North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 6:32 pm)S813 FVK We get what he was saying though. All of Pronto presidents are likely to be repainted into the corporate livery to replace older vehicles in the fleet, minus 6021 of course (but we didn't know this at the time of Adam's post).

Ye, i was just saying though, new buses???????? Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - R852 PRG - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 6:30 pm)Michael Not all of them, 6021 has being withdrawn: 

Initially off service for an engine issue; this vehicle has now been withdrawn from service at Crook Depot, and is in storage at Chester-le-Street. It will presumably be cannibalised for spare parts, to be used in other Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7TLs in the fleet.

Can't wait to see pdiddy's reaction...  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - pdiddy - 09 Dec 2015

6021 was one of the better ones... it suffered an engine problem earlier in the week, which I presume isn't financialy viable to repair, hense why its  been withdrawn. It will be replaced with a red decker from Chester. How's that for a reaction hahaha

Currently we have 3875 as it's replacement , however i don't think it will have a set replacement . Probs just any spare decker from Chester.  Trident or B7 Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 09 Dec 2015

Customer Services Christmas and New Year Opening Hours

Our Customer Services Team will be on hand to help you with any queries you have over the festive period.

Wednesday 23 December - 7am until 7pm
Christmas Eve - 7am until 5pm
Christmas Day - CLOSED
Boxing Day - 9am until 5pm
Sunday 27 December - 9am until 5pm
Monday 28 December - 9am until 5pm
Tuesday 29 December : 7am until 7pm
Wednesday 30 December - 7am until 7pm
New Year's Eve - 7am until 5pm
New Year's Day - CLOSED
Normal hours resume from Saturday 2 January, with opening hours of 7am-7pm during the week, and 9am-5pm on weekends.
We've also got your travel needs wrapped up this year, with a wide range of services running during the Christmas and New Year period.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Malarkey - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 5:05 pm)Malarkey 563 & 8328 are on the EP1.
Enchanted Park (EP1) Shuttle Service Photos.

563 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/23009081144/in/dateposted-public/

8328 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/23528683902/in/dateposted-public/

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - S813 FVK - 09 Dec 2015

Bit of a random thing. I noticed that the driver of my school bus was wearing a Brighton and Hove hat. Not really of any significance but just found it strange.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - L469 YVK - 09 Dec 2015

(09 Dec 2015, 6:43 pm)Michael Ye, i was just saying though, new buses???????? Tongue

Just a waiting game now. Hopefully shouldn't see any deckers for this or any other alike service in terms of demand arrive at Heysham unless Volvo have snuck an 8 litre engine in. Hopefully should see some double deckers that will keep the lads and lasses down in Darlington in jobs or even some people in Sweeden for that matter (not including a manufacturer starting with a V).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Dan - 10 Dec 2015

Surf the web on the Coaster...

[Image: 2309.gif]

The "Coaster" branded vehicles at Percy Main are in the process of receiving free passenger Wi-Fi. In addition to the branded vehicles being installed, red spares 5273 and 5274 will also be installed. Should any of the branded vehicles be off the road, these two red Scania OmniCitys should be used as preference to cover for the branded vehicle.

This follows all of the "Coaster" branded vehicles recently undergoing a deep clean at Thorntons, improving the quality of service for passengers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 10 Dec 2015

(10 Dec 2015, 8:07 am)Dan Surf the web on the Coaster...

The "Coaster" branded vehicles at Percy Main are in the process of receiving free passenger Wi-Fi. In addition to the branded vehicles being installed, red spares 5273 and 5274 will also be installed. Should any of the branded vehicles be off the road, these two red Scania OmniCitys should be used as preference to cover for the branded vehicle.

This follows all of the "Coaster" branded vehicles recently undergoing a deep clean at Thorntons, improving the quality of service for passengers.

Cool, thought it wouldn't be long before the Coaster gained WIFI, i think this confirms the "Coaster" isn't getting new buses.

Will the Cobalt Connect Omnicities be done next?

