North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 08 Mar 2016

On that note, for the members of the 'Simply Go North East' Facebook group...

It's a StreetDeck, not a Streetdeckka

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 5:03 pm)GMitchelhill I understand if it's someone who isn't in with the in and outs of bus types. It's just that there are some enthusiasts who have been told time and time again. There was a debate weeks ago where someone thought 9119 was a Gemini 3 and not a Streetdeck because it didn't have the new front. Now I've been made aware of a post by someone else who reckons a Wright bodied Volvo B5LH is a Streetdeck because it has the latest front end design.

Trust me, the buses are actually the easier part for vehicle identification. When it comes to coaches, it's a more difficult ball game.

I can understand it to be honest. If you stuck one of each in front of me, I'd have to look them up to know the difference. I'd be happy for someone to correct me though.

(08 Mar 2016, 7:02 pm)LeeCalder On that note, for the members of the 'Simply Go North East' Facebook group...

It's a StreetDeck, not a Streetdeckka

Fancy incorrect information being posted on Facebook, ey? Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Mar 2016

Bored of photos in Chester-le-Street now! Dodgy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 9:32 pm)Jimmi Bored of photos in Chester-le-Street now! Dodgy
I bet they aren't as boring as the ones taken at Cling on corner.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 9:42 pm)Davie I bet they aren't as boring as the ones taken at Cling on corner.

I like that Davie.... Smile

(08 Mar 2016, 9:43 pm)citaro5284 I like that Davie.... Smile
I bet I just beat you to posting it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 9:45 pm)Davie I bet I just beat you to posting it.

I still don't even know where Cling on Corner is?!

(08 Mar 2016, 9:46 pm)South Tyne Lad I still don't even know where Cling on Corner is?!
The little island next to Haymarket bus station.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)Davie The little island next to Haymarket bus station.

Ah right, Never took a photo there because its way too busy.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 08 Mar 2016

(08 Mar 2016, 9:52 pm)South Tyne Lad Ah right, Never took a photo there because its way too busy.

You have to be a member of 'The Brigade' before you are allowed to take a picture there  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 09 Mar 2016

The fact that my waterproof trousers most definitely aren't any more.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 Mar 2016

(09 Mar 2016, 9:21 am)BusLoverMum The fact that my waterproof trousers most definitely aren't any more.
Did you find that out the hard way?

I found that my waterproof bag wasn't exactly that a few years ago. At the expense of a lot of soggy paperwork!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 09 Mar 2016

(09 Mar 2016, 11:22 am)Adrian Did you find that out the hard way?

I found that my waterproof bag wasn't exactly that a few years ago. At the expense of a lot of soggy paperwork!

Yep. Slightly damp legs.

Dryer than littl'un, mind. His waterproof trousers are quite new and work well, but I offered him various options for his top half, coats, waterproof cape, which he took great pleasure in angrily demonstrating to me where I could stick them (back in the basket, it turned out!)

Falling foul of my own social anxiety, today. I mostly conquered it, in my teens, but it still gets the better of me when it comes to making phone calls. I've been needing to contact an organisation for a couple of weeks now and finding excuses not to pick up the phone. I've tried an email approach, but it's not been responded to. Of course, I've dialed the number and found it to be engaged, so I need to try again.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - James101 - 09 Mar 2016

Again, I may have missed something, is there any reasoning behind the animosity towards the folks that hang around 'that' corner? From the sounds of it they don't sound like the type of enthusiasts that I'd spend time with or even actively speak to. But it stops at that, is there any need for the direct insults? They also sound like easy targets. I love the idea of lively debate, including photography locations, but this seems a bit close to bullying - whether the subjects can read this or not.

After all, we're all bus w*nkers - anorak or no anorak.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 Mar 2016

(09 Mar 2016, 5:53 pm)James101 Again, I may have missed something, is there any reasoning behind the animosity towards the folks that hang around 'that' corner? From the sounds of it they don't sound like the type of enthusiasts that I'd spend time with or even actively speak to. But it stops at that, is there any need for the direct insults? They also sound like easy targets. I love the idea of lively debate, including photography locations, but this seems a bit close to bullying - whether the subjects can read this or not.

After all, we're all bus w*nkers - anorak or no anorak.

I wouldn't say there's any animosity, but a lot of members on here don't understand the benefits or purpose of standing outside the exit of a bus station for hours on end. Which is fair enough really.

I do however feel that some of the comments on individuals became a bit personal, and I've therefore removed them. I agree that the idea of lively debate including photo locations is welcome, and I'm sure we can do that without resorting to bullying.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 10 Mar 2016

(09 Mar 2016, 7:37 pm)Adrian I wouldn't say there's any animosity, but a lot of members on here don't understand the benefits or purpose of standing outside the exit of a bus station for hours on end. Which is fair enough really.

I do however feel that some of the comments on individuals became a bit personal, and I've therefore removed them. I agree that the idea of lively debate including photo locations is welcome, and I'm sure we can do that without resorting to bullying.

Here Here

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 10 Mar 2016

Sad rather than annoyed...

Been to the funeral of a 35yo today, he was a distant relation and I was in his brothers year at school...

Absolutely devastating that some other family are going through what I have for the last 3 months

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 10 Mar 2016

(10 Mar 2016, 1:23 pm)MrFozz Sad rather than annoyed...

Been to the funeral of a 35yo today, he was a distant relation and I was in his brothers year at school...

Absolutely devastating that some other family are going through what I have for the last 3 months
I'm always here for you Fozz

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Mar 2016

Just had a dispute with an old biddy in Middlesbrough Bus Station which resulted in her hitting me and my bag with her walking stick.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 11 Mar 2016

(11 Mar 2016, 1:05 pm)Jimmi Just had a dispute with an old biddy in Middlesbrough Bus Station which resulted in her hitting me and my bag with her walking stick.
Can I just say...

[Image: d6bb44dcbb892c250a8b25ce0d1048f3.jpg]