North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 03 Mar 2016

(03 Mar 2016, 8:25 pm)Jimmi Managed to drop the lense cover off my camera when I was in Ferryhill this afternoon, to make matters worse it rolled underneath a parked car so I had to lie down in the middle of the wet, dirty road in the market place and stretch my arm out to retrieve it.

Also the passenger in front of me on the 7 was pronouncing 'Ferryhill' as 'Fairyhill'

Musnt been from your area

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Mar 2016

Our GP surgery.

How is it possible to make ordering a repeat prescription into such an ordeal every single month? Without fail, something goes wrong. I've been waiting for a week for this one and have run out of something completely, now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 04 Mar 2016

My next lesson is in 3 hours!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Mar 2016

(04 Mar 2016, 10:49 am)Davie My next lesson is in 3 hours!

Hate long gaps between lessons, luckily none of mine has the last 3 years.

My friends, sister who lives down Glossop... has it snow... i just want some!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Mar 2016

(04 Mar 2016, 11:18 am)Michael Hate long gaps between lessons, luckily none of mine has the last 3 years.

My friends, sister who lives down Glossop... has it snow... i just want some!

Nowt worse, we had two hours gap on a Wednesday at one point when I was at college, ended up doing some bus hopping half the time like Framwellgate Moor to Spennymoor and back. Wouldn't have been so bad if HMV Durham hadn't closed down, could easily kill two hours then!

Better not snow, I'm supposed to be heading off to Blackpool again tomorrow!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 04 Mar 2016

(04 Mar 2016, 9:40 am)BusLoverMum Our GP surgery.

How is it possible to make ordering a repeat prescription into such an ordeal every single month? Without fail, something goes wrong. I've been waiting for a week for this one and have run out of something completely, now.

Aye. The NHS have also managed to annoy me this morning.

Waited for an arranged telephone appointment to help sort something out on behalf of someone and received no telephone call. Rang back to see what the problem was only to be told that someone had attempted to contact me three times and left a voicemail. As of yet, I've received no notifications informing me of either missed calls or voicemails. As I was able to contact them using the number they had on file for me (as well as the fact I've received a telephone call since then in addition to various emails), I think it's unlikely to be a network issue so I'm completely in the dark as to what has happened. The only thing I can think of is that an incorrect number has been dialled at their end.

The whole experience, including the way I was spoken to over the phone, has left me thinking that this was somehow my fault. Luckily, the issue is nothing immediately serious or life-threatening. But it still annoys me that it's now been put off for another week and I have to make the time to be available for this call.

(04 Mar 2016, 11:28 am)MurdnunoC Aye. The NHS have also managed to annoy me this morning.

Waited for an arranged telephone appointment to help sort something out on behalf of someone and received no telephone call. Rang back to see what the problem was only to be told that someone had attempted to contact me three times and left a voicemail. As of yet, I've received no notifications informing me of either missed calls or voicemails. As I was able to contact them using the number they had on file for me (as well as the fact I've received a telephone call since then in addition to various emails), I think it's unlikely to be a network issue so I'm completely in the dark as to what has happened. The only thing I can think of is that an incorrect number has been dialled at their end.

The whole experience, including the way I was spoken to over the phone, has left me thinking that this was somehow my fault. Luckily, the issue is nothing immediately serious or life-threatening. But it still annoys me that it's now been put off for another week and I have to make the time to be available for this call.
I'm thankful that the receptionists are actually human and not part dragon, like many I've met. And it's not like I can move surgery, as many people would probably sugest, as thre's no other one for me to move to. This is it for us and the surrounding villages - same GP group, 3 practices. Only 2 permanent GPs in what's supposed to be a group of 4 or 5, at the moment.

Caitlin Moran is ruining The Last Leg for me.

She's the only feminist brought up in a working class family in the village Dodgy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 04 Mar 2016

(03 Mar 2016, 4:49 pm)Adrian Best thing you can do is tell them to rap it in. I'll happily embarrass anyone making a racket in the quiet coach.

