North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 Jun 2017

(29 Jun 2017, 3:35 pm)Andreos1 I was giving the car a bit fuel earlier on and chatting to the woman behind the counter.

There were a load of newspapers on the counter and I noticed the headline of a certain paper. It was referring to the news of charges against ex Police Officers based in South Yorkshire.

It turns out, that they're giving 'that' paper away today. I was polite to the member of staff when she offered me a copy. 

After the headlines at the time and the accusations made - to give a paper away free of charge on a day when they're covering the story again (all be it with a different agenda) - nah, not for me.
That's pretty sick

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 04 Jul 2017

The fact it's peeing down, which meant I couldn't be arsed to go out getting soaked whilst riding about on buses all day.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Jul 2017

(04 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm)Rapidsnap The fact it's peeing down, which meant I couldn't be arsed to go out getting soaked whilst riding about on buses all day.

You need to avoid them open topped ones.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Jul 2017

Been raining since yesterday in the Lakes, we still went out too Windermere and Ambleside though.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Jul 2017

(04 Jul 2017, 6:38 pm)Michael Been raining since yesterday in the Lakes, we still went out too Windermere and Ambleside though.

it's the law to rain in the Lakes.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Jul 2017

(04 Jul 2017, 11:06 pm)BusLoverMum it's the law to rain in the Lakes.

Stopped now but for how long? Haha

Don't mind rain at all though

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 05 Jul 2017

(04 Jul 2017, 6:18 pm)BusLoverMum You need to avoid them open topped ones.

And the Waggonway Scania's Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Jul 2017

(04 Jul 2017, 11:15 pm)Michael Stopped now but for how long? Haha

Don't mind rain at all though

I would actually quite like to go to the lakes when the weather is really wet one day and get some bus photos in the rain as I quite like seeing photos of buses in the rain, although I ain't the biggest fan of being out in that weather.

Doing a lakes bus outing next week then probably again the following week providing the Volvo's are in service on the 599.

I am currently not having fun on the train to Middlesbrough, primary school trip on board and to make matters even worse, got some fully grown adults who are even more loud and annoying than the children, having Twinkle Twinkle Little Star shouted right in your ears by a bloke with a loud voice has certainly given me a terrible headache, ears will probably start bleeding next!

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 06 Jul 2017

Had Sky Q installed in my new flat on Sunday and asked the engineer if I needed to be in yesterday (5/7/17) and they said I didn’t need to be in for the broadband and phone line activation which was due to come on yesterday, I then get up yesterday morning and have a message from BT Openreach to say I was not in when they called at 8am. I had no notification that they would be coming to the flat as even my order tracking on Sky’s website said I did not need to be in when it was activated, so have put in a complaint to get them to come out as quickly as possible as I am due to move on Saturday and will not move until the broadband and phone line have been activated. They have put it down as a priority so hopefully it will be sorted by Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 11 Jul 2017

If I'm going to pick one solitary thing out of the blanket term of EVERYTHING, it has to be the fact that I have spent over half an hour on the phone and scouring the web, trying to track down a copy of an old marriage certificate and I am not a single step closer to obtaining it. I've ended up filling in a web form email and from experience, web form emails just disappear into the ether never to be found again.

Just one more bit of evidence that I should never have married the t...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 12 Jul 2017

Yesterday went to get tyres on my car repaired / replaced.

Went to go out in car this morning to find that one of the replaced tyres (rear driver side) had decided to deflate.

Headed to tyre place and nearly had a berk in a merc crash into me at A19 / Tynemouth Rd roundabout when they decided they didn't have to obey the give way to the right rule.

Get to tyre place and discovered that the sealent wasn't properly applied to rim, but they sorted out free of charge.

Go pick up wor lass, do a few errands for her, then head to Saltmeadows to see if anything was worth photoing. There was but due to roadworks I couldn't get parked and all the parking bays around the S bend were full.

Ended up spending most the afternoon driving around aimlessly. Did however manage to get a photo of Arriva Tempo 1311.

Headed to Grangetown in Sunderland to get some Black Cats to find that I was too late to get decent shots as the sun had moved too far around.

Decided to head to South Shields, then as I was going around a roundabout in Hendon, a wire /cable wallgrab punctured my tyre (The Driver Side Rear again). Although the tyre didn't lose it's air, the thing stuck out so much I would have been an idiot to drive it, so it was into the sports centre car park to change my tyre (fortunatley I had sorted my spare yesterday too).

More aimless driving about, and in hindsight thinking I'm pretty bored of the local bus scene at the minute.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 18 Jul 2017

Currently stuck on 6140 as the X12 was running 6 minutes early.

Checking the app, it's now ten minutes early into Gateshead!

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 21 Jul 2017

Openreach were supposed to come to my flat this morning to set up my fibre broadband and didn’t turn up and also British Gas were supposed to come this afternoon to install smart meters and never turned up, have rearranged with Sky for Openreach to come on Tuesday so they better come and will have to contact British Gas to ask why they didn’t show up so wasted an entire day for nothing as I was gonna go to Ashington for the X21/X22 launch in between appointments

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 21 Jul 2017

(21 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm)TEN 6083 Openreach were supposed to come to my flat this morning to set up my fibre broadband and didn’t turn up and also British Gas were supposed to come this afternoon to install smart meters and never turned up, have rearranged with Sky for Openreach to come on Tuesday so they better come and will have to contact British Gas to ask why they didn’t show up so wasted an entire day for nothing as I was gonna go to Ashington for the X21/X22 launch in between appointments

Nothing worse.  EDF cancelled my smart meter appointment 2 hours after they were due to arrive, so I got £30 credit on my account - make sure you follow it up and get some money credited onto your account.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 24 Jul 2017

Booked 20th August off a few months back with the intention of going to a bus event. Just discovered they've put me into work a shift without even phoning me or texting me to tell me. I found out by going onto my rota thing online to find that it had changed.

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 25 Jul 2017

Openreach supposed to come this morning to activate my broadband and phone and yet again haven’t turned up so been on phone to SkyHelpTeam to try to sort it out, got up at 6am as well as I had stuff to bring to the flat and gonna probably have to take some of if to my mams house. Getting rather sick of bringing my TV back and forwards now.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Jul 2017

Pee ignorant old couple attempted to shove their way past me as I was about to board the Scania / E400 demonstrator on the X24 in Sunderland, when I did set foot on the bus the woman was shoving past me from behind so they could get the front seats upstairs, a friend said the same happened to them in Newcastle a few hours later, I asked them if it was a woman in a red coat and sure enough the answer was yes, although he managed to stop them getting the front seats on his journey. Dare bet there would be absolute hell on if I did what they did

Hope they try this with the wrong person and they get slaughtered for it, especially as I am pig sick of old people attempting this with me and have had some claiming that I have pushed in a queue when I haven't.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 29 Jul 2017

None enthusiasts at Hexham getting in the way when Flying Scotsman passed through standing right on the edge of the platform blocking the view, also the other half was on the footbridge getting a video and some pensioner shoves her out of the way and pushes in when she was recording a video for me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 29 Jul 2017

(29 Jul 2017, 5:34 pm)TEN 6083 None enthusiasts at Hexham getting in the way when Flying Scotsman passed through standing right on the edge of the platform blocking the view, also the other half was on the footbridge getting a video and some pensioner shoves her out of the way and pushes in when she was recording a video for me.

I know its annoying but isn't a train station, a public place and not just for ethusiasts?

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 29 Jul 2017

(29 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm)Michael I know its annoying but isn't a train station, a public place and not just for ethusiasts?

All of them were waiting for the Scotsman as they all left as soon as it passes through