North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Malarkey - 26 Nov 2015

http://www.route-one.net/technology/go-north-east-the-world-in-the-palm-of-its-hand/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - G-CPTN - 26 Nov 2015

Most interesting - I wonder if they do 'tours' for enthusiasts?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - R852 PRG - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:05 pm)G-CPTN Most interesting - I wonder if they do 'tours' for enthusiasts?

Go North East don't do anything like that; I think that sort of stuff just gets binned. Presuming you're referring to the likes of depot visits.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - NK53 TKT - 26 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 10:36 pm)Adrian What's the issue with the Versas? Decent modern bus in my opinion, and if it means it's not another Streetlite, well then that's a bonus! Smile

Every now again is fine, but daily it is awful unless we are talking about the Citylink examples.

I am travelling on the 689 tomorrow, what is it like punctuality wise?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - R852 PRG - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:32 pm)NK53 TKT Every now again is fine, but daily it is awful unless we are talking about the Citylink examples.

Generally okay. The journey is about an hour in length from end to end, and the country lanes and fast stretches in between allow any lost time to be made up. Can't imagine you will experience significant (if any) delay.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - omnicity4659 - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:32 pm)NK53 TKT Every now again is fine, but daily it is awful unless we are talking about the Citylink examples.

Fine.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Dan - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 6:55 pm)Malarkey http://www.route-one.net/technology/go-north-east-the-world-in-the-palm-of-its-hand/

Great insight into some of the things we have going on behind the scenes - I'm glad that it has been covered by the trade press.

It's so important in this industry to keep on top of new technology and use it to our advantage. Operational benefits which we see internally ultimately provide a better, more reliable, safer journey for passengers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Diamond One - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:09 pm)R852 PRG Go North East don't do anything like that; I think that sort of stuff just gets binned. Presuming you're referring to the likes of depot visits.

they only do private tours e.g between managing companies that make buses eg Volvo or Wright but Depot visits will have to be private eg some photos from that visit will end up being private as it does cause controversy amongst others

(26 Nov 2015, 7:55 pm)Diamond One they only do private tours e.g between managing companies that make buses eg Volvo or Wright but Depot visits will have to be private eg some photos from that visit will end up being private as it does cause controversy amongst others

I recall seeing on Twitter that a group of young bus managers had spent a day at Riverside getting tours, with branded vehicles from all over the company being drawn into the depot for the occasion. Was only a short while back.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Dan - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:55 pm)Diamond One they only do private tours e.g between managing companies that make buses eg Volvo or Wright but Depot visits will have to be private eg some photos from that visit will end up being private as it does cause controversy amongst others

I know quite a lot of you have an interest in seeing things which go on behind the scenes, and would like to see what an operational depot is like from the inside.

Maybe in the future Go North East (and other bus operators) can look towards allowing enthusiasts - and the general public - to do just this. Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - G-CPTN - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:09 pm)R852 PRG Go North East don't do anything like that; I think that sort of stuff just gets binned. Presuming you're referring to the likes of depot visits.

Yes, I am 'mature enough' to appreciate the things behind running a service - the sorts of things that the public don't see (or even think about).

I've been promised a visit to the Fire and Rescue Control Room . . .

(26 Nov 2015, 7:57 pm)Dan I know quite a lot of you have an interest in seeing things which go on behind the scenes, and would like to see what an operational depot is like from the inside.

Maybe in the future Go North East (and other bus operators) can look towards allowing enthusiasts - and the general public - to do just this. Smile

I spent most of my working life as a vehicle tester (managing drivers and routes and analysing the 'failures').

All of these vehicles (trucks and buses mainly, but also cars and vans) were 'experimental' - ie before production - so 'failures' had to be studied carefully - usually when there was a breakdown it was as a result of something that had never happened before, and the evidence had to be preserved.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - DanPicken - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 9:29 pm)G-CPTN Yes, I am 'mature enough' to appreciate the things behind running a service - the sorts of things that the public don't see (or even think about).

I've been promised a visit to the Fire and Rescue Control Room . . .

I've been promised a tour of Deptford by its manager.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - NK53 TKT - 27 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 7:45 pm)R852 PRG Generally okay. The journey is about an hour in length from end to end, and the country lanes and fast stretches in between allow any lost time to be made up. Can't imagine you will experience significant (if any) delay.

Thanks

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - DanPicken - 27 Nov 2015

(27 Nov 2015, 7:07 am)NK53 TKT Thanks

The only delay would be the A68(?) that you have to go over.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - JP6004 - 27 Nov 2015

6004 been repainted back in to red - however lacking advertisement boards

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - dannygee - 27 Nov 2015

6116 & 6117 gained advertisement boards last month and still no adverts in.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - dannygee - 27 Nov 2015

Taxi Protest on 27 November from 4.30pm to 6.30pm

We have been made aware that a taxi protest will take place from 4.30pm today that will affect our buses in and around Newcastle City Centre.

To try and minimise delays buses will run the following routes:

Services from Redheugh Bridge/Scotswood Rd:
These services will terminate at Clayton St/Bewick St and wait time, before departing from Central Stn bus stops.

Services towards Gateshead Interchange:
All services will turn left at the end of Blackett St onto Newgate St/The Gate, before picking up outside Wilkinsons (X1 included).

Services to Haymarket:
These services will terminate at the Army Centre/Council Offices stop, before turning around at the roundabout to normal route.

Services X84/X85:
These services will continue as normal.

Service Q3:
This service will run to normal route but with delays.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - S813 FVK - 27 Nov 2015

6131s side destination needs some attention - quite a few LEDs around the destination (not just in one cluster) are not working. If you zoom in on the photo below you can make out the issue:

[Image: 23000112572_8072bbfa37.jpg]6131 Go North East Scania Ominidekka Northern by Diamond One, on Flickr

On the topic: I noticed that the side destination for the 831 reads 'Scholars' rather than 'Stanley'. I found this unusual to say the least.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015 - Dan - 27 Nov 2015

(27 Nov 2015, 4:00 pm)S813 FVK 6131s side destination needs some attention - quite a few LEDs around the destination (not just in one cluster) are not working.

On the topic: I noticed that the side destination for the 831 reads 'Scholars' rather than 'Stanley'. I found this unusual to say the least.

Was the driver not just using the wrong destination?

There's a scholars service in Tyne & Wear, which is numbered 831, operated by Stanley Depot.