When I was coming back from Norwich the other day (on a Norwich - Liverpool Street express) a guy came into the quiet coach almost shouting on the phone. Someone else tapped him on the shoulder and pointed out he was in the quiet carriage; the phone guy then sat down and almost whispered until the samaritan sat down further up. Chatty guy then piped up - I gave him the daggers and shook my head and he eventually got the message - never made eye contact again throughout the journey!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 05 Mar 2016

(04 Mar 2016, 10:53 pm)northern156 When I was coming back from Norwich the other day (on a Norwich - Liverpool Street express) a guy came into the quiet coach almost shouting on the phone. Someone else tapped him on the shoulder and pointed out he was in the quiet carriage; the phone guy then sat down and almost whispered until the samaritan sat down further up. Chatty guy then piped up - I gave him the daggers and shook my head and he eventually got the message - never made eye contact again throughout the journey!

I tend to always use the quiet coach on a morning, as I can't stand sitting in a carriage full of Alan Sugar's apprentices yapping away on their phone and tapping away on their laptop. If there's two things it annoys me, it's business bullshit down a phone, and someone turning a table area into a mobile office.

If someone is on the phone in the quiet coach, I'll usually give them 60 seconds and then get up and say something. I've only ever had to tell someone twice, and the second time was in a more abrupt tone, so he ended up moving to the next coach.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Mar 2016

Was wanting to take a photo of a bus in Blackpool, a taxi was going past and I was pointing the camera at the bus in preparation and the taxi driver hurled abuse at me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 05 Mar 2016

(05 Mar 2016, 7:05 pm)Jimmi Was wanting to take a photo of a bus in Blackpool, a taxi was going past and I was pointing the camera at the bus in preparation and the taxi driver hurled abuse at me.

Unlucky, Blackpools quite crowded on Weekends and most of the Roads are tiny.
I was in a tottaly different world today, Stood on Cockfield Moor for a Hour and a Half photographing buses, Only 8 cars passed me while I was there!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Mar 2016

(05 Mar 2016, 7:31 pm)South Tyne Lad Unlucky, Blackpools quite crowded on Weekends and most of the Roads are tiny.
I was in a tottaly different world today, Stood on Cockfield Moor for a Hour and a Half photographing buses, Only 8 cars passed me while I was there!

Aye, it was a bit tricky especially in the dark but I got some good shots today including night shots, also managed to get Volvo B7RLE/Plaxton Centro 527 back in service following Palladium refurbishment. Photos will be online tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing your photos.

(05 Mar 2016, 7:35 pm)Jimmi Aye, it was a bit tricky especially in the dark but I got some good shots today including night shots, also managed to get Volvo B7RLE/Plaxton Centro 527 back in service following Palladium refurbishment. Photos will be online tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing your photos.

I might go down in the summer to Photograph the E400H Citys but I will more likely get them outside the City Centre.

Got a lot of good shots today, But some of the the Cockfield Moor ones came out dull or the Destination Display didn't show.
Going to start uploading them now.

(05 Mar 2016, 7:40 pm)South Tyne Lad I might go down in the summer to Photograph the E400H Citys but I will more likely get them outside the City Centre.

Got a lot of good shots today, But some of the the Cockfield Moor ones came out dull or the Destination Display didn't show.
Going to start uploading them now.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get some photos around various different areas round the Flyde Coast when possible in the summer when I'm back down there (providing they are in service in July when I go). Today's shots aren't really scenic but there is a fair few night shots. Snapped two Volvo Olympian's on the Stagecoach 42 and also the Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire supported evening 42. Also managed to catch up with ex Go North East Optare Excel T880RBR (219) for a ride between North Pier and Pleasure Beach and then back again after I had chippy for tea, got a good shot when I jumped off. It's been a good day today although I'm worn out now.

I've not done much in the way of scenic shots recently although I do sometimes make an effort.

(05 Mar 2016, 10:38 pm)Jimmi Yeah, I'm hoping to get some photos around various different areas round the Flyde Coast when possible in the summer when I'm back down there (providing they are in service in July when I go). Today's shots aren't really scenic but there is a fair few night shots. Snapped two Volvo Olympian's on the Stagecoach 42 and also the Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire supported evening 42. Also managed to catch up with ex Go North East Optare Excel T880RBR (219) for a ride between North Pier and Pleasure Beach and then back again after I had chippy for tea, got a good shot when I jumped off. It's been a good day today although I'm worn out now.

