealing with though - Virgin Trains East Coast and Sainsburys. 

I had an issue with the service on one leg of a 1st advance ticket, and VTEC gave me a 1st class return complimentary ticket, valid anywhere on their network, to compensate. Well over and above what I would have expected.

Sainsburys (energy) - perhaps the first energy company that I've dealt with, where I haven't gotten off the phone and wanted to scream. A good onshore customer services team, where I got the impression they genuinely wanted to help. I think they're based in Wales somewhere, based on their accents!

I think a lot of it boils down to maybe wanting to mitigate any negative publicity.

Like you, I have had companies say sorry and offer some sort of recompense. The recompense isn't something that's been a priority or aim, but it has been something that appears to show sincerity.

Those firms who ignore or brush off a comment or complaint, are clearly not bothered one iota about public perception. Things may be going on behind the scenes, but lack the nous to communicate to the complainant.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 09 Apr 2017

Sandals are full of sand. I think I'm going to end up taking half of tynemouth back onto the 1.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 09 Apr 2017

Been waiting an hour at Beamish Museum for the Coast & Country 28's for photos and none have shown up