North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 02 Sep 2017

eesh, Jimmi! They just want to listen to "da' sick beatz"!

I think we need a music thread dedicated towards this particular topic of dated uninspiring music...

After dealing avec le thread de français.. nous n'oublions pas les vélos!

[Image: Cycling-Laws-in-France.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 02 Sep 2017

(02 Sep 2017, 11:19 am)Jamie M eesh, Jimmi! They just want to listen to "da' sick beatz"!

I think we need a music thread dedicated towards this particular topic of dated uninspiring music...

After dealing avec le thread de français.. nous n'oublions pas les vélos!

[Image: Cycling-Laws-in-France.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not had any issues there today, although I had one who was not pleased with my relaxed walking pace last week, so to annoy him I slowed down and started looking at my phone.

I am so predictable ain't I?  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 02 Sep 2017

My terrible parking, accidently scraped the car next to me when maneuvering into a bay. There goes my no claims bonus.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 02 Sep 2017

(02 Sep 2017, 5:01 pm)Charles41 My terrible parking, accidently scraped the car next to me when maneuvering into a bay. There goes my no claims bonus.

Charles

Oh dear, bad enough when its something like a bollard - much damage to your car?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 02 Sep 2017

(02 Sep 2017, 5:31 pm)citaro5284 Oh dear, bad enough when its something like a bollard - much damage to your car?

Just a few scrapes and scratches.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Sep 2017

Wonder if the 36 will turn up?

Edit: 15 minutes late..... Now a long wait in the town for my next bus...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 05 Sep 2017

First day of the long complex school run and the flaming 22 is 29 minutes late.

Going to have to fork out for the 58 then.

(05 Sep 2017, 1:12 pm)BusLoverMum First day of the long complex school run and the flaming 22 is 29 minutes late.

Or maybe not since it just showed up!

It's 1601. Maybe it's the ghost of 1601. The app say it's still in shotton.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 05 Sep 2017

(05 Sep 2017, 1:12 pm)BusLoverMum First day of the long complex school run and the flaming 22 is 29 minutes late.

Things can only get better...... Tongue

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 05 Sep 2017

Youngsters playing chicken with the Tyne Valley Ten by jumping out in front of it while it’s coming into Hexham causing the driver to brake hard and then running back onto the pavement when it’s near to them and laughing about it when the bus went past, idiots

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 06 Sep 2017

Likely that there's been an issue with the GPS/ ticket machine - they usually seem to be the causes when the app is way off.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2017

Not having fun this afternoon...

Got the PCL Travel 473 from Wooler to Alnwick, decided to record the trip for my YouTube and a few stops in a old bloke gets on starts walking down the bus, he's about to sit then but then proceeds to stare at me for a solid 10 seconds, the next time we stopped he started staring at me again for much of the minute we were stopped at this stop, fortunately more people boarded after this so he couldn't really stare at me for the remainder of the journey, however he was continuing to stare at me in Alnwick Bus Station especially as I was photographing another of PCL Travel's Versa's.

Got informed that the X15 would not be running which is nice, just a pity we weren't told a minute sooner otherwise we could have got on the X18 and got back into Newcastle at 4pm, instead I've had to get the X20 and will now not get into Newcastle until 16:30, an hour later than originally planned, attempted to shave 15 minutes off by getting the 15 over to Rothbury/Thropton then X14 to Newcastle but the Solo came in on the 15 making unhealthy noises and sure enough was pulled from service.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Cobalt271 - 06 Sep 2017

(06 Sep 2017, 2:06 pm)Jimmi Not having fun this afternoon...

Got the PCL Travel 473 from Wooler to Alnwick, decided to record the trip for my YouTube and a few stops in a old bloke gets on starts walking down the bus, he's about to sit then but then proceeds to stare at me for a solid 10 seconds, the next time we stopped he started staring at me again for much of the minute we were stopped at this stop, fortunately more people boarded after this so he couldn't really stare at me for the remainder of the journey, however he was continuing to stare at me in Alnwick Bus Station especially as I was photographing another of PCL Travel's Versa's.

