North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 06 Mar 2016

(05 Mar 2016, 10:57 pm)Jimmi Although in Edinburgh even if you are just in the city centre, you can still get some fairly nice backgrounds.

For next Saturday I am maybe toying with the idea of Harrogate, Wetherby, Leeds and Knaresborough (plus a short stay at York Rail Station in the morning). Plans may change yet depending on some things including whether I feel totally confident using the train although I should hopefully be fine this time.

I like to do scenic shots but I haven't been doing that we'll with scenic shots recently, may try more in the summer when lighting will be better.

I'll be doing this in the Easter break at the end of the month. I'm going to do it with a North East Round Robin ticket for £47.50, so I can get a 91 down to York and then take my pick going across to Leeds. I'll get a West Yorkshire Metro day ticket once over Leeds. I intend to do the Transdev 36 primarily, but I'll also head across to Wakefield and Bradford for various bits and pieces, before heading back to Leeds and York.

(05 Mar 2016, 11:07 pm)South Tyne Lad Might head to the Ocean Terminal and Airport too for a bit while I'm there.

Harrogate is good for Variety and could fit in with stops in York and Knaresbourgh if you use the train. But going to Wetherby and Leeds is quite a bit of a detour, Id suggest stop in 1 of them and do the other one another time unless you have the time to do both.

Ocean Terminal is good and it's really quiet for photos too. As Tommy has suggested, the Gyle Centre is also worth a look. There's plenty of places just outside of Princes Street for photos. It's just a case of getting a day ticket and see what takes your fancy! 

I think next time I do Edinburgh, I'll be doing an Airlink Day Ticket for £9. Bus there and tram back I think, as it's the only section of the tram line that I haven't used.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 06 Mar 2016

(05 Mar 2016, 7:40 pm)South Tyne Lad I might go down in the summer to Photograph the E400H Citys but I will more likely get them outside the City Centre.

Got a lot of good shots today, But some of the the Cockfield Moor ones came out dull or the Destination Display didn't show.
Going to start uploading them now.

Sorry that I'm being a bit pedantic here, but Blackpool isn't a city.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 06 Mar 2016

(06 Mar 2016, 12:46 pm)GMitchelhill Sorry that I'm being a bit pedantic here, but Blackpool isn't a city.

Ah right I thought it was a city.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 06 Mar 2016

The free samples at Costco.

They just weren't up there today like.

6/10.

(06 Mar 2016, 12:23 pm)Adrian Ocean Terminal is good and it's really quiet for photos too. As Tommy has suggested, the Gyle Centre is also worth a look. There's plenty of places just outside of Princes Street for photos. It's just a case of getting a day ticket and see what takes your fancy! 

I think next time I do Edinburgh, I'll be doing an Airlink Day Ticket for £9. Bus there and tram back I think, as it's the only section of the tram line that I haven't used.

I like Ocean Terminal because like you say it's quiet. Might try the Gyle Centre too. The airport can be quiet sometimes but the Airlink Volvos are lovely
Will try princes street but the traffic and people will a challenge
But today it's off to good old rowlands Gill Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 06 Mar 2016

(06 Mar 2016, 3:12 pm)South Tyne Lad I like Ocean Terminal because like you say it's quiet. Might try the Gyle Centre too. The airport can be quiet sometimes but the Airlink Volvos are lovely
I've never used one. Had a good look at one during the Lothian Open Day last year, but would obviously love to see how one handles on the route too.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 06 Mar 2016

(06 Mar 2016, 3:12 pm)South Tyne Lad I like Ocean Terminal because like you say it's quiet. Might try the Gyle Centre too. The airport can be quiet sometimes but the Airlink Volvos are lovely
Will try princes street but the traffic and people will a challenge
But today it's off to good old rowlands Gill Big Grin

Nowt much in Rowlands Gill in terms of transport on a Sunday. 

Nice scenery though.

(06 Mar 2016, 3:23 pm)MurdnunoC Nowt much in Rowlands Gill in terms of transport on a Sunday. 

Nice scenery though.

4 buses a hour on Sunday's
But I'm going to get photos of buses in the scenery so that's why I'm going

(06 Mar 2016, 3:14 pm)Adrian I've never used one. Had a good look at one during the Lothian Open Day last year, but would obviously love to see how one handles on the route too.

Very high standard spec buses with tables are the interior, The route isn't really demanding but is more of a inner city express route reaching about 35mph at the most. There Volvo B5TLs and handle the route pretty good, much better than the demonstrator that GNE had

(06 Mar 2016, 3:50 pm)South Tyne Lad 4 buses a hour on Sunday's
But I'm going to get photos of buses in the scenery so that's why I'm going

Six if you include R3/4/6. You never know, GCT may throw in a surprise allocation. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 06 Mar 2016

My PS4 controller won't charge!

(06 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm)Davie My PS4 controller won't charge!

That's good. You can play games for free if it won't charge.

(06 Mar 2016, 5:30 pm)MurdnunoC Six if you include R3/4/6. You never know, GCT may throw in a surprise allocation. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

Did photograph a R4 while I was there but it was just a Bluebird like normal, At least it was the Brand New one which I needed.
Got a few good photographs today from Rowlands Gill but I'm still learning, Photos will be on Flickr tonight.

(06 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm)Davie My PS4 controller won't charge!

You seem to have bad luck when it comes to things working Tongue

(06 Mar 2016, 7:02 pm)South Tyne Lad

You seem to have bad luck when it comes to things working

That's putting it bluntly.

Everything's gone wrong for me as usual!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 06 Mar 2016

Bus was 2 seconds late...life has gone wrong as usual...!  Rolleyes

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 08 Mar 2016

Just annoyed at the fact that some enthusiasts think that Volvo B5TLs / B5LHs with Wright Gemini 3s are Wright Streetdecks because it has the new front. Only time it's a Wright Streetdeck is when it's the intergral from Wright, eg the Three Castles Expresses and 9119.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 3:01 pm)GMitchelhill Just annoyed at the fact that some enthusiasts think that Volvo B5TLs / B5LHs with Wright Gemini 3s are Wright Streetdecks because it has the new front. Only time it's a Wright Streetdeck is when it's the intergral from Wright, eg the Three Castles Expresses and 9119.
I'm bound to make this mistake, already have with Transdev's Volvo B5TL's on the 36. I seem to struggle with bus types for some reason...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm)Jimmi I'm bound to make this mistake, already have with Transdev's Volvo B5TL's on the 36. I seem to struggle with bus types for some reason...

It's an easy mistake to make. I only noticed when going through Marcus' photos, the other week, that Lowlanders and Lolynes are exactly the same body on a different (I presume) chassis. If you were to put a plain un-logoed Wright Solar, Eclipse and Pulsar in front of me, I doubt that I could tell you which it was.

I suppose that's what distinguishes me, as a muggle with a passing interest, from an enthusiast, though. I'm not the one in the family who spends hours typing out lists of all the Solos I can find on the Internet Rolleyes

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 08 Mar 2016

I understand if it's someone who isn't in with the in and outs of bus types. It's just that there are some enthusiasts who have been told time and time again. There was a debate weeks ago where someone thought 9119 was a Gemini 3 and not a Streetdeck because it didn't have the new front. Now I've been made aware of a post by someone else who reckons a Wright bodied Volvo B5LH is a Streetdeck because it has the latest front end design.

Trust me, the buses are actually the easier part for vehicle identification. When it comes to coaches, it's a more difficult ball game.