North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:20 pm)MurdnunoC [pedant] As the North Pole is slightly off-centre to what we would assume is North, Bedlington is probably more Northernly than North Blyth, which probably lies more to the North East [/pedant]  Wink

Where does Bedlington Station lie though? 

West Sleekburn (or East Sleekburn?) is probably bang on North though. Again, nowt there.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm)GX03 SVC Where does Bedlington Station lie though? 

West Sleekburn (or East Sleekburn?) is probably bang on North though. Again, nowt there.

Next to some railway tracks - at a guess.  Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:20 pm)R852 PRG What bugs me about the way religion is taught in my place of education, is that it only covers the varying religions and their takes on things (Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, to name a few), rather than provide some information on the varying scientific theories. While some of them are touched upon in science lessons (predominantly Physics and Chemistry, not so much Biology), I think that they should be brought into the religious education curriculum.

I hated RE at senior school, it wasn't interesting at all, was the same stuff over and over however in primary school it was more interesting.

Have to say i really like the Buddhism religion although i don't really know much about it.. It just seems the best one.. To me.

For the curriculum... Lets not go on a talk about it, i could criticise it all day!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - DanPicken - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm)MurdnunoC I think Pastafarianism should be taught on todays school syllabus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
As do I, the first topic this year was creation and whether it was Religious or Scientific, we couldn't say its always been there.

(28 Mar 2016, 8:28 pm)Michael I hated RE at senior school, it wasn't interesting at all, was the same stuff over and over however in primary school it was more interesting.

Have to say i really like the Buddhism religion although i don't really know much about it.. It just seems the best one.. To me.

For the curriculum... Lets not go on a talk about it, i could criticise it all day!
I go to a Catholic school and we're forced to do GCSE RE.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:30 pm)DanPicken I go to a Catholic school and we're forced to do GCSE RE.

Undecided, it should be a choiceif you want to do RE.

One of the proposals a few years ago was to make everyone do RE as a GCSE, i don't know if thats gone ahead.

(28 Mar 2016, 8:42 pm)Michael Undecided, it should be a choiceif you want to do RE.

One of the proposals a few years ago was to make everyone do RE as a GCSE, i don't know if thats gone ahead.
I know all lessons should be optional imo.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 28 Mar 2016

I also went to a Catholic school (despite not being a Catholic) and was forced to do RE as a GCSE subject.

When I was there, the school only employed staff who were Catholics. However, that policy has seemingly changed as I know someone who teaches there.

I don't know how that change came about, but I imagine it would be discriminatory to not to empty someone on religious grounds.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 28 Mar 2016

Had a outing to Durham and what was meant ot be Chester Moor, But I misjudged nearby Plawsworth as Chester Moor and so had to trek around 2 Miles today to get my photo on Chester Moor.
But of course the last 50A of the day had to pass me half way between the two and so my photo ended up to be on a turn off for a country lane on the A167....
The photo didn't come out great but here it is... https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/26008201832/in/dateposted-public/

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 8:48 pm)MurdnunoC I also went to a Catholic school (despite not being a Catholic) and was forced to do RE as a GCSE subject.

When I was there, the school only employed staff who were Catholics. However, that policy has seemingly changed as I know someone who teaches there.

I don't know how that change came about, but I imagine it would be discriminatory to not to empty someone on religious grounds.

Catholic schools haven't been allowed to only recruit Catholics for at least a couple of decades. Some might put limits on what a non-Catholic can say if they're in a post where they'll, for example, be teaching sex ed, though. Some are more open to free discussion in that respect than others.

I have O-level RE, btw. The only senior school in my town was CofE and "Jesus" Jones, head of RE and local clergyman (and all round sound bloke, to be fair), insisted that, as top set, we were wasting our time unless we took the exam, since we had to do the lessons, anyhow.

(28 Mar 2016, 9:31 pm)South Tyne Lad Had a outing to Durham and what was meant ot be Chester Moor, But I misjudged nearby Plawsworth as Chester Moor and so had to trek around 2 Miles today to get my photo on Chester Moor.
But of course the last 50A of the day had to pass me half way between the two and so my photo ended up to be on a turn off for a country lane on the A167....
The photo didn't come out great but here it is... https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/26008201832/in/dateposted-public/

Shame about the ugliness that is the central reservation, but no one can complain that EVERYONE takes pictures there Big Grin

(28 Mar 2016, 9:54 pm)BusLoverMum Shame about the ugliness that is the central reservation, but no one can complain that EVERYONE takes pictures there Big Grin

I cropped a lot of the central reservation out too, Its massive! Haha yeah, No ones heard of Cling on Corner round there Big Grin

Atheist or not, bloody enjoying my half price M&S Easter eggs. Picked up "A Constellation of Assorted Eggs" for £6, this afternoon. The boys have enjoyed half price simnel cake slices and Easter cookies. They couldn't care less whether or not their sugar fix has religious connotations.

Slightly disappointed that they didn't have the £40 "Cosmic Egg" at half price. I think that was all dark chocolate, mind, so my guts would probably have complained.

Not annoying, btw, but topical as this thread currently stands!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 9:31 pm)South Tyne Lad Had a outing to Durham and what was meant ot be Chester Moor, But I misjudged nearby Plawsworth as Chester Moor and so had to trek around 2 Miles today to get my photo on Chester Moor.
At least your out there trying to get some decent photos in different places, I'd much rather see some non perfect shots somewhere different as I appreciate the effort in choosing a location rather than a perfect shot where the photographer has made had no real effort in terms of location. I know that not everyone has the time etc. to do different places but it would be nice if they could at least try.

Must admit your photos are giving me more motivation to go out and do more in different places although it helps we're getting closer to summer as well, I didn't do too badly on Saturday with our trip to Corbridge but I was certainly pleased with my shot of 669 in Haltwhistle: https://flic.kr/p/ELU3tP was also very pleased that I managed to photograph PCL Travel's LG02FFR in Wall Village: https://flic.kr/p/FDSAFq.

(28 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm)Jimmi At least your out there trying to get some decent photos in different places, I'd much rather see some non perfect shots somewhere different as I appreciate the effort in choosing a location rather than a perfect shot where the photographer has made had no real effort in terms of location. I know that not everyone has the time etc. to do different places but it would be nice if they could at least try.

Must admit your photos are giving me more motivation to go out and do more in different places although it helps we're getting closer to summer as well, I didn't do too badly on Saturday with our trip to Corbridge but I was certainly pleased with my shot of 669 in Haltwhistle: https://flic.kr/p/ELU3tP  was also very pleased that I managed to photograph PCL Travel's LG02FFR in Wall Village: https://flic.kr/p/FDSAFq.

I'm trying to sample places that arnt on Flickr yet, I might have a crack at the top of the bank overlooking Chopwell tomorrow if I have time after the NTL MPDs.

Nice photos you have there of 669 and PCLs Dart, I enjoyed Corbridge with you the other day and I might try it again in the Summer.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 10:40 pm)South Tyne Lad I'm trying to sample places that arnt on Flickr yet, I might have a crack at the top of the bank overlooking Chopwell tomorrow if I have time after the NTL MPDs.

Nice photos you have there of 669 and PCLs Dart, I enjoyed Corbridge with you the other day and I might try it again in the Summer.
Thinking of a few places to do around the North East, it's just a pity my knowledge of Tyne & Wear isn't the greatest, so it's probably going to mostly be in County Durham, Darlington and parts of Teesside.

At the same time I am aiming at other parts of the country, did York last Saturday and I'm considering more places at the moment, some trips may get tied in with enthusiast events, there's a enthusiasts trip in the Chesterfield area in May which will see a selection of Leyland Olympian's being used which I'd quite like to go to but I was originally supposed to be going to a wedding party that night, know where I'd rather be!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 29 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 10:49 pm)Jimmi Thinking of a few places to do around the North East, it's just a pity my knowledge of Tyne & Wear isn't the greatest, so it's probably going to mostly be in County Durham, Darlington and parts of Teesside.

At the same time I am aiming at other parts of the country, did York last Saturday and I'm considering more places at the moment, some trips may get tied in with enthusiast events, there's a enthusiasts trip in the Chesterfield area in May which will see a selection of Leyland Olympian's being used which I'd quite like to go to but I was originally supposed to be going to a wedding party that night, know where I'd rather be!

The places in Tyne and Wear that are scenic are mostly the outlying areas ( chopwell and surrounding area for example ) as you get closer to Newcastle it turns more urban, though in a sense some urburn places are good spots for photographs.
Chesterfield sounds good, I hope you didn't turn down the wedding party though Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 29 Mar 2016

Good shot there Jimmy. Chester Moor is a tricky location to get photos due to the road speed. Also Southbound has the issue of if the bus will pull into the layby or not. Got a photo there a few years ago of the ADL Enviro 400H demo that GNE had - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/6822020190/in/album-72157626035077996/

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Mar 2016

(29 Mar 2016, 12:01 am)South Tyne Lad The places in Tyne and Wear that are scenic are mostly the outlying areas ( chopwell and surrounding area for example ) as you get closer to Newcastle it turns more urban, though in a sense some urburn places are good spots for photographs.
Chesterfield sounds good, I hope you didn't turn down the wedding party though Wink

Haven't decided on that yet, truth be told I'd rather do the trip in Chesterfield rather than the wedding party especially considering that I don't really know the people getting married like at all and I love Leyland Olympian's!

Fancied doing something this week but the weather forecast isn't the best, I am toying with the idea of an enthusiast's trip from York/Hull where various Volvo Olympian's will be used and the main ferrying about will be done by Volvo B10M/Alexander PS K785DAO which I would love to sample and it would be a good opportunity to sample it as I'd be on it for around 90 between York and Hull (each way), so I'd be on it for a minimum of 3 hours! The only things are the trip is expected to be £20 but may be reduced if there is enough demand, also two local bands that I quite like are playing a gig at The Cluny on Saturday night although I've seen them a fair few times now and there will probably be more chances to see them. Not sure what to do yet.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Mar 2016

For some reason some posts that get made on some Facebook pages I like don't seem to show on my timeline which is really annoying, there is a band I like on Facebook and they made a post over an hour ago and it hasn't appeared and I have liked several bands who's posts never seem to show on my timeline.

Anyone know if there is anyway of sorting this issue out?