North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 15 Feb 2016

I'm trying to charge my mam's phone on the 56, it's went from 18% to 6%!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 15 Feb 2016

(15 Feb 2016, 9:40 am)Davie I'm trying to charge my mam's phone on the 56, it's went from 18% to 6%!

You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anyone's phone.

(15 Feb 2016, 10:59 am)BusLoverMum You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anyone's phone.
I know, I'm a curse.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 15 Feb 2016

The GNE bot posted the fleet news before I did. I sent it a PM but it gave me a load of abuse back.

(Sorry, I'm tired and bored, so I'm trying to amuse myself.)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 15 Feb 2016

(15 Feb 2016, 12:14 pm)GMitchelhill The GNE bot posted the fleet news before I did. I sent it a PM but it gave me a load of abuse back.

(Sorry, I'm tired and bored, so I'm trying to amuse myself.)

I hope not!

Report the bot again, until something gets done!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 15 Feb 2016

A couple of weeks ago my phone packed up- totally my fault, one of the waterproofing flaps fell off due to the way I used it, and so taking it into the bathroom every day while I showered, to listen to music, killed it. Anyway, I'm due an upgrade in March, so I decided to get a £20 phone from Vodafone to last me the month, and it is starting to really bug me! It only had 4GB storage, half of that isn't usable, so I can't download any new apps (downloaded Lifelog, Soundcloud and Spotify, and that filled it up). It won't notify me of new text messages (it'll vibrate, but if I miss that, nothing is shown on the screen etc), it doesn't always receive messages, and it is generally pretty sluggish.

I guess it'll just make me appreciate whatever I get next that bit more....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Feb 2016

(15 Feb 2016, 2:51 pm)mb134 A couple of weeks ago my phone packed up- totally my fault, one of the waterproofing flaps fell off due to the way I used it, and so taking it into the bathroom every day while I showered, to listen to music, killed it. Anyway, I'm due an upgrade in March, so I decided to get a £20 phone from Vodafone to last me the month, and it is starting to really bug me! It only had 4GB storage, half of that isn't usable, so I can't download any new apps (downloaded Lifelog, Soundcloud and Spotify, and that filled it up). It won't notify me of new text messages (it'll vibrate, but if I miss that, nothing is shown on the screen etc), it doesn't always receive messages, and it is generally pretty sluggish.

I dropped mine the other day, damaging the flap for the SD card, so I now have a rather sharp edge sticking out. Still nothing on what some people I know who have badly cracked screens. Have another 13 months on my contract, unsure what I'll do then although I sure as he'll won't be returning to the Darlington Town Centre branch of the Carphone Warehouse, who lost the phone (had fallen behind something and they claimed it hadn't been delivered for several days) the box was damaged and when I went to complain to the branch manager about my poor experiences with them he was an arrogant smart mouthed little prick!

(15 Feb 2016, 2:51 pm)mb134 A couple of weeks ago my phone packed up- totally my fault, one of the waterproofing flaps fell off due to the way I used it, and so taking it into the bathroom every day while I showered, to listen to music, killed it. Anyway, I'm due an upgrade in March, so I decided to get a £20 phone from Vodafone to last me the month, and it is starting to really bug me! It only had 4GB storage, half of that isn't usable, so I can't download any new apps (downloaded Lifelog, Soundcloud and Spotify, and that filled it up). It won't notify me of new text messages (it'll vibrate, but if I miss that, nothing is shown on the screen etc), it doesn't always receive messages, and it is generally pretty sluggish.

(15 Feb 2016, 3:00 pm)Jimmi I dropped mine the other day, damaging the flap for the SD card, so I now have a rather sharp edge sticking out. Still nothing on what some people I know who have badly cracked screens. Have another 13 months on my contract, unsure what I'll do then although I sure as he'll won't be returning to the Darlington Town Centre branch of the Carphone Warehouse, who lost the phone (had fallen behind something and they claimed it hadn't been delivered for several days) the box was damaged and when I went to complain to the branch manager about my poor experiences with them he was an arrogant smart mouthed little prick!
Have I been near any of you two, as I seem to be a curse around Mobile Phones.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 15 Feb 2016

you tube not working,stupid bt wifi

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 16 Feb 2016

So, given that it's now a full calendar month since I made my complaint to Arriva, I figured I'd best chase them.