I've not done much in the way of scenic shots recently although I do sometimes make an effort.

Same thing happened with me on my Day Trip to London last month. 6:00 start and didn't return until 11:45 at Night and that was with a 4:00 Am wakeup.
Was a good trip but I couldn't wake up the next day!
I prefer Scenic shots compared to the Bus Station Close Ups to the extent that I travelled all the way to Cockfield Moor today just to photograph 3 Solos and 3 Pulsars in a hour and a half  Big Grin
Though if anyone was keeping a close eye today I was with Bazza, Davie and Dan P in Bishop Auckland Bus Station for 2 hours then left them to do my stint in Cockfield.

Off to Edinburgh Next week so will only manage to get photos in busy places because literally everywhere there on a weekend is heaving.

(05 Mar 2016, 10:50 pm)South Tyne Lad Same thing happened with me on my Day Trip to London last month. 6:00 start and didn't return until 11:45 at Night and that was with a 4:00 Am wakeup.
Was a good trip but I couldn't wake up the next day!
I prefer Scenic shots compared to the Bus Station Close Ups to the extent that I travelled all the way to Cockfield Moor today just to photograph 3 Solos and 3 Pulsars in a hour and a half  Big Grin
Though if anyone was keeping a close eye today I was with Bazza, Davie and Dan P in Bishop Auckland Bus Station for 2 hours then left them to do my stint in Cockfield.

Off to Edinburgh Next week so will only manage to get photos in busy places because literally everywhere there on a weekend is heaving.

Although in Edinburgh even if you are just in the city centre, you can still get some fairly nice backgrounds.

For next Saturday I am maybe toying with the idea of Harrogate, Wetherby, Leeds and Knaresborough (plus a short stay at York Rail Station in the morning). Plans may change yet depending on some things including whether I feel totally confident using the train although I should hopefully be fine this time.

I like to do scenic shots but I haven't been doing that we'll with scenic shots recently, may try more in the summer when lighting will be better.

(05 Mar 2016, 10:57 pm)Jimmi Although in Edinburgh even if you are just in the city centre, you can still get some fairly nice backgrounds.

For next Saturday I am maybe toying with the idea of Harrogate, Wetherby, Leeds and Knaresborough (plus a short stay at York Rail Station in the morning). Plans may change yet depending on some things including whether I feel totally confident using the train although I should hopefully be fine this time.

I like to do scenic shots but I haven't been doing that we'll with scenic shots recently, may try more in the summer when lighting will be better.

Might head to the Ocean Terminal and Airport too for a bit while I'm there.

Harrogate is good for Variety and could fit in with stops in York and Knaresbourgh if you use the train. But going to Wetherby and Leeds is quite a bit of a detour, Id suggest stop in 1 of them and do the other one another time unless you have the time to do both.

(05 Mar 2016, 11:07 pm)South Tyne Lad Might head to the Ocean Terminal and Airport too for a bit while I'm there.

Harrogate is good for Variety and could fit in with stops in York and Knaresbourgh if you use the train. But going to Wetherby and Leeds is quite a bit of a detour, Id suggest stop in 1 of them and do the other one another time unless you have the time to do both.

I may drop Leeds and save it for another day so I can spend some time in York instead or do Leeds and Knaresborough only. See how I feel closer to the time and how things work out.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 05 Mar 2016

(05 Mar 2016, 11:07 pm)South Tyne Lad Might head to the Ocean Terminal and Airport too for a bit while I'm there.

You can't go to Edinburgh Airport without paying really high fares, which I think only cover you for an open return. You're better off getting off the tram at Ingliston Park and Ride and walking, doesn't look far on a map!

Adult Day £4, Child Day £2. Everywhere on the route map (LCB part route, buses and trams) is achivable on the ticket except the Airport.

The Gyle Centre has a frequent tram and bus (22) link into the city centre, too.  Smile

Edinburgh has to be one of a few places with a rather straightforward transport network.