North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 09 Dec 2015

I've been reading the recent posts on this thread regarding disagreements between forum members. I think it would be a good idea if forum members set up a "town hall" meeting. We all could get together in person and discuss any differences that members may be having and hopefully find an amicable solution for all. We could also use such a meeting as way for forum moderators to explain what is and what is not acceptable conduct on the forum along with rules for general behaviour.

Such a meeting could be used to plan activities for forum members who are interested. For example, we could arrange a vintage bus trip or visit to an operator's premises. I feel this would be a way of bringing forum members of all ages together and demonstrating we can create a vibrant inclusive enthusiast community.

A good place to hold it would be a church hall, community centre or even a meeting room in a community academy. It should be held somewhere with good transport links in the centre of the region (e.g. Newcastle or Durham) on a Saturday. This would increase attendance levels. It would also allay somewhat any fears that the parents or guardians of younger forum members may have around them attending the meeting.

I feel it would be better if we could meet up, clear the air and lay the foundation stones of a strong supportive community. Looking through the posts on the forum I believe there are many caring and good natured people within the community.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Jimmi - are your first names James Michael?

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 11:05 am)Charles41 Jimmi - are your first names James Michael?

Charles

Everyone seems to think my first name is James, it is not.

Do we think I should I should change my name to James to make it easier for you's? Alternatively, if I ever have kids I may now name my first born son James.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 11:05 am)Charles41 I've been reading the recent posts on this thread regarding disagreements between forum members. I think it would be a good idea if forum members set up a "town hall" meeting. We all could get together in person and discuss any differences that members may be having and hopefully find an amicable solution for all. We could also use such a meeting as way for forum moderators to explain what is and what is not acceptable conduct on the forum along with rules for general behaviour.

Such a meeting could be used to plan activities for forum members who are interested. For example, we could arrange a vintage bus trip or visit to an operator's premises. I feel this would be a way of bringing forum members of all ages together and demonstrating we can create a vibrant inclusive enthusiast community.

A good place to hold it would be a church hall, community centre or even a meeting room in a community academy. It should be held somewhere with good transport links in the centre of the region (e.g. Newcastle or Durham) on a Saturday. This would increase attendance levels. It would also allay somewhat any fears that the parents or guardians of younger forum members may have around them attending the meeting.

I feel it would be better if we could meet up, clear the air and lay the foundation stones of a strong supportive community. Looking through the posts on the forum I believe there are many caring and good natured people within the community.

Charles

A wider group meeting sounds like a fab idea. Obviously, there's some established groups of friends here, and a few people on either nodding (or running away) terms with others, but an organised meet would give people chance to say hello without feeling stalkerish, even if some people don't stick around for very long.

I reckon jimmi's parents are really into sleb naming and his real name is Apple Blossom Sausageskin.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 09 Dec 2015

Classic Jimmi annoyance... BT!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 11:05 am)Charles41 I've been reading the recent posts on this thread regarding disagreements between forum members. I think it would be a good idea if forum members set up a "town hall" meeting. We all could get together in person and discuss any differences that members may be having and hopefully find an amicable solution for all. We could also use such a meeting as way for forum moderators to explain what is and what is not acceptable conduct on the forum along with rules for general behaviour.

Charles

In principle, I don't think be a bad thing.
However (without blaming anyone at all and if I am wrong, please tell me), the majority of the fallings out I see or here about are amongst the members of the forum who are 'visibly active' on the scene.
They are probably towards the younger age groupings.

Then there are older members, who view the site as a 'fantasy island' and have actively not got involved in the forum at all.
As entertaining as the bickering was initially, it has grown tiresome now.

I have mentioned previously about cliques, empire building and bitchiness (that goes across all age groups) and as optimistic as I try to be, I am not sure a meeting would solve it.
Some of the gloating, boasting and envy that is shown by some, is pretty sad.
Saying that, I don't have a personal issue with anyone on the forum - even eezypeazy!

Organising a NEB day out sounds great as well, but wouldn't it just be another clique?

I know one or two members on here and have spoken with others about having a drink or two. However, getting actively involved in the hobby (and the pettiness that goes with it) away from the forum isn't something that floats my boat.
Living a life away from the forum, enables me to switch off and focus on something else - whether that be family, friends or work.
It also means I can't be dragged into any of the many arguments or battles that goes on.

If the meeting comes off, I wish you every success.
Hopefully it does stop the bitchiness we see too often.

Flaming useless flaming router is not doing its flaming job. Internet's been flaky for the past couple of days, with lots of time outs. Turns out not to be a net connection issue because the printer has vanished into oblivion and I have a load of flaming stuff to flaming print out for a meeting on Friday.

Yeah, just flaming rub it in!!!
.png
Capture.PNG
Size 6.6 KB / Downloads 21

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 Dec 2015

Re: posts made by Charles41/BLM/Andreos1.

