North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 17 Mar 2016

(17 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm)Jimmi Well I think we all know what happened earlier, if you don't... The original intention today was to head to Hexham (plus possibly Haltwhistle) to catch the two loaned Solo's at Go North East's Hexham depot, unfortunately my 15 from Durham turned up 15 minutes late meaning my connection with the 689 in Consett could not be met meaning pretty much the whole plan for the rest of the day was in tatters. Fortunately the Optare MetroCity demonstrator appeared in Durham on the 20 so I got it up to Sunderland but wasn't totally impressed with my photo so I thought I could do better, so I picked a good spot with the sun in a perfect place in the Houghton-le-Spring area only for the service to be regulated making my efforts of standing for half an hour, pointless! Tried to get a better shot in Durham but the front was completely shadowed.

In addition to the above, I had some plank nearly hit me heading downhill on a bike whilst I was stood waiting for the 15 at Millburngate.

Nearly missed the first bus of the day as I was already pushing it for time then I had to shift some barriers as someone had moved them so it was blocking the footpath (this was not how the barrier was meant to be).

Also when I get angry I often lose sense of concentration which is a nightmare, today I somehow managed to nearly get myself ran down by a Fab Fifty Six (would have been totally my fault).

So all of this just set off my short fuses and left me totally angry and stressed.

Also, social anxiety has been causing some problems in the last few days, I need to do something but I can't bring myself to do it. This has been leaving feeling stressed and annoyed with myself.

So now I don't know whether to go to York like I was planning on doing or head to Hexham on Saturday.

Big'un gets extremely disorientated when he's stressed out and/or pre-occupied. You'll often see me holding his hand, even though he's as big as me because he's "road? what road?" or ready to walk away where he can't see me and will then panic.

he went through a really bad patch, a couple of years ago, while e were waiting for news of whether he'd get a place at his current school. I had him out of school for a few days, as his mental health was so poor and most of his class were on a residential, so it was a good time to give him a break. Being at home, he stopped with the tics and stims and self harm, but then we went for a walk and there was icy rain blowing in his face. Blinkers straight on, again - he ploughed through ever pile of mud and poo without even appearing to notice it.

So it's utterly crap, but you're far from alone.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 18 Mar 2016

The just after 9am 22 was cancelled (app said it was 38 minutes late, ie it was the next bus, as only one passed at that time)

Have had to re-schedule today's appointment because the next bus wouldn't get me there on time. Not nice weather to be standing at bus stops longer than I have to - cheeks and hands are burning from the cold.

The real annoyance is that I'd activated a £7 day ticket on my phone. Shall have a cuppa and tidy up a bit then use it to take some crap to the charity shop and pick up some shopping. That's twice now I've activated a ticket then been let down by a stupidly late or cancelled bus.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 18 Mar 2016

Well, the bus I want to take now is currently 9 minutes late. Crossing my fingers, now.

No inkling of what's causing the delays, though I think this one was late leaving Durham

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 18 Mar 2016

Park at the Northumbria Hospital in Cramlington is an absolute joke. It took me 10 minutes to get parked. Why didn't they build a multi story car park from the beginning.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 19 Mar 2016

Bollocks, I've lost the charger for my camera.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 8:47 am)LeeCalder Bollocks, I've lost the charger for my camera.

You could always consider taking photos with an iPad instead?  Angel

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 8:48 am)Dan You could always consider taking photos with an iPad instead?  Angel
Sure there is some nice filters he can use!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 8:48 am)Dan You could always consider taking photos with an iPad instead?  Angel

Haha, and use the vintage filter in the process?

One last thing Dan, was this today?..

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2016

Spent the last 20 minutes trying to find something I will eat in York and I'm still nee where further forward! I've now ended up getting lost as well! Grrr!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 2:27 pm)Jimmi Spent the last 20 minutes trying to find something I will eat in York and I'm still nee where further forward! I've now ended up getting lost as well! Grrr!!!

I'm sure there's greggs there.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 2:29 pm)BusLoverMum I'm sure there's greggs there.
There is, somewhere...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 19 Mar 2016

I had 1412 on an 85 Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 19 Mar 2016

Washer's knackered again. Door won't open. Upon investigation, none of the tricks using wire will work, vas the door is recessed. Going to have to open it up.

That's the last time I leave husband in charge of it.  

Snd of course, it's all dramatics all round. Might go out again
 Alone.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 23 Mar 2016

No sign of the 18:45 7 from Durham Bus Station, not even on the Live Map. Looking like I'm going to be stuck in the hole that is Durham Bus Station for another 20 odd minutes.

EDIT: it's just late... AGAIN!!! Also how on earth my camera is still in one piece when ignorant people are shoving their way past me and smashing themselves into my bag... Again!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 23 Mar 2016

2 things
Missed 4001/40 and lost my football.
Yet the were a few positives

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 23 Mar 2016

(23 Mar 2016, 7:41 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com 2 things
Missed 4001/40 and lost my football.
Yet the were a few positives
Have you checked down the back of the sofa? Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 23 Mar 2016

(23 Mar 2016, 7:42 pm)BusLoverMum Have you checked down the back of the sofa? Big Grin

No as i lost it. At the football field

(23 Mar 2016, 7:56 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com No as i lost it. At the football field

You would be surprised by what we find down the back of our sofa. probably horrified, too Blush

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 23 Mar 2016

(23 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm)BusLoverMum You would be surprised by what we find down the back of our sofa. probably horrified, too Blush

Is that where big'un puts little'un  Smile

(23 Mar 2016, 10:34 pm)citaro5284 Is that where big'un puts little'un  Smile

Oh, he's tried Big Grin