North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Dan - 26 Dec 2015

(21 Dec 2015, 12:48 pm)Dan Well as it's only a week away, and many of you will be toying up the idea of whether it's worth going out or not... See below for a list of allocations - subject to change but gives you all a rough idea:

Q3/Q3A being operated by Quaylink/GNE Red Optare Versas (I'm aware they aren't showing the correct destinations before someone else says it!), and there's a number of GNE Red double-decks on service 47 today too.

Service 1 is being operated by the two red B9s, too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Diamond One - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 9:49 am)Dan Q3/Q3A being operated by Quaylink/GNE Red Optare Versas (I'm aware they aren't showing the correct destinations before someone else says it!), and there's a number of GNE Red double-decks on service 47 today too.

Service 1 is being operated by the two red B9s, too.
Must be a last minute change of plan I'm suprised there isn't any more deckers on Newcastle based services that don't normally operate on them services to provide extra capacity for travelling Newcastle United fans travelling to and from St James Park

(26 Dec 2015, 12:12 pm)Diamond One Must be a last minute change of plan I'm suprised there isn't any more deckers on Newcastle based services that don't normally operate on them services to provide extra capacity for travelling Newcastle United fans travelling to and from St James Park

The correct buses are now being deployed on the Q3/Q3A services - 6046 and 6119 are out now, and the destinations should be working...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Diamond One - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 12:19 pm)Dan The correct buses are now being deployed on the Q3/Q3A services - 6046 and 6119 are out now, and the destinations should be working...

What time are there due in Newcastle?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - S813 FVK - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 12:31 pm)Diamond One What time are there due in Newcastle?

When the Q3/Q3A are due in Newcastle? I'd imagine all 5 vehicles on the Q3/Q3A will be deckers before long anyway.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 26 Dec 2015

1 million questions on the GNE Facebook page today, asking which services are running... if they go on their site or follow the links they are providing on the page then they won't have to ask..............

(26 Dec 2015, 1:15 pm)Michael 1 million questions on the GNE Facebook page today, asking which services are running... if they go on their site or follow the links they are providing on the page then they won't have to ask..............

You'd be surprised at how many aren't aware that Arriva isn't operating any services today...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 1:21 pm)Dan You'd be surprised at how many aren't aware that Arriva isn't operating any services today...

Oh dear! 

I think they should spam the pages with the info needed... its ridiculous... why can't people see the post at top of the page - they have to go past that to get to where you can comment on their pages!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Adrian - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm)Michael Oh dear! 

I think they should spam the pages with the info needed... its ridiculous... why can't people see the post at top of the page - they have to go past that to get to where you can comment on their pages!

Where's Andy Clifford when you need him? GNE could do with some Boxing Day traffic forecasts, I'm sure... Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - wise owl - 26 Dec 2015

Its all questions that can be answered by looking at the link. If the service you want is not there, then its not operating.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - omnicity4659 - 26 Dec 2015

(26 Dec 2015, 1:21 pm)Dan You'd be surprised at how many aren't aware that Arriva isn't operating any services today...

Even DaveyB has had a go dishing out info on Arriva's page!  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - dannygee - 28 Dec 2015

Just been thinking recently how come the 1 is named coaster. Only coast it sees is Tynemouth to park Hotel then tiny bit at cullercoats and the bandstand. Spends most time inland

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Dan - 28 Dec 2015

(28 Dec 2015, 9:48 am)dannygee Just been thinking recently how come the 1 is named coaster. Only coast it sees is Tynemouth to park Hotel then tiny bit at cullercoats and the bandstand. Spends most time inland

The service provides links to the coastal towns of North Shields, Tynemouth and Whitley Bay - don't think it really refers to the coast itself..?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - S813 FVK - 28 Dec 2015

5401 and an un-id'd B7 both driven out of the depot NIS by fitters - assuming 5401 is to replace the C&C streetlite that has just come in on a Sunderland bound 78 and the B7 to replace broken down 3872 on Lambton Worms

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Andreos1 - 28 Dec 2015

(28 Dec 2015, 9:48 am)dannygee Just been thinking recently how come the 1 is named coaster. Only coast it sees is Tynemouth to park Hotel then tiny bit at cullercoats and the bandstand. Spends most time inland

I was assumed it was named after a type of boat (like the drifter).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastal_trading_vessel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Diamond One - 28 Dec 2015

The name coaster comes from the areas and coastal areas it serves like Whitley Bay, Cullercoats and Tynemouth with areas like Newcastle, Gateshead and Wrekenton (1), Kibblesworth (1A) the brand is in its 3rd incarnation having 1st been worn on lolynes later refurbished then ominicity in cream and now blue coaster I like the brand makes you feel like your beside the sea

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - omnicity4659 - 28 Dec 2015

Bit like the Arriva Coastliner 306/308, only serves Whitley Bay-Blyth on the coast.

Coast & Castles X15 never touched the coast, whereas the X18 follows the coast from Amble onwards.

Its called Coaster as it serves the coastal towns of North Shields, Whitley Bay & Tynemouth. I don't think CityLink would cut the mustard as that seems to be for cross-city links.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - S813 FVK - 28 Dec 2015

Now the same point has been duplicated twice...

Since Bazza mentioned the old green and cream coaster livery worn by the lolynes and omnicities at first - i never saw the link between the brand name (or the route itself) and the livery with that brand other than the cream representing sand.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 28 Dec 2015

Was all the boxing day services busy or were some quieter than normal?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Malarkey - 28 Dec 2015

(28 Dec 2015, 2:27 pm)Michael Was all the boxing day services busy or were some quieter than normal?

I used Services 2/6/10A & X1 on Boxing Day.

I waited 30 Minutes (Between 10:30 & 11) at Lambton Village Centre for the 2 which was Half Full, and supposed to be operating Every 20 Minutes, this was followed up by the X1 which was bang on time but late in leaving, was absolutely rammed. After a few photos in Newcastle of the Q3/Q3A which were rammed, I got on the 6 over to the MetroCentre which carried fresh air, following more photos and shopping I got on the 10A to Newcastle which much like the X1 was rammed, I again the on the X1 which wasnt to busy upon leaving Eldon Square, but was rammed upon leaving Gateshead, finally I got the 2 back up home and that was rammed as well.