North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 27 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 8:40 pm)Adrian Probably wrong door, as it's open until 21.20, according to the website?? It's right at the far end of the station, with platform 12 in front of it... just past the Sainsbury's local.
There was two offices which confused me, one for tickets today I think and advance tickets and I couldn't seem to get into the buy now or whatever ticket office. The other issue with ticket offices is I struggle to say the right things and panic, when I did Wakefield I asked for the correct ticket and put my bankcard in the chip and pin machine THEN realised that I hadn't mentioned/shown my Railcard.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 27 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 7:27 pm)Jimmi X12 has finally left Newcastle 12 MINUTES LATE, no reason given even though the bus arrived at Eldon Square at 18:45!!!

Customer services can expect a strongly worded email about this, especially if I miss the 7 in Durham.

You never know, they might even manage not to lose it.

My re-submission via direct email has been ignored, after 10 working days. Damned rude.

(27 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm)Jimmi Ah the joys of being an idiot who panicked at Central Station and has to get the bus home instead

I am disappointed with myself over what happened at Central Station, it's so annoying that something that seems so easy for most turns out to be something that I can't seem to get my head round and every train journey I have ever done in the last 12 months I've been stressed that I don't know what I'm doing and I'm convinced I've done it wrong, even if I have done it right.

Advice?

Write down everything that you need to do and remember, before you set off. That's something I have to do before making phone calls or else I do something silly like forget my own phone number and become completely flustered.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 27 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm)Jimmi Why the hell have we gone to Gateshead via the Tyne Bridge but the X25 could seemingly do its normal route?

Buses aren't using High Level Bridge this weekend apparently because they are meant to be redoing the road markings at the South End of the bridge. Though that was meant to finish last weekend according to GNE.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/closure-of-high-level-bridge-and-wellington-street-in-gateshead-from-13-february

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 27 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 12:27 pm)BusLoverMum Usually is. Long gone are the days when I could have him onto my shoulder.

We were saved by a solar on the 50. He agreed to move for that.

Was this around 1330? Because I seen 5201 pull in the 50 while I was boarding a Volvo President on the 15A.
I would've been right next to yous and I didn't even notice!

(27 Feb 2016, 10:43 pm)South Tyne Lad Was this around 1330? Because I seen 5201 pull in the 50 while I was boarding a Volvo President on the 15A.
I would've been right next to yous and I didn't even notice!

Nah - I'd have bloody walked home if we'd stayed in Durham from 10am to 13:30! We caught the run before, so left on the 10:25. He'd been wanting to try out the full 50 route and it was an odd working, so it lifted him right out of his funk (triggered by a booooooooorrrrrunnnnng 15 minutes in Specsavers, trying to select some new glasses for his little bother)

Incidentally, while I'm in the grumbly thread, I finally caved and "upgraded" by laptop to Windows 10, last night. It's fugly.

(27 Feb 2016, 10:54 pm)BusLoverMum Nah - I'd have bloody walked home if we'd stayed in Durham from 10am to 13:30! We caught the run before, so left on the 10:25. He'd been wanting to try out the full 50 route and it was an odd working, so it lifted him right out of his funk (triggered by a booooooooorrrrrunnnnng 15 minutes in Specsavers, trying to select some new glasses for his little bother)

Incidentally, while I'm in the grumbly thread, I finally caved and "upgraded" by laptop to Windows 10, last night. It's fugly.

Ah right haha, The 50s a canny good route for me though its quite boring and usual after Bolden Asda towards Sheilds because its very close to where I live, Did you make it Shields?
Though back when I was 3 ( Some 10 years ago now! ) my mam would take me to Durham on the 50 and it was mostly Lolynes back then mixed with a few Prestige's.

(27 Feb 2016, 11:00 pm)South Tyne Lad Ah right haha, The 50s a canny good route for me though its quite boring and usual after Bolden Asda towards Sheilds because its very close to where I live, Did you make it Shields?
Though back when I was 3 ( Some 10 years ago now! )  my mam would take me to Durham on the 50 and it was mostly Lolynes back then mixed with a few Prestige's.

We went all the way, yep. Easy for me because I had a good signal, the whole route. Not been past the Galleries on it, before. Did some sight seeing of old haunts through Washington (long before you, or big'un, who was 2, 10 years ago, were thought of. Around the time Jimmi was a baby, if anything!). Mostly boarded up or demolished!