Edit: I'm surprised the Citylink 57 hasn't gained WIFI with it now being part of the brand, like before the Citaro's was allocated it could being installed.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Jimmi - 10 Dec 2015

I'm going to give you an exclusive sneak peak at part of my review as I want more people to see the experience I just had:

1230 19 North Shields Town Centre - Royal Quays (GNE 5246)
Arrived at the stop at 12:30 and there was two mothers with pushchairs blocking my ways of getting on the bus, so the one in the bus shelter moved and just as she moved the driver closed the doors so I had to signal that I wished to board the bus so the driver opened the doors and very rudely commented by saying something like "you should have said that wanted this bus." Noticed when I alighted the bus at Royal Quays he didn't say thank you to me but did say thank you to the old woman who also alighted at this stop, also decided to take a photo of the bus and of course the coward pulled the sun visor right down so we can't see his face. Oh and I should also point out that this bus should have left North Shields Town Centre at 12:33, so the fact he was going to drive off over two minutes before the departure time makes this even more of a joke. This was totally no need for the driver to speak to me in this way so I will certainly making a complaint about this.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - buss14 - 10 Dec 2015

just thought i would suggest would it be more profession for go north east to brand another volvo b7 presindent for pronto service since 6021 broken

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - wise owl - 10 Dec 2015

(10 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm)buss14 just thought i would suggest would it be more profession for go north east to brand another volvo b7 presindent for pronto service since 6021 broken

No point, heavilly rumoured to be getting new buses soon.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - R852 PRG - 10 Dec 2015

(10 Dec 2015, 4:32 pm)buss14 just thought i would suggest would it be more profession for go north east to brand another volvo b7 presindent for pronto service since 6021 broken

Given that it was just officially withdrawn the other day, do you expect them to have another President with ''Pronto'' branding to just be rolled out overnight? Also, as has already been stated, with rumoured investment in the X21 soon; there is little point. If that is to be true, it's not worth the money to brand another.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Diamond One - 10 Dec 2015

Bet Davie will be glad these are getting wifi now cannot wait to use these when ever I go to tynemouth for a random day out in the summer 

Anyways do you know if 5294 has been branded yet as I saw 5296 on 27 earlier still unbranded but it will Probs be done tonight can you confirm this
(10 Dec 2015, 4:42 pm)R852 PRG Given that it was just officially withdrawn the other day, do you expect them to have another President with ''Pronto'' branding to just be rolled out overnight? Also, as has already been stated, with rumoured investment in the X21 soon; there is little point. If that is to be true, it's not worth the money to brand another.
Nope be pointless bringing out the brand now as the service is 50% chance could get new vehicles to allow more Olympians to be withdrawn and more lolynes to go but they may just use Probs a red spare one as its replacement eg 6036

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Diamond One - 10 Dec 2015

I forgot to mention an MPD on 88 has broken down close to Jarrow bus station

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - R852 PRG - 10 Dec 2015

(10 Dec 2015, 4:48 pm)Diamond One Bet Davie will be glad these are getting wifi now cannot wait to use these when ever I go to tynemouth for a random day out in the summer 

Anyways do you know if 5294 has been branded yet as I saw 5296 on 27 earlier still unbranded but it will Probs be done tonight can you confirm this
Nope be pointless bringing out the brand now as the service is 50% chance could get new vehicles to allow more Olympians to be withdrawn and more lolynes to go but they may just use Probs a red spare one as its replacement eg 6036

Think pdiddy mentioned that 3875 is covering at Crook. Using buss14's logic; it wasn't professional of Go North East to allow 4897-4902 and 4906-4909 to run around on the 8/78 from August 2014 until May 2015, with only 4853-4855 branded. Would be pointless de-branding 4853-4855 or branding the corporate-liveried vehicles.

Question has 5294 been branded yet? also my other question is 5296 getting branded tonight?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Davie - 10 Dec 2015

Bloody brilliant! There goes my hopes of the Coaster getting new buses!

(10 Dec 2015, 4:48 pm)Diamond One Bet Davie will be glad these are getting wifi now cannot wait to use these when ever I go to tynemouth for a random day out in the summer 

I'm over the moon matey...!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - DanPicken - 10 Dec 2015

(10 Dec 2015, 5:48 pm)Davie Bloody brilliant! There goes my hopes of the Coaster getting new buses!

I'm over the moon matey...!

Poor Davie they are shite wifi will not affect me getting the 1/A.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Davie - 10 Dec 2015

(10 Dec 2015, 5:57 pm)DanPicken Poor Davie they are shite wifi will not affect me getting the 1/A.
Luckily for me I very rarely use the heaps of crap buses!