Got informed that the X15 would not be running which is nice, just a pity we weren't told a minute sooner otherwise we could have got on the X18 and got back into Newcastle at 4pm, instead I've had to get the X20 and will now not get into Newcastle until 16:30, an hour later than originally planned, attempted to shave 15 minutes off by getting the 15 over to Rothbury/Thropton then X14 to Newcastle but the Solo came in on the 15 making unhealthy noises and sure enough was pulled from service.

The Solo was still there just before 5pm so I assume they've failed to get it going. PCL's reputation precedes them again!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2017

(06 Sep 2017, 6:30 pm)Cobalt271 The Solo was still there just before 5pm so I assume they've failed to get it going. PCL's reputation precedes them again!

When the Solo broke, the driver and Versa off the 470 came into Alnwick Bus Station a few minutes later, driver of the Versa got in the Solo, basically concluded it was broken and disappeared off in the Versa back to wherever he was hiding, this left the passengers intending to catch the 15 to either get a taxi or take a long trip back to Rothbury/Thropton via Morpeth to get home, judging by some of the reactions from the passengers when it became apparent that they weren't getting a 15 home, this is nothing out of the ordinary, quite worrying that the passengers were asking if there would be a bus for tomorrow. I honestly thought they could have used the Versa to at least cover that trip to Thropton then Rothbury as the 15 then dead back to Alnwick in time to do the next 470 trip but I dare bet the 15 didn't run for the remainder of the day. That Solo is awful even at the best of times.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 07 Sep 2017

(06 Sep 2017, 7:52 pm)Jimmi When the Solo broke, the driver and Versa off the 470 came into Alnwick Bus Station a few minutes later, driver of the Versa got in the Solo, basically concluded it was broken and disappeared off in the Versa back to wherever he was hiding, this left the passengers intending to catch the 15 to either get a taxi or take a long trip back to Rothbury/Thropton via Morpeth to get home, judging by some of the reactions from the passengers when it became apparent that they weren't getting a 15 home, this is nothing out of the ordinary, quite worrying that the passengers were asking if there would be a bus for tomorrow. I honestly thought they could have used the Versa to at least cover that trip to Thropton then Rothbury as the 15 then dead back to Alnwick in time to do the next 470 trip but I dare bet the 15 didn't run for the remainder of the day. That Solo is awful even at the best of times.

It seems to be a trend with PCL that they just don't run advertised services. On Monday morning I went to Alnwick to photograph the first A1 service. However it did not arrive. I then found the bus parked up at the filling station next to the motorway

It's really disappointing and not good customer service. PCL need to get a proper maintenance routine in place. You just can't leave vehicles parked in laybys night after night.

Charles

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 11 Sep 2017

Taxis decides to pull in front of me when I’m getting a photo of 6308 opposite Eldon Square exit

Going to Gateshead West Street to wait for the other 2 to come back from Boro to wait for them on the way back to Boro again

[Image: cc779862f4da479a325b3f69a0863adc.heic]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 11 Sep 2017

(11 Sep 2017, 3:09 pm)TEN 6083 Taxis decides to pull in front of me when I’m getting a photo of 6308 opposite Eldon Square exit

Going to Gateshead West Street to wait for the other 2 to come back from Boro to wait for them on the way back to Boro again

[Image: cc779862f4da479a325b3f69a0863adc.heic]

I think, unfortunately, when you take photographs across a busy road, near a busy junction, you have to anticipate that you'll be photobombed by other vehicles!

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 11 Sep 2017

(11 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm)BusLoverMum I think, unfortunately, when you take photographs across a busy road, near a busy junction, you have to anticipate that you'll be photobombed by other vehicles!

I know, it’s happened a few times before, was nothing there when the bus was backing out then it got stuck at the traffic lights coming out then they appeared as it was coming out, going to West Street at Gateshead for the other 2

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Sep 2017

Surely I'm the one who should be moaning about attempts to get photos of the B5's, whilst I had nothing ruin my shot, I had to wait around 90 minutes for one to appear where I was (6045 did appear in this time). Probably would have been alright if the driver on the X22 drove a bit quicker and the Stagecoach 36 wasn't in the wrong 'Time Zone' (12 minutes late).

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 11 Sep 2017

I couldn't get photos either, oh aye that be because I'm at work.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 12 Sep 2017

The door alarm in arriva's 1597 is going off non stop. This is going to be a really painful 15 minutes.