We got to Shields, legged it to Debenhams for the loo, then caught the Metro into Newcastle because I was hungry and not in the mood to hang around!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 27 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm)BusLoverMum We went all the way, yep. Easy for me because I had a good signal, the whole route. Not been past the Galleries on it, before. Did some sight seeing of old haunts through Washington (long before you, or big'un, who was 2, 10 years ago, were thought of. Around the time Jimmi was a baby, if anything!). Mostly boarded up or demolished!

We got to Shields, legged it to Debenhams for the loo, then caught the Metro into Newcastle because I was hungry and not in the mood to hang around!
Think I need to do the 50 again to South Shields, only been on it as far as Concord Bus Station recently. Would love a double decker to appear on this route, but the appearances of double deckers seems to have decreased on this route. Only done South Shields on the 50 twice I think (once in each direction).

(27 Feb 2016, 11:13 pm)Jimmi Think I need to do the 50 again to South Shields, only been on it as far as Concord Bus Station recently. Would love a double decker to appear on this route, but the appearances of double deckers seems to have decreased on this route. Only done South Shields on the 50 twice I think (once in each direction).

Very rarely see a Decker now as a Solar covers a Omnicity instead. Though the chances of seeing a Solar on has increased since 5201 etc came to Chester.

(27 Feb 2016, 11:24 pm)South Tyne Lad Very rarely see a Decker now as a Solar covers a Omnicity instead. Though the chances of seeing a Solar on has increased since 5201 etc came to Chester.

That might change, if/when the depot changes. I've seen non-whey aye five-O vehicles a lot more frequently in the past month or so. (Not as extreme as the lambton worm subs, though - that is quite odd and no one is spilling the beans!)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 28 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 11:51 pm)BusLoverMum That might change, if/when the depot changes. I've seen non-whey aye five-O vehicles a lot more frequently in the past month or so. (Not as extreme as the lambton worm subs, though - that is quite odd and no one is spilling the beans!)

Oh well when Washington take it they may allocate good old 6042

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 28 Feb 2016

(27 Feb 2016, 11:00 pm)South Tyne Lad Ah right haha, The 50s a canny good route for me though its quite boring and usual after Bolden Asda towards Sheilds because its very close to where I live, Did you make it Shields?

Though back when I was 3 ( Some 10 years ago now! ) my mam would take me to Durham on the 50 and it was mostly Lolynes back then mixed with a few Prestige's.

I did the 50A when I was little as that ran during the day, it was 3803 I think. I'll have to check on Flickr later, need to do it on a Bank Holiday so I can have a decker.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Feb 2016

(28 Feb 2016, 6:59 am)DanPicken I did the 50A when I was little as that ran during the day, it was 3803 I think. I'll have to check on Flickr later, need to do it on a Bank Holiday so I can have a decker.

Providing Washington will allocate double deckers on bank holidays. Although there is the possibility of Easter Weekend, as Chester-le-Street will still be operating it then.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 28 Feb 2016

(28 Feb 2016, 9:49 am)Jimmi Providing Washington will allocate double deckers on bank holidays. Although there is the possibility of Easter Weekend, as Chester-le-Street will still be operating it then.

It would be stupid not to really.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 28 Feb 2016

Arriva M-Ticket.

Utter pants.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 29 Feb 2016

Getting sick of these rumours and comments going around about me at the moment. I'm losing friends now, not like I started with any in the first place.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Mar 2016

Is Newton Aycliffe in its own timezone?

Meticulously planned today's trip, given that where I was going was a hefty walk from the town centre and made sure I'd written down times and connections for the 8 and 21.

Was finished in time for the 21 but didn't fancy the crap connection at Peterlee, so walked back to the town centre.

The 8 passed half an hour away from the time I'd written down, making me doubt myself.

Then the 21 didn't pass  until I'd already got to the 7 bus stop, via a browse around tesceurgh.

Really began to doubt myself.

Turns out both buses were over half an hour late.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Mar 2016

And the 7s are running in pairs!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 01 Mar 2016

(01 Mar 2016, 12:46 pm)BusLoverMum Is Newton Aycliffe in its own timezone?

Meticulously planned today's trip, given that where I was going was a hefty walk from the town centre and made sure I'd written down times and connections for the 8 and 21.

Was finished in time for the 21 but didn't fancy the crap connection at Peterlee, so walked back to the town centre.

The 8 passed half an hour away from the time I'd written down, making me doubt myself.

Then the 21 didn't pass  until I'd already got to the 7 bus stop, via a browse around tesceurgh.

Really began to doubt myself.

Turns out both buses were over half an hour late.
The late running buses are the result of the wonderful people at Darlington Borough Council digging up the A167 in Darlington... Again!!!