North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Jul 2017

(29 Jul 2017, 5:34 pm)TEN 6083 None enthusiasts at Hexham getting in the way when Flying Scotsman passed through standing right on the edge of the platform blocking the view, also the other half was on the footbridge getting a video and some pensioner shoves her out of the way and pushes in when she was recording a video for me.

In what sense they are deemed "non enthusiasts?" people waiting for are waiting for the normal timetabled train service from Hexham or these people who are only interested in Flying Scotsman? If in the case of the former, Hexham isn't that big of a station, so space will be limited and people have every right to stand wherever they want, whilst this can be annoying to enthusiasts there isn't much that can be done.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 29 Jul 2017

Personally I have little time for train spotters. I will not dignify them by using the term rail enthusiasts. On my way back from the stagecoach Carlisle open day I have the misfortune to sit opposite a train spotter. He coughed and cleared his throat repeatedly all the way back to newcastle.

This was my latest annoyance by those people.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 29 Jul 2017

(29 Jul 2017, 5:34 pm)TEN 6083 None enthusiasts at Hexham getting in the way when Flying Scotsman passed through standing right on the edge of the platform blocking the view, also the other half was on the footbridge getting a video and some pensioner shoves her out of the way and pushes in when she was recording a video for me.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

If you saw me, you'd probably deem me a non-enthusiast (rather than the accidental enthusiast that I've become). I'm just a perfectly unremarkable looking middle aged woman. (People are often pretty surprised when they clock me playing Pokemon Go, then pass on their respect when they see that I'm level 34)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 30 Jul 2017

(29 Jul 2017, 6:49 pm)Charles41 Personally I have little time for train spotters. I will not dignify them by using the term rail enthusiasts. On my way back from the stagecoach Carlisle open day I have the misfortune to sit opposite a train spotter. He coughed and cleared his throat repeatedly all the way back to newcastle.

Charles

Haha! it seems me and you were on the same train.

Me and another enthusiast sat a handful of rows down from him but decided 2 mins in to move somewhere else due to his bloody cough.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Jul 2017

(30 Jul 2017, 12:35 am)South Tyne Lad Haha! it seems me and you were on the same train.

Me and another enthusiast sat a handful of rows down from him but decided 2 mins in to move somewhere else due to his bloody cough.

A fair few of us were on that journey in fairness though, me being another one of them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 01 Aug 2017

(29 Jul 2017, 6:49 pm)Charles41 Personally I have little time for train spotters. I will not dignify them by using the term rail enthusiasts. On my way back from the stagecoach Carlisle open day I have the misfortune to sit opposite a train spotter. He coughed and cleared his throat repeatedly all the way back to newcastle.

Charles

Not every rail enthusiast is the same. Yes, there are the stereotypical ignorant old men but at the same time, there are some of the nicest people and most conscientious people you'll meet.
It isn't fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 01 Aug 2017

(01 Aug 2017, 2:30 am)northern156 Not every rail enthusiast is the same. Yes, there are the stereotypical ignorant old men but at the same time, there are some of the nicest people and most conscientious people you'll meet.
It isn't fair to tar everyone with the same brush.

I know which category you fall under, northern156!  Rolleyes

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 01 Aug 2017

(01 Aug 2017, 6:16 am)Dan I know which category you fall under, northern156!  Rolleyes

Too right you do.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 05 Aug 2017

People spraying body spray on a bus.

It's bad enough when people stink of strong perfume or body sprays and even worse when it's a poor attempt to mask some obvious soap dodging, but spraying it in the confined space of a bus is just bleeding antisocial.

I did open the window on a group of students doing it on an icy cold day, once, after they set me off on a coughing fit, but I'm halfway back on a Streetlite and can't reach any Windows.

My eyes are burning.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 05 Aug 2017

(05 Aug 2017, 9:05 am)BusLoverMum People spraying body spray on a bus.

It's bad enough when people stink of strong perfume or body sprays and even worse when it's a poor attempt to mask some obvious soap dodging, but spraying it in the confined space of a bus is just bleeding antisocial.

I did open the window on a group of students doing it on an icy cold day, once, after they set me off on a coughing fit, but I'm halfway back on a Streetlite and can't reach any Windows.

My eyes are burning.

You cannot win can you - either that or some cracking BO  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 07 Aug 2017

Having an absolute 'mare with displays today, prefer the nights for this reason.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 07 Aug 2017

(07 Aug 2017, 12:09 pm)Jamie M Having an absolute 'mare with displays today, prefer the nights for this reason.

Whilst I am getting destinations fine but photos are coming out very dark. The sun keeps going in at the wrong times and have had this issue every time I've been out in about the last two months. Of course every 13/X25 I am in a position to photograph is a Chester-le-Street based vehicle, next one is 5204 although I am currently on 6051 30 minutes in front.

I am also have the Tapatalk quoting issue you mentioned earlier in another thread (using mobile browser for quotes).

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ds1197 - 08 Aug 2017

Got a lot photos to upload to Flickr and my laptops crashed twice

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Aug 2017

The dispute over me using the nickname Jimmi has come about again.

This is one of many social issues I'm currently facing and is making me feel miserable.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 08 Aug 2017

Nobody who is worth caring about gives a damn about a pseudonym. Walk away from the disputes, it ain't worth trying to reason with people who care about such things.

(No option to quote - again)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 08 Aug 2017

(08 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm)Jamie M Nobody who is worth caring about gives a damn about a pseudonym. Walk away from the disputes, it ain't worth trying to reason with people who care about such things.

This.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Aug 2017

(08 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm)Jamie M Nobody who is worth caring about gives a damn about a pseudonym. Walk away from the disputes, it ain't worth trying to reason with people who care about such things.

Basically the situation is (some members may remember me mentioning this before), I was asked by someone named Jimmi to change my Flickr name a while back but refused and seemingly he's still bitter about it as he messaged me on Messenger earlier and said "yo ass' nickname ain't Jimmi anymore" I didn't respond as it will probably get nowhere. Probably annoys him even more now I have more accounts where I have the name Jimmi and even have it set as a nickname on my Facebook.

This quote is coming via my phones browser (damn Tapatalk).

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 08 Aug 2017

Well...[Image: 55adab3eb378dd909a06552f01c91778.jpg]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Aug 2017

(08 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm)Jamie M Well...

I'm pretty familiar with the block button, I've used it a fair few times now and I can't see things changing soon

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 09 Aug 2017

Ignore him, he's a 10 year old who's surrounded himself with loads of veg to make him look hard.