North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm)mb134 The oven has decided it doesn't want to be an oven anymore, and won't heat up. Great.

Excellent timing!

Barbecued turkey, tomorrow?

(It goes without saying to check that it doesn't need the timer setting or something silly - mine won't work if the clock isn't set)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 10:05 pm)BusLoverMum Excellent timing!

Barbecued turkey, tomorrow?

(It goes without saying to check that it doesn't need the timer setting or something silly - mine won't work if the clock isn't set)

As it's incredibly warm for this time of year, a barbecue may not have been a bad shout, especially after my 'Microwave the thing' suggestion was shot down Wink

Think we're having it elsewhere now however Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 24 Dec 2015

(24 Dec 2015, 11:34 pm)mb134 As it's incredibly warm for this time of year, a barbecue may not have been a bad shout, especially after my 'Microwave the thing' suggestion was shot down Wink

Think we're having it elsewhere now however Smile

Microwave - small shit like sausage rolls and pasta and that. Not for great big torkeys. Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 25 Dec 2015

TThose
(24 Dec 2015, 11:54 pm)GX03 SVC Microwave - small shit like sausage rolls and pasta and that. Not for great big torkeys. Wink

When Microwaves first came out, there was recipe books that told you how to do a lot more than warm up a greasy pasty.

Those recipes included a homemade, microwaved Christmas dinner!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 25 Dec 2015

My dad's ill again, and I'm getting stressed again.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 25 Dec 2015

This is taking the fucking piss!

My iPod Shuffle has completely conked out, after fading out a song. No usual "Battery level low" announcements and when I plug it in to charge no lights come up and it doesn't connect to the laptop either.

I've quickly googled the problem and there was a problem between 2009-2012, but my iPod was new in 2013.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 25 Dec 2015

Is it detected in iTunes? If so, try and reimage it from there.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 25 Dec 2015

(25 Dec 2015, 11:44 pm)Adrian Is it detected in iTunes? If so, try and reimage it from there.

It detected on iTunes a few moments ago, so I though the problem had cleared and attempted to play the music of which the device then started doing the same thing.

Not detected by either the laptop or iTunes at the moment.

Edit - restored the device via iTunes, and re-synced, but when I try and play song number 3, which I've only just purchased it goes off.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 26 Dec 2015

(25 Dec 2015, 7:12 pm)Davie My dad's ill again, and I'm getting stressed again.
Chin Up Davie Son

Hope your old man is better soon

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 26 Dec 2015

(25 Dec 2015, 12:05 am)Andreos1 TThose

When Microwaves first came out, there was recipe books that told you how to do a lot more than warm up a greasy pasty.

Those recipes included a homemade, microwaved Christmas dinner!

I have one of those books. A St Michael one which makes it doubly nostalgic. I remember my my taking hours to make a Chicken provençal or something. It would have needed a fraction of the effort in a pan but, oh no, this apparently was the way forward. It was so bland and chewy, we decided that it was OK to disagree.

Our micrvave's contributions to dinner, yesterday was warming up readymade gravy and reheating some of the spiced red cabbage that I made and froze, last week!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 26 Dec 2015

Currently enjoying the novelty of the a1 western bypass not being nose to tail.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Dec 2015

As expected, here's what really annoying me today... Being effectively cut off from the world for the whole of today as once again Arriva are stuck in the mindset that people don't want to go anywhere today, everyone wants to be at home with their families, the truth is, right now I don't, had Christmas dinner round my brothers house yesterday and because I have this curse where I struggle to talk to people, it was me sat bored receiving no attention whatsoever for five hours which ended up with being not only being bored but also a bit depressed. I am not the sort of person who can bare just sitting around doing nothing, I honestly can't even sit down and listen to music at home, I have to be pacing up and down the floor to make it feel like I am doing something, so you can only imagine how bored mental I am going to be today especially as my most of my Christmas presents will not keep me amused for the whole day, can't really get much enjoyment from looking at socks, no matter how bright and colourful they are! Unfortunately I haven't managed to sleep in until lunchtime and instead because my brain is a prick, I woke up at 08:30 today so the torture has now been extended by at least another two hours. Although I have DVDs to watch, they will only entertain me for so long. The thing that really irritates me about Arriva not running a service on Boxing Day is the fact that I know some of the members of this forum and also some of my friends from college have a service bus service today run by Go North East today, whereas if I want to leave Newton Aycliffe today, the only way of doing so would be to book a taxi and I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but on Boxing Day taxi companies can charge double the usual fare, my parents went to Tesco from my house on another bank holiday and it costed £6 odd just for a five minute journey! So I dread to think how much it would cost to go to Darlington and back today, you'd probably be paying something ridiculous like £30 for the pleasure of travelling today.

So once again, I am in for a long day of climbing up the walls because there is nothing to do but look at the socks I got for Christmas.

EDIT: Just remembered, my speakers broke after I came home on Christmas Eve, so I can only listen to music through my headphones.

