North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 11 Dec 2021

(11 Dec 2021, 12:12 pm)busmanT I'm almost certain that Tesco cancelled all the free buses that operators around the country ran

im sure i read this too but cant find anything on the web

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 16 Dec 2021

Strange the Kingston Park Tesco buses are still on timetables etc and no information on them being withdrawn. The M71 is a good service for Westerhope residents to get to and from Tesco, and the 42A provides a service to and from Wideopen, Dinnington etc albeit hourly. Newbiggin Hall is covered by the M71 and Kenton has the X47 nearby. Does the M71 really need to stop in the car park?

Be good if Phoenix or A-line operated the X47 route as Stagecoach buses are old and unreliable.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - peter - 16 Dec 2021

(16 Dec 2021, 4:12 pm)OrangeArrow49 Strange the Kingston Park Tesco buses are still on timetables etc and no information on them being withdrawn. The M71 is  a good service for Westerhope residents to get to and from Tesco, and the 42A provides a service to and from Wideopen, Dinnington etc albeit hourly. Newbiggin Hall is covered by the M71 and Kenton has the X47 nearby. Does the M71 really need to stop in the car park?

Be good if Phoenix or A-line operated the X47 route as Stagecoach buses are old and unreliable.

You keep talking about other operators running Stagecoach's commercial services - it doesn't work like that. Phoenix or A-line won't ever be operating the X47.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 16 Dec 2021

(16 Dec 2021, 10:44 pm)peter You keep talking about other operators running Stagecoach's commercial services - it doesn't work like that. Phoenix or A-line won't ever be operating the X47.

I said the route of the X47, not run the X47. Phoenix run the M71 very well, and good reliable links are important. Unfair Westerhope has a good service to Kingston Park Shops, and nowhere else does. The lack of decent services is frustrating!

Customers deserve choice and value for money.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - peter - 17 Dec 2021

(16 Dec 2021, 11:14 pm)OrangeArrow49 I said the route of the X47, not run the X47. Phoenix run the M71 very well, and good reliable links are important. Unfair Westerhope has a good service to Kingston Park Shops, and nowhere else does. The lack of decent services is frustrating!

That's equally preposterous...the M71 is a Nexus funded service - Phoenix operate a handful of fiat bluebird's on contracted routes, they'd never start operating the route of the X47 commercially - they couldn't compete.

RMF1254 - RMF1254 - 17 Dec 2021

(16 Dec 2021, 11:14 pm)OrangeArrow49 I said the route of the X47, not run the X47. Phoenix run the M71 very well, and good reliable links are important. Unfair Westerhope has a good service to Kingston Park Shops, and nowhere else does. The lack of decent services is frustrating!

Doesn’t the Metro serve Kingston Park shops as well as the X47? I would call that a pretty good service.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 17 Dec 2021

I don't particularly know much about the villages around the retail park, but geographically, I'd question why people further afield would need to go to that specific retail park? 

Where do you envisage people travelling from and for what shops in particular?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 27 Dec 2021

(17 Dec 2021, 10:13 am)Adrian I don't particularly know much about the villages around the retail park, but geographically, I'd question why people further afield would need to go to that specific retail park? 

Where do you envisage people travelling from and for what shops in particular?

Apologies I didn't notice this reply. 

Not further afield necessarily, just odd that only Westerhope has a bