North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm)Jimmi

I'm presently trying to decide where to head out to for an outing tomorrow, I just have no clue which direction to even start heading in. Suggestions?

What about Darlington Town Centre?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm)Jimmi These are the sort of things that concern me about TV seemingly moving online, when problems like this occur it can cause issues with viewing habits etc. Also my WiFi is not the best, viewing stuff on my phone at times is just annoying, especially in the bedroom where it often keeps disconnecting from the WiFi, some days I need to go downstairs to say, post on here from the Tapatalk app.

I'm presently trying to decide where to head out to for an outing tomorrow, I just have no clue which direction to even start heading in. Suggestions?

Durham, Washington, Heworth, Jarrow, North Shields, Cramlington, Morpeth, Alnmouth, Darlington, home

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:12 pm)Dan I'd suggest stopping fairly local - the weather doesn't look like it's going to be up to much!

I'm debating on whether to go out or not. The fact that I'm back to work on Monday after three weeks off makes me want to make the most of the final 'proper' opportunity to take some photos, but I really can't be chewed with taking some mediocre photos in the cold.

I was originally thinking of heading down to Ripon and Wetherby tomorrow but I can't be bothered checking the times and such now and the forecast ain't great. One thing I don't really want to do if I go out tomorrow is get on another 7 to/from Durham, I'm now sick to death of that route and the novelty factor of double deckers has worn off now. I am in two minds as to whether to go out or not tomorrow but I know that if I don't I will be bored and would also be faced with a boring Sunday and that's on top of the boring day I've had today.

Not been taking as many photos in the last fortnight or so, I've pretty much just shot stuff when I have been stood somewhere waiting a few minutes for a bus, was pleased that the Saltwell Park on the 97 yesterday arrived sometime just before I came back from a quick wander over to the rail station, irritatingly though I wanted a shot of 3943 on the X88 yesterday but annoyingly the Stagecoach Enviro parked just next me pulled out at the point 3943 was about to pass and 3943 left before I could get a photo, typical one of the few times it goes via Handy Drive!

(01 Jan 2016, 8:16 pm)Davie What about Darlington Town Centre?

That's not really somewhere where you can spend a whole day, also if there is low winter sun Darlington Town Centre can be a pig to get decent photos in, had issues trying to find somewhere suitable for a shot of 4514 last week.

(01 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm)Jimmi That's not really somewhere where you can spend a whole day, also if there is low winter sun Darlington Town Centre can be a pig to get decent photos in, had issues trying to find somewhere suitable for a shot of 4514 last week.
I just meant for an hour or two.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm)Jimmi That's not really somewhere where you can spend a whole day, also if there is low winter sun Darlington Town Centre can be a pig to get decent photos in, had issues trying to find somewhere suitable for a shot of 4514 last week.

Nee fear of low winter sun tomorrow, though, that's for sure..!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Jan 2016

Have you considered standing at Haymarket all day? Smile

(01 Jan 2016, 8:42 pm)Adrian Have you considered standing at Haymarket all day? Smile
Aye, he can join the cling on corner crew.

(01 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm)Davie I just meant for an hour or two.
An hour or two! I struggle to entertain myself in Darlington for 20 minutes most days. Not the slagging place up, but when you end up in Darlington as often as I do and Darlington doesn't have that much to offer, if you aren't bothered about Dales & District services (which usually seems to intrest me more than Arriva in Darlington) you can get at least one photo of every brand, bus type, etc. within about 20 minutes.

(01 Jan 2016, 8:42 pm)Adrian Have you considered standing at Haymarket all day? Smile

I stood across the road from Haymarket for around 30 minutes yesterday. Don't particularly fancy doing it again for a while ago again yet, don't like staying somewhere too long, in fact I was bored after about 15 minutes, but it only went up to 30 as I decided to get the X20 up to Ashington.
(01 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)Davie Aye, he can join the cling on corner crew.
NEVER!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm)Davie Aye, he can join the cling on corner crew.

That's nothing to be proud of....

(01 Jan 2016, 8:47 pm)Jimmi NEVER!!!

Why not? We're looking for bew members each day.

(01 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm)Davie Why not? We're looking for bew members each day.
I'm bad enough talking to one person at times, never mind a group!

I am a quiet person, as two enthusiasts I know were discussing between themselves yesterday. If they are reading this, I'm not bothered, I know that I say very little but the truth is I want to be more talkative but struggle to do so. Oh and I still haven't done anything to my Facebook, as I still seem to be unable to go and find my friends on there.

(01 Jan 2016, 3:23 pm)Davie Bloody BBC Iplayer on my PS4! It won't let me watch Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie, all I get is a message saying I have to update the application or the system, which I checked, and both are up to date!
It's still not working!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm)LeeCalder That's nothing to be proud of....

Your not much better.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - tyresmoke - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm)Jimmi I'm bad enough talking to one person at times, never mind a group!

I am a quiet person, as two enthusiasts I know were discussing between themselves yesterday. If they are reading this, I'm not bothered, I know that I say very little but the truth is I want to be more talkative but struggle to do so. Oh and I still haven't done anything to my Facebook, as I still seem to be unable to go and find my friends on there.

Why not head to Crook and photograph Weardale's X21? Due in at 1030, same time as one of the 101's.
There's probably not a lot you haven't got a photo of though to be fair!

Might be worth mentioning that there will be a heavy coach presence for rail replacement Darlington-Durham-Newcastle over the next few weeks, but this starts next week 9th January.

(01 Jan 2016, 9:07 pm)DanPicken Your not much better.
*like*

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm)LeeCalder That's nothing to be proud of....

I think the wind had scared everyone off on Wednesday.

Lightweights.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:07 pm)DanPicken Your not much better.

I would like to think I have broadened my horizons. You only have to look at my Flickr to see that.

I am no longer wandering around with the controversial, I have some brilliant mates who are both enthusiasts and involved heavily in the industry. Yesterday saw a trip to TrentBarton Land, and further trips to Lancashire, Dublin and Cardiff are on the cards.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:21 pm)LeeCalder I would like to think I have broadened my horizons. You only have to look at my Flickr to see that.

I am no longer wandering around with the controversial, I have some brilliant mates who are both enthusiasts and involved heavily in the industry. Yesterday saw a trip to TrentBarton Land, and further trips to Lancashire, Dublin and Cardiff are on the cards.

Best way. You get to see a lot more interesting stock by travelling around a bit! Unfortunately there'll always be people that don't appreciate what's not on their door step.

I'd love to do Dublin one day. I was down Derby not so long ago, and found things a bit average. Arriva had some interesting stock down there, but I'd probably want to do it again in the summer and explore a bit more.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 01 Jan 2016

(01 Jan 2016, 9:25 pm)Adrian Best way. You get to see a lot more interesting stock by travelling around a bit! Unfortunately there'll always be people that don't appreciate what's not on their door step.

I'd love to do Dublin one day. I was down Derby not so long ago, and found things a bit average. Arriva had some interesting stock down there, but I'd probably want to do it again in the summer and explore a bit more.

It's hard to do with little money, Lee only does it because of the Honey Monster.