North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 7:28 pm)GX03 SVC Protesting? Wink
Yes, we were protesting about them not letting us in at the scheduled time of 19:00.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 27 Mar 2016

Easter Sundays.

Even with an hour removed from the day I am still bored.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 27 Mar 2016

Google doesn't have an Easter Doodle.... why? Are they scared it would offend certain people?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:20 pm)Michael Google doesn't have an Easter Doodle.... why? Are they scared it would offend certain people?

They just want to be politically right bet USA have a doodle.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:21 pm)DanPicken They just want to be politically right bet USA have a doodle.

They don't. Its a disgrace like, they celebrate every other holiday so why not Easter?, who bloody cares if offends people.

Might as well ban all British traditions cause it'll end up like that soon.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:25 pm)Michael They don't. Its a disgrace like, they celebrate every other holiday so why not Easter?, who bloody cares if offends people.

Might as well ban all British traditions cause it'll end up like that soon.

Exactly which British traditions have been banned to date?

(27 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm)MurdnunoC Exactly which British traditions have been banned to date?

All Easter Eggs have had Easter removed, St George's day isn't a national holiday but Ireland, Scotland and Wales get ones for their respective Saints.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:27 pm)MurdnunoC Exactly which British traditions have been banned to date?

Not actual traditions but you can't say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Easter

Along with:

Some schools have banned traditional Christmas plays in case it offends certain religions,
We don't celebrate St Georges day,
Can't have an England flag up 

if we do, people always complain because it offends them...

(27 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm)Michael Not actual traditions but you can't say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Easter

Along with:

Some schools have banned traditional Christmas plays in case it offends certain religions,

I don't give two f*cks who I offend, it's our country and we can't respect it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 27 Mar 2016

I saw a post on Facebook saying most Easter eggs from major companies were halal. Muslims don't celebrate easter but they make easter eggs halal?

(27 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm)Tom I saw a post on Facebook saying most Easter eggs from major companies were halal. Muslims don't celebrate easter but they make easter eggs halal?

How can you have a halal Easter Egg? That's put me off my Easter Eggs....

(27 Mar 2016, 5:31 pm)DanPicken All Easter Eggs have had Easter removed, St George's day isn't a national holiday but Ireland, Scotland and Wales get ones for their respective Saints.

All Easter Eggs have had the world Easter removed you say?

If this was the case, why do the four major supermarkets (you know, places where the majority of the population buy food products from - in case you were not clear on what supermarkets are) still market Easter as Easter and sell chocolate-covered eggs as 'Easter Eggs'??

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/zones/default.aspx?name=easter - Just one example!!

If St George's Day was never a national holiday in the first instance then it is not something which has been removed. 
If you wish to celebrate St George (a man believed to be born in Syria), then that is up to you. Nobody is preventing you from celebrating.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC All Easter Eggs have had the world Easter removed you say?

If this was the case, why do the four major supermarkets (you know, places where the majority of the population buy food products from - in case you were not clear on what supermarkets are) still market Easter as Easter and sell chocolate-covered eggs as 'Easter Eggs'??

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/zones/default.aspx?name=easter - Just one example!!

If St George's Day was never a national holiday in the first instance then it is not something which has been removed. 
If you wish to celebrate St George (a man believed to be born in Syria), then that is up to you. Nobody is preventing you from celebrating.

BIB#1 I know some Cadbury's have removed.
BIB#2 scrap that not celebrating a Syrian.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm)Michael Not actual traditions but you can't say:

Merry Christmas
Happy Easter

Along with:

Why can't I say Merry Christmas...I must've missed the telegram, email or memo stating that it was banned.

I see many English and Union Jack flags on my travels.

Nobody is preventing you from celebrating St Georges day if you wish.

My ten year old nephew was in a Christmas play only last year. 

I would never wish anyone 'Happy Easter'. Come to think it, I'm pretty sure nobody has said 'Happy Easter' to me either in all my thirty-odd years living on this Earth. I guess my parents (or others) mustn't love me.  Sad

Lots of people offend me on a daily basis. I could complain but what's the point!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm)DanPicken BIB#1 I know some Cadbury's have removed.

RE: Cadbury's... seems they have a whole section of their website dedicated to Easter, so this is a load of rubbish. Sounds like it's been read in the Mail or the S*n. - http://easter.cadbury.co.uk/easter-products

Why wouldn't you celebrate a Syrian? Just the same as you or I, but born in a different country.

(27 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm)DanPicken BIB#1 I know some Cadbury's have removed.

BIB: You're now backpeddling and stating that some products from one manufacturer have had the word 'Easter' removed.

A far-cry from your original claim that all eggs have had the word Easter removed.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:36 pm)DanPicken How can you have a halal Easter Egg? That's put me off my Easter Eggs....

I'm guessing it's the additives but not sure.

The video is on Facebook but can't post a link from the app. Edit : https://www.facebook.com/BOYCOTTxHALAL/videos/1165111170186033/

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 27 Mar 2016

(27 Mar 2016, 5:46 pm)Adrian RE: Cadbury's... seems they have a whole section of their website dedicated to Easter, so this is a load of rubbish. Sounds like it's been read in the Mail or the S*n. - http://easter.cadbury.co.uk/easter-products

Why wouldn't you celebrate a Syrian? Just the same as you or I, but born in a different country.

Unfortunately all this Shite that's said in the World about Syrians is caused by a certain few, Brainwashed people that seem to use their religion as a way to murder people. ( Murdering is not permitted in the Koran anyways )
Syrians are wonderful people, I know a few because of my Arabian background.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 27 Mar 2016

Wow 6th Form levels of xenophobic/borderline racism....it's like a Daily Mail convention.

Thank the lord (and Allah and whichever imaginary sky creature you'd like to thank) for Murdo's common sense here

(27 Mar 2016, 5:44 pm)MurdnunoC Why can't I say Merry Christmas...I must've missed the telegram, email or memo stating that it was banned.

I see many English and Union Jack flags on my travels.

Nobody is preventing you from celebrating St Georges day if you wish.

My ten year old nephew was in a Christmas play only last year. 

I would never wish anyone 'Happy Easter'. Come to think it, I'm pretty sure nobody has said 'Happy Easter' to me either in all my thirty-odd years living on this Earth. I guess my parents (or others) mustn't love me.  Sad

Lots of people offend me on a daily basis. I could complain but what's the point!

I work in education was told not to say "Merry Christmas", its not just the place i work to, its many schools, it was in case it offends anyone.... 

Was it a traditional play for Christmas?, telling the story etc? - if so, glad the school is doing it... a lot of schools now, don't do that... which is wrong.

Its the 21st century but come on, its the UK, our traditions, we should be allowed to celebrate it without offending people.