North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 23 Jan 2016

Big'un wanted to get the metro to Sunderland. Have only just got moving again after sitting at a red light just past fellgate for 10 mins. Someone on here smells like my laundry basket

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 23 Jan 2016

(23 Jan 2016, 2:48 pm)BusLoverMum Big'un wanted to get the metro to Sunderland. Have only just got moving again after sitting at a red light just past fellgate for 10 mins. Someone on here smells like my laundry basket

Probs a Freight train in front.

(23 Jan 2016, 2:51 pm)DanPicken Probs a Freight train in front.

Sething did pass but didn't sound that long.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 23 Jan 2016

(23 Jan 2016, 2:53 pm)BusLoverMum Sething did pass but didn't sound that long.

That'll of been either a VTEC Divert or the Prudhoe train.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 23 Jan 2016

Wrekenton... It's a horrible place.

(23 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm)GMitchelhill Wrekenton... It's a horrible place.

Yep.

That's one of the reasons the school relocated around the corner.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 23 Jan 2016

(23 Jan 2016, 3:29 pm)GMitchelhill Wrekenton... It's a horrible place.

Probably one of the reasons why my 23 missed out the High Street.  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 23 Jan 2016

Sick of seeing photos from Haymarket and Eldon Square area of Newcastle on facebook. It's usually the same old crap posted by the same person. Honestly it puts me off photographing around that area.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 24 Jan 2016

(23 Jan 2016, 11:39 pm)GMitchelhill Sick of seeing photos from Haymarket and Eldon Square area of Newcastle on facebook. It's usually the same old crap posted by the same person. Honestly it puts me off photographing around that area.

Sounds like your talking about Gary Devlin.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 24 Jan 2016

(23 Jan 2016, 11:39 pm)GMitchelhill Sick of seeing photos from Haymarket and Eldon Square area of Newcastle on facebook. It's usually the same old crap posted by the same person. Honestly it puts me off photographing around that area.

I was just thinking that haha

Who in their right mind, would spend hours on end at Haymarket/Eldon Square? His photos are getting more likes on Facebook than what I get on my Flickr, for what is basically a shitty iPad photo with a silly filter on it. 

Then he gets all of his photos printed out professionally, why?!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 24 Jan 2016

(24 Jan 2016, 8:56 am)GX03 SVC I was just thinking that haha

Who in their right mind, would spend hours on end at Haymarket/Eldon Square? His photos are getting more likes on Facebook than what I get on my Flickr, for what is basically a shitty iPad photo with a silly filter on it. 

Then he gets all of his photos printed out professionally, why?!
Favourites on Flickr is totally different to likes on Facebook though, no idea how many friends he has on Facebook and I imagine he has hundreds of people on his Facebook groups, so chances are there is more people viewing his photos everyday than Flickr although my stats tell me that I can get somewhere between 2-5k hits on my Flickr each day.

The thing that really annoys me about the Eldon Square/Haymarket residency is not so much the fact I get sick of seeing photos there, it's the fact that pretty much everybody gets sick of it, so it puts me under pressure to get photos elsewhere in the area which is not so ideal when I don't know the area so well and I can sometimes be pressed for time meaning that's all I can do, I can't bring myself to even upload most of my shots taken there, I often stand across the road from Haymarket these days and snap things heading over the yellow box although annoyingly it seems like since I started doing that others have started doing it so that is sickening myself off photos there. All this means I am going to be in an annoying position when I head to Newcastle on Saturday when I will require a MAX X20 B7 as I'll only really have time for a photo at Haymarket as I should be going on that bus tour shortly afterwards.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 24 Jan 2016

(24 Jan 2016, 9:28 am)Jimmi Favourites on Flickr is totally different to likes on Facebook though, no idea how many friends he has on Facebook and I imagine he has hundreds of people on his Facebook groups, so chances are there is more people viewing his photos everyday than Flickr although my stats tell me that I can get somewhere between 2-5k hits on my Flickr each day.