(26 Dec 2015, 9:45 am)Jimmi As expected, here's what really annoying me today... Being effectively cut off from the world for the whole of today as once again Arriva are stuck in the mindset that people don't want to go anywhere today, everyone wants to be at home with their families, the truth is, right now I don't, had Christmas dinner round my brothers house yesterday and because I have this curse where I struggle to talk to people, it was me sat bored receiving no attention whatsoever for five hours which ended up with being not only being bored but also a bit depressed. I am not the sort of person who can bare just sitting around doing nothing, I honestly can't even sit down and listen to music at home, I have to be pacing up and down the floor to make it feel like I am doing something, so you can only imagine how bored mental I am going to be today especially as my most of my Christmas presents will not keep me amused for the whole day, can't really get much enjoyment from looking at socks, no matter how bright and colourful they are! Unfortunately I haven't managed to sleep in until lunchtime and instead because my brain is a prick, I woke up at 08:30 today so the torture has now been extended by at least another two hours. Although I have DVDs to watch, they will only entertain me for so long. The thing that really irritates me about Arriva not running a service on Boxing Day is the fact that I know some of the members of this forum and also some of my friends from college have a service bus service today run by Go North East today, whereas if I want to leave Newton Aycliffe today, the only way of doing so would be to book a taxi and I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but on Boxing Day taxi companies can charge double the usual fare, my parents went to Tesco from my house on another bank holiday and it costed £6 odd just for a five minute journey! So I dread to think how much it would cost to go to Darlington and back today, you'd probably be paying something ridiculous like £30 for the pleasure of travelling today.

So once again, I am in for a long day of climbing up the walls because there is nothing to do but look at the socks I got for Christmas.
Even I have a bus service today...Sorry just thought I would rub it in a bit [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] enjoy your socks 😛

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 9:53 am)MrFozz Even I have a bus service today...Sorry just thought I would rub it in a bit [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] enjoy your socks 😛
Yes, you have a bus service today, even Bishop Auckland and Spennydorm have a bus service today! (X21)

Go North East, do you fancy running the 7 next year?

I'm not Davie's friend, who really enjoys socks!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 9:58 am)Jimmi Yes, you have a bus service today, even Bishop Auckland and Spennydorm have a bus service today! (X21)

Go North East, do you fancy running the 7 next year?

I'm not Davie's friend, who [b]really enjoys socks! [/b]

Davie has been quiet recently.
Has he got some new socks and succumbed to temptation?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 9:45 am)Jimmi As expected,  here's what really annoying me today... Being effectively cut off from the world for the whole of today as once again Arriva are stuck in the mindset that people don't want to go anywhere today, everyone wants to be at home with their families, the truth is, right now I don't, had Christmas dinner round my brothers house yesterday and because I have this curse where I struggle to talk to people, it was me sat bored receiving no attention whatsoever for five hours which ended up with being not only being bored but also a bit depressed. I am not the sort of person who can bare just sitting around doing nothing, I honestly can't even sit down and listen to music at home, I have to be pacing up and down the floor to make it feel like I am doing something, so you can only imagine how bored mental I am going to be today especially as my most of my Christmas presents will not keep me amused for the whole day, can't really get much enjoyment from looking at socks, no matter how bright and colourful they are! Unfortunately I haven't managed to sleep in until lunchtime and instead because my brain is a prick, I woke up at 08:30 today so the torture has now been extended by at least another two hours. Although I have DVDs to watch, they will only entertain me for so long. The thing that really irritates me about Arriva not running a service on Boxing Day is the fact that I know some of the members of this forum and also some of my friends from college have a service bus service today run by Go North East today, whereas if I want to leave Newton Aycliffe today, the only way of doing so would be to book a taxi and I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but on Boxing Day taxi companies can charge double the usual fare, my parents went to Tesco from my house on another bank holiday and it costed £6 odd just for a five minute journey! So I dread to think how much it would cost to go to Darlington and back today, you'd probably be paying something ridiculous like £30 for the pleasure of travelling today.

EDIT: Just remembered, my speakers broke after I came home on Christmas Eve, so I can only listen to music through my headphones.

Yep, apparently Arriva staff should have more time with their families according to an 'anti-GNE'....

Once GNE operate a frequent service between Ashington & Newcastle all year the better. Leaving places like Darlington, Newton Aycliffe, 'rural' County Durham (Esh Winning etc), Blyth, Morpeth, Ashington, Widdrington, Amble, Alnwick and Berwick, probably over 150,000 people without a bus service is ridiculous.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 11:01 am)GX03 SVC Yep, apparently Arriva staff should have more time with their families according to an 'anti-GNE'....

Once GNE operate a frequent service between Ashington & Newcastle all year the better. Leaving places like Darlington, Newton Aycliffe, 'rural' County Durham (Esh Winning etc), Blyth, Morpeth, Ashington, Widdrington, Amble, Alnwick and Berwick, probably over 150,000 people without a bus service is ridiculous.
I still think Arriva are missing commercial opportunities, I am interested to see how the X21 does today, it would be incredibly embarrassing if the X21 carries decent passenger numbers, especially as Arriva's competing service is a so called 'premium quality' bus service. Still can't see how places the size of Darlington, Stockton and Middlesbrough can have no bus service whatsoever, not even a basic level service on some of the core routes.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 26 Dec 2015

So bloody secure, I can't even open it!

(26 Dec 2015, 11:01 am)GX03 SVC Yep, apparently Arriva staff should have more time with their families according to an 'anti-GNE'....

They did didn't they..Till about 6-7 years ago

(26 Dec 2015, 11:13 am)Jimmi I still think Arriva are missing commercial opportunities, I am interested to see how the X21 does today, it would be incredibly embarrassing if the X21 carries decent passenger numbers, especially as Arriva's competing service is a so called 'premium quality' bus service. Still can't see how places the size of Darlington, Stockton and Middlesbrough can have no bus service whatsoever, not even a basic level service on some of the core routes.

I agree, it is embarrassing, Murton has a half hourly service, but places like Aycliffe and Sedgefield have nothing.

I cant see why companies cant run to there Sunday timetables and treat Boxing Day like any other Bank Holiday

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 11:49 am)MrFozz They did didn't they..Till about 6-7 years ago

The routes in question were transferred to Arriva in the Ashingtn/Hexham depot swap.