Got a link, via twitter, for a webchat. That loaded the second time I tried it (first time, it re-directed my to a FAQ page)

Turned out they have no record of my complaint. I asked how I could send it in directly, got given an email address and a form in .doc format. That turned out to be read only, possibly because I don't have microsoft office on my laptop.

So, I was given an acceptable format to email details in, directly, which I duly did - after taking a screenshot of the conversation.

While I was sending the email, I was logged out of the chat session. There was a field to fill in with my email address for a record of the conversation, which I filled in.

An hour on and I still haven't received that record. I'm not hopeful.

I shall give them the requisite 10 days and, if I get no joy will ask for a snail mail address.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 16 Feb 2016

(16 Feb 2016, 5:11 pm)BusLoverMum So, given that it's now a full calendar month since I made my complaint to Arriva, I figured I'd best chase them.

Got a link, via twitter, for a webchat. That loaded the second time I tried it (first time, it re-directed my to a FAQ page)

Turned out they have no record of my complaint. I asked how I could send it in directly, got given an email address and a form in .doc format. That turned out to be read only, possibly because I don't have microsoft office on my laptop.

So, I was given an acceptable format to email details in, directly, which I duly did - after taking a screenshot of the conversation.
While I was sending the email, I was logged out of the chat session. There was a field to fill in with my email address for a record of the conversation, which I filled in.

I shall give them the requisite 10 days and, if I get no joy will ask for a snail mail address.

My dad had this problem with a non existent 85, I would do what he did and consider a small claims court

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 16 Feb 2016

The shitty BT Internet!

(16 Feb 2016, 5:39 pm)NK53 TKT My dad had this problem with a non existent 85, I would do what he did and consider a small claims court

I have no financial stake in this. The guy concerned really should not be in a public facing role, though, which is why I'm annoyed that my complaint most conveniently vanished from their system.

My transcript eventually came though, anyhow.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 16 Feb 2016

(16 Feb 2016, 5:11 pm)BusLoverMum So, given that it's now a full calendar month since I made my complaint to Arriva, I figured I'd best chase them.

Not sure which one you've been given, but I use csnortheast@arriva.co.uk

(16 Feb 2016, 8:06 pm)Adrian Not sure which one you've been given, but I use csnortheast@arriva.co.uk

I got one direct to the webchat team, so hopefully the guy I was talking to was able to pick it up.

And I will resort to snail mail if this one disappears into the ether, since I want to keep a paper trail. It's just as well I emailed the text of my original complaint to Husband before sending it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 17 Feb 2016

Go North East's plug sockets....

I have travelled on 4 Go North East buses so far today, all fitted with Plug Sockets, and none have them have worked!

It's becoming to regular of an occurrence, they might as well do away with them.

I reported two roughly three weeks ago, and they still haven't been rectified.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 17 Feb 2016

(17 Feb 2016, 10:43 am)LeeCalder Go North East's plug sockets....

I have travelled on 4 Go North East buses so far today, all fitted with Plug Sockets, and none have them have worked!

It's becoming to regular of an occurrence, they might as well do away with them.

I reported two roughly three weeks ago, and they still haven't been rectified.

All Streetlites by any chance?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 17 Feb 2016

(17 Feb 2016, 12:13 pm)DanPicken All Streetlites by any chance?

Most likely.

Arriva have the same issue with their Streetlites - it's a vehicle issue, as opposed to a Go North East issue. I suppose it's up to the operator to work with Wrightbus on finding a fix for the problem, though. It's in the best interests of the bus operator to market the provision of power sockets on their services, so I'm pretty sure neither Go North East nor Arriva will be dragging their heels with working on a fix.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 17 Feb 2016

(17 Feb 2016, 12:27 pm)Dan Most likely.

Arriva have the same issue with their Streetlites - it's a vehicle issue, as opposed to a Go North East issue. I suppose it's up to the operator to work with Wrightbus on finding a fix for the problem, though. It's in the best interests of the bus operator to market the provision of power sockets on their services, so I'm pretty sure neither Go North East nor Arriva will be dragging their heels with working on a fix.

They were all StreetLite's yes, I wouldn't lay a blame on any company in particular purely because I have had this issue with both companies.

Maybe says something about Wrightbus and their sometimes lackadaisical build quality.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Diamond One - 17 Feb 2016

Took a photo of a random stagecoach in Newcastle bus and this driver shouted abuse it was a Newcastle driver