North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - EL1TE - 23 Apr 2017

1) The 16:05 X71 to Consett from Eldon square failed to turn up. EDIT: just found out it operated from Gateshead, but didn't know this because my phone died!
2) A wasp was pestering me on 4660.

Could it get any worse?!?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 4:22 pm)EL1TE 1) The 16:05 X71 to Consett from Eldon square failed to turn up. EDIT: just found out it operated from Gateshead, but didn't know this because my phone died!
2) A wasp was pestering me on 4660.

Could it get any worse?!?

Aye, they tweeted at 1445 saying it was starting from Gateshead

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - EL1TE - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 4:25 pm)citaro5284 Aye, they tweeted at 1445 saying it was starting from Gateshead

I just saw them post that on Facebook as well. I would've known if my phone battery didn't run out in Hexham!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 23 Apr 2017

Woke up at 0115 this morning and after picking a friend up, drove from Carlisle to York arriving at 0500 for the Four Trains event.
We went to the 200 Mile Bridge at Shipton to see the 'once in a lifetime' 'world first' event which featured an HST, 91/Mk4 set, Class 800 and Flying Scotsman (with a Deltic tucked away on the rear) all running on the four-track section from Tollerton to Skelton, in the same direction.
The temperature was 2°C and I was stood in the same spot halfway down a steep embankment for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Once the formation approached, the 800 sped off at a considerable rate, leaving behind Flying Scotsman, the HST and the 91/Mk4 set. For an event that was advertised as what I described above, and no prior warning/notification that I was in the 'wrong' location, I am furious that my photo of this once in a lifetime event was ruined, compared to the thousands of others that happened to be in different locations.
PR stunt or not, it is absolutely disgraceful - I would certainly not have left the house at the daft time I did had I known this would've happened; nor stopped in the same location.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 23 Apr 2017

Didn't get one from Jimmi but we got one from Northern156 instead..!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 7:55 pm)Dan Didn't get one from Jimmi but we got one from Northern156 instead..!

I'm sure that I will resume normal service soon...

I must say that my feet are hurting. That didn't take long! Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 8:00 pm)Jimmi I must say that my feet are hurting. That didn't take long! Big Grin

Oh Jimmi  Rolleyes

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 23 Apr 2017

Some stupid woman on the way back from Middlesbrough got on the X12 at Coxhoe and started having a go at my other half as we had the window open as was stuffy and they got on and shut it so the other half opened it again and they got up and shut it again and started arguing about it, spoiled a nice day out. Some people need to have some consideration for other passengers and not themselves. Stupid cow. And this woman threatened to smack my other half, I was furious. Luckily the driver calmed it down and we moved further down the bus and they wouldn't shut up about it all the way from Bowburn to Durham. Ignored them when got off and went to North Road Roundabout for 10 minutes until they disappeared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 23 Apr 2017

Sunday and Bank Holiday services.

I've bitten my lip for a couple of weeks, having been left in limbo a few times over the last few weeks...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 9:03 pm)Andreos1 Sunday and Bank Holiday services.

I've bitten my lip for a couple of weeks, having been left in limbo a few times over the last few weeks...
Howay Andreos you can't just leave a cliffhanger like that!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 9:19 pm)northern156 Howay Andreos you can't just leave a cliffhanger like that!

I apologise. Mind, it was the judders and shakes of a Streetlite that did it. I didnt actually mean to press 'post'!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 23 Apr 2017

(23 Apr 2017, 9:27 pm)Andreos1 I apologise. Mind, it was the judders and shakes of a Streetlite that did it. I didnt actually mean to press 'post'!
Surprised you got that far into the post!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 24 Apr 2017

Having work done of my car. They keep finding things to do "free of charge". I've been in this prison cell of a reception for 3 hours now...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 24 Apr 2017

(24 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm)Jamie M Having work done of my car. They keep finding things to do "free of charge". I've been in this prison cell of a reception for 3 hours now...

Hope they get that fuel gauge fixed...

(24 Apr 2017, 3:27 pm)Dan Hope they get that fuel gauge fixed...

I'm just seeing exhaust pipes and other parts of car being thrown around. It's a hell of a lot of labour and parts to be free. I'm hoping I didn't misheat "three hundred" haha.

The fuel gauge is the last of my concerns since I often fill it to the brim every week or so. I'd only have to be careful on an extended journey and even then it only fluctuates for a while before settling. We'll see I guess haha.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 24 Apr 2017

(24 Apr 2017, 3:32 pm)Jamie M I'm just seeing exhaust pipes and other parts of car being thrown around. It's a hell of a lot of labour and parts to be free. I'm hoping I didn't misheat "three hundred" haha.

The fuel gauge is the last of my concerns since I often fill it to the brim every week or so. I'd only have to be careful on an extended journey and even then it only fluctuates for a while before settling. We'll see I guess haha.

Don't worry. What's £300 when compared to the £5000 you pay for car insurance? I'm sure all labour expenses will be covered.

I would be concerned about your fuel gauge though - if you're doing a hundred mile round-trip and the fuel on your gauge increases, I would not trust that gauge for anything.

(24 Apr 2017, 3:39 pm)MurdnunoC Don't worry. What's £300 when compared to the £5000 you pay for car insurance? I'm sure all labour expenses will be covered.

I would be concerned about your fuel gauge though - if you're doing a hundred mile round-trip and the fuel on your gauge increases, I would not trust that gauge for anything.
I don't pay 5000, that was just the first quote. It's all done and dusted now for nout! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 Apr 2017

Everyone getting annoyed with me. Whatever I say or do seems to make everyone angry with me.

(24 Apr 2017, 6:46 pm)Jimmi Everyone getting annoyed with me. Whatever I say or do seems to make everyone angry with me.

Just laugh at them mate, from what I know of you - it's 100% their problem. Even the best people have haters.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 Apr 2017

(24 Apr 2017, 7:02 pm)Jamie M Just laugh at them mate, from what I know of you - it's 100% their problem. Even the best people have haters.

In this case, I had an issue and the only way to resolve said problem needed the help of someone else and they refused, so I got annoyed (not directly at them)and then they got angry with me.

Most of the time, I don't care when I annoy a random in public who I am unlikely to see again. Sometimes I do stuff that I know will annoy some and I won't care, for example yesterday morning when waiting for the X66 to Stockton I stood to queue behind the Solo that was parked up on the stand that I knew was there as a spare and that the X66 would pull up behind, although I think I got away with that one! Big Grin