North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Mar 2016

Decided to go for a ride on the 46 hoping for a Lowlander, what did I get? Pulsar. What was just about every other bus on that circuit today? Lowlander's!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 30 Mar 2016

In the past week, Ive ridden 7 Solos and I'm starting to feel the aftereffect....

Also after my time in Wallsend Bus Station, I decided to get photos " En Route " of the Indigo Solos, And lighting and cars didn't really help.
I'm still going to upload the " En Route " photos to Flickr instead of the Bus Station photos to provide some Variety.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 31 Mar 2016

Somebody's been sick on GNE 6090, and they've put it out in service.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2016

Stood just outside Filey Bus Station to photograph the Shoreline Suncruisers 555 and my uncle and auntie pass me in their car. Gonna get grief for this if they find out it was me! Hid my face behind the camera is a bid to disguise myself.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 31 Mar 2016

(31 Mar 2016, 12:37 pm)Jimmi Stood just outside Filey Bus Station to photograph the Shoreline Suncruisers 555 and my uncle and auntie pass me in their car. Gonna get grief for this if they find out it was me! Hid my face behind the camera is a bid to disguise myself.

Have you been naughty and crossed the road (or county boundary in the case) when you've been told not to, Jimmi?  Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2016

(31 Mar 2016, 12:44 pm)MurdnunoC Have you been naughty and crossing the road (or county boundary in the case) when you've been told not to, Jimmi? 

In fairness I said nothing about me going to Filey and Bridlington, I just said Scarborough!

It's the fact I've been where they live and not popped in or owt.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2016

Wish I hadn't bothered with Filey and Bridlington, the sun is in the wrong place in both locations making it a real challenge to get anything even half decent.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 31 Mar 2016

(31 Mar 2016, 1:40 pm)Jimmi Wish I hadn't bothered with Filey and Bridlington, the sun is in the wrong place in both locations making it a real challenge to get anything even half decent.

You'll have to pop down to Hornsea and pick up the coat Husband left at my parents' at the weekend Wink

Everything.

Took the boys for a good long walk, this morning. Chance to blow out some cobwebs and for big'un to take some pictures and practice framing his shots.

Littl'un decided halfway, when we were furthest from home, that he didn't want his hand held, any more (no chance of that, as we were walking along the main road)
Some gobshite of a kid, who was apparently in some sort of holiday club, called out some rather unfriendly "greetings" to big'un before realising that he wasn't alone.
Imagine a pile of dog poo as big as your head. You wouldn't miss it, would you? Unless you were big'un. Angry

So we're now off into the yard to do some shoe cleaning. Once I've taken something for this damned headache.

Oh, and we were out 90 minutes and only clocked up 8,000 steps on my fitbit.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 31 Mar 2016

(31 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm)BusLoverMum Everything.

Took the boys for a good long walk, this morning. Chance to blow out some cobwebs and for big'un to take some pictures and practice framing his shots.

Littl'un decided halfway, when we were furthest from home, that he didn't want his hand held, any more (no chance of that, as we were walking along the main road)
Some gobshite of a kid, who was apparently in some sort of holiday club, called out some rather unfriendly "greetings" to big'un before realising that he wasn't alone.
Imagine a pile of dog poo as big as your head. You wouldn't miss it, would you? Unless you were big'un. Angry

So we're now off into the yard to do some shoe cleaning. Once I've taken something for this damned headache.

Oh, and we were out 90 minutes and only clocked up 8,000 steps on my fitbit.

Cracking day then!

(31 Mar 2016, 2:12 pm)citaro5284 Cracking day then!

Aye. I could quite happily curl up and go to sleep.

But nope. I have shitty shoes to clean.

You know those Geox adverts showing how the tiny holes in the sole of the shoe let moisture out?

They really don't show you what they look like after stepping in giant doggy do.

20 minutes, it took me, then I came in and my foot stuck to the floor where someone had spilt apple juice and not cleaned it up.

At least littl'un is hiding upstairs with his iPad instead of winding up his big bother.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - mb134 - 01 Apr 2016

Woke up at half three, got around two and a half hours sleep, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Dead already, and I've got a pretty busy day ahead... Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 04 Apr 2016

The weather!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 04 Apr 2016

Setting something away to download at the crack of dawn with the intention of watching it when you come home from work only to find that your PC/program is in a state of 'Not Responding'.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Apr 2016

The new Arriva timetables from May 15th.

All the services through Newton Aycliffe are getting pushed back by 5 minutes, the biggest issue with me here is getting to/from Middlesbrough is now becoming even more of a pain in the arse, first back in October when the X66/X67 changed I could no longer connect through to Middlesbrough on the 5/5A so I ended up having to get the 7 however as the 7 will now run 5 minutes later meaning that there is now only 5 minutes to connect between the 7 and X66 at Harrowgate Hill and that's if I get off at Ashleigh House and walk round the corner to the Elmcroft stop which is about 3 minutes walk, if I stay on until the next stop it's 3 minutes and chances are the X66 will be early and it takes forever to cross to the opposite side of the road so chances are knowing my luck I would miss it every time. The alternative is to sit on the 5/5A for 40 minutes into Darlington Town Centre and then a 5 minute wait before catching the X66 where I end up heading along North Road again for a 47 minute journey to Middlesbrough, so this makes for a painfully long journey just to reach Middlesbrough which could be done faster on the train which despite it's current two hour frequency and use of Class 142 Pacer's is starting to look a more convenient attractive option!

Been using the first 5A to Darlington on a Saturday morning for my further afield outings recently but sadly it would appear that this is being withdrawn meaning I would only be able to catch the 0754 VTEC service I've been using a lot recently by getting a lift or taxi to Darlington Rail Station, so now I would not only have the expense of Rail fares but taxi fares as well, yay!!! I don't quite understand its withdrawal either as it's been pretty busy everytime I've used it and most of the passengers have been weekly ticket holders as well with the odd concession pass holder as well.

Nice of you to now provide Harrowgate Hill with an early morning Sunday service 7 into Darlington Town Centre but not the rest of us on the 7 route!

Sapphire 7 still feels like a second class service on a Sunday with it's hourly frequency whilst the 8 goes around carrying fresh air and runs stupidly late!

Other than the new Sunday evening service 5A which I'll probably rarely use these changes are not going down well with me I'm afraid, say all you want about my views but I'm not happy about these changes.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Apr 2016

Yet another bloody power cut. Tripped our own electrics as soon as it came back on.

A slight relief that it appears to be external. There's currently 2 men with head torches examining the utility pole outside our house. Hopefully, by the time I've read my Kindle for a bit they'll have stopped flashing the window and yackering.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 05 Apr 2016

Just managed to miss 6034 on the 20 by 30 Seconds, It left 2 mins early.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 05 Apr 2016

My unpleasant journey on the X66 left my knee in a terrible state to the point it could no longer take the strain causing me pain and even resulted in me dropping to the floor which resulted in strange looks and I could see people ripping the p*** out of me, some people were actually concerned the state I was in. Because of the state I ended up in I had to abandon the shopping and head home

So, thanks for that Go North East! As ever you find some way to make me come to the conclusion that you are a terrible company. I've stuck up for you on numerous occasions but after this I don't think I can do so any longer as I'm it's now at the point where every time I do an outing that features GNE I am left feeling disappointed and in some cases angry and/or disgusted with the service I am given or no service in some cases.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 05 Apr 2016

I can't work out if you're joking, Jimmi?

Don't you go to various gigs and concerts which would result in you standing in places with very little room, and being bumped by other people?