I'll have a proper read through when I'm not on a mobile device, and see if I can respond to the points made.

Cheers

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 09 Dec 2015

Tomorrow I start College at 9:00am and don't finish until 5:15pm...!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm)Davie Tomorrow I start College at 9:00am and don't finish until 5:15pm...!

Undecided, long day ahead, is your timetable full or do you have long stupid breaks?

I'm 9:30-4:30 but might not go in - be doing workshop, rather work from home...

Metro is supposed to be back on tomorrow... but they haven't said yet, if it is.

(09 Dec 2015, 9:07 pm)Davie Tomorrow I start College at 9:00am and don't finish until 5:15pm...!
That was my timetable, two days a week for 3 years. The days were painfully long but it was probably preferable to doing three shorter days. I was out for around 16:30 most of the time though.

(09 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm)Michael Undecided, long day ahead, is your timetable full or do you have long stupid breaks?

I'm 9:30-4:30 but might not go in - be doing workshop, rather work from home...

Metro is supposed to be back on tomorrow... but they haven't said yet, if it is.
My timetable for tomorrow:
9:00-12:15 (Including a 20 minute break) Body shop
12:15 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 15:00 Theory (Including 20 minute break)
15:00-17:15 - Flexy Workshop.

Friday is 100x worse as I have a 3 & 1/2 hour break!

(09 Dec 2015, 9:13 pm)Jimmi That was my timetable, two days a week for 3 years. The days were painfully long but it was probably preferable to doing three shorter days. I was out for around 16:30 most of the time though.
I wouldn't like to do it twice a week like...!

(09 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm)Davie I wouldn't like to do it twice a week like...!
It's was especially bad as I had to leave the house at 07:30 and would usually be home by 17:45.

(09 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm)Jimmi It's was especially bad as I had to leave the house at 07:30 and would usually be home by 17:45.
Blimey! I'm usually still in bed at 7:30!

(09 Dec 2015, 9:23 pm)Davie Blimey! I'm usually still in bed at 7:30!

Big'un leaves for school before then!

------------------------------

Husband has been fiddling with the flaming router. Flaming Internet is flaming proper bust, now.

Oh, apparently it's working now.

(09 Dec 2015, 9:14 pm)Davie My timetable for tomorrow:
9:00-12:15 (Including a 20 minute break) Body shop
12:15 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 15:00 Theory (Including 20 minute break)
15:00-17:15 - Flexy Workshop.

Friday is 100x worse as I have a 3 & 1/2 hour break!

Jesus, i thought mine was bad Undecided

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 12:43 pm)Andreos1 In principle, I don't think be a bad thing.
However (without blaming anyone at all and if I am wrong, please tell me), the majority of the fallings out I see or here about are amongst the members of the forum who are 'visibly active' on the scene.
They are probably towards the younger age groupings.

Then there are older members, who view the site as a 'fantasy island' and have actively not got involved in the forum at all.
As entertaining as the bickering was initially, it has grown tiresome now.

I have mentioned previously about cliques, empire building and bitchiness (that goes across all age groups) and as optimistic as I try to be, I am not sure a meeting would solve it.
Some of the gloating, boasting and envy that is shown by some, is pretty sad.
Saying that, I don't have a personal issue with anyone on the forum - even eezypeazy!

Organising a NEB day out sounds great as well, but wouldn't it just be another clique?

I know one or two members on here and have spoken with others about having a drink or two. However, getting actively involved in the hobby (and the pettiness that goes with it) away from the forum isn't something that floats my boat.
Living a life away from the forum, enables me to switch off and focus on something else - whether that be family, friends or work.
It also means I can't be dragged into any of the many arguments or battles that goes on.

If the meeting comes off, I wish you every success.
Hopefully it does stop the bitchiness we see too often.

I don't think a big forum meet would work to be honest, there is too much bad blood between members and no matter what, cliques will always stay together.

I can't see a big meet being a success to be honest, it would become a joke in my opinion, if people can't behave online, they won't behave in the same room or around each other on the street and could be a big problem, I don't think it would turn violent, but suspect it would be heated as we all argue whose arse the sun shines brightest out of, Trent Barton or GNE and whether Gateshead FC are a school football team.

Me personally, I have never had a problem with anyone on here, everybody I have met has been good I will single out Jimmi, Sean and Malarks, and don't think anyone has a problem with me.

I tend to keep myself to myself, because I dont want to be seen as taking sides in a argument, though there is times I will take sides as I am doing for someone at the moment.

If anyone got a meet together, an NEB gathering or whatever, I would try to attend...

I just dont have any hope of being able to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet

(09 Dec 2015, 9:31 pm)Michael Jesus, i thought mine was bad Undecided

They joys of being a college student..!

(09 Dec 2015, 10:04 pm)Davie They joys of being a college student..!

Yup, looks like i'm not in on the morning, might not go in at all, not going in just to sit on the computers for 3 hours when i can do work at home....