The thing that really annoys me about the Eldon Square/Haymarket residency is not so much the fact I get sick of seeing photos there, it's the fact that pretty much everybody gets sick of it, so it puts me under pressure to get photos elsewhere in the area which is not so ideal when I don't know the area so well and I can sometimes be pressed for time meaning that's all I can do, I can't bring myself to even upload most of my shots taken there, I often stand across the road from Haymarket these days and snap things heading over the yellow box although annoyingly it seems like since I started doing that others have started doing it so that is sickening myself off photos there. All this means I am going to be in an annoying position when I head to Newcastle on Saturday when I will require a MAX X20 B7 as I'll only really have time for a photo at Haymarket as I should be going on that bus tour shortly afterwards.
Might be worth walking up to the Civic Centre for that one if the light is OK.

(24 Jan 2016, 9:28 am)Jimmi Favourites on Flickr is totally different to likes on Facebook though, no idea how many friends he has on Facebook and I imagine he has hundreds of people on his Facebook groups, so chances are there is more people viewing his photos everyday than Flickr although my stats tell me that I can get somewhere between 2-5k hits on my Flickr each day.

Might be worth walking up to the Civic Centre for that one if the light is OK.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Jan 2016

Flickr, Grrr! Angry

Started uploading full of enthusiasm to get my photos I took today online, about halfway though I lost the will to live but I thought that I started so I might as well finish and then the photo editor decided it was having non of it so now I'm going to have to start from scratch again another night. Fuming! Angry

Managed to get this photo up though.
[Image: 23982044693_6f2633128b.jpg]Transdev Harrogate & District: 3625 / BL65YYZ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 25 Jan 2016

(25 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm)Jimmi Flickr, Grrr! Angry

Started uploading full of enthusiasm to get my photos I took today online, about halfway though I lost the will to live but I thought that I started so I might as well finish and then the photo editor decided it was having non of it so now I'm going to have to start from scratch again another night. Fuming! Angry

Managed to get this photo up though.
[Image: 23982044693_6f2633128b.jpg]Transdev Harrogate & District: 3625 / BL65YYZ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Smart livery - though big'un took one look at it and muttered "not DDA compliant"

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 25 Jan 2016

Liking the countdown until departure. Different, simple and effective.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Jan 2016

Dales & District annoyed me today as well.

The standard of driving on the 70 to Ripon this morning was pathetic, he was all over the road and almost pulled out at a roundabout when a car was coming round so had to slam hard on the brakes hard. Then in Ripon on the 159 we got the driver who was that arse I photographed on the X34 in Darlington recently so once again we got the V's flicked at us. Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 25 Jan 2016

despite i used to photograph round there but not anymore as i find it dead boring its the same old day in day out there Mr Issue saying "Buy Big Issue please have a nice day" it puts me off photographing there i will only photograph there the odd time as i got targets to hunt as the old saying goes places to go buses to photo elsewhere already made plans for next week it puts me off cling on corner same old people there

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 26 Jan 2016

(25 Jan 2016, 8:00 pm)BusLoverMum Smart livery - though big'un took one look at it and muttered "not DDA compliant"

He's sort of right. If it was a single decker it wouldn't be, but since it's a Double Decker, they can get away with it until next January.

Basically the route number is on the wrong side.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 26 Jan 2016

(26 Jan 2016, 1:05 am)GMitchelhill He's sort of right. If it was a single decker it wouldn't be, but since it's a Double Decker, they can get away with it until next January.

Basically the route number is on the wrong side.

Its been said over and over that the route number being on the right is best practise rather than a 'must do'. Therefore, the vehicle is DDA compliant now and dosen't need anything doing to it.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 26 Jan 2016

No idea why but sometimes I can't seem to press the letter 'P' on my phones screen, I'm pressing it and it thinks I'm pressing the letter 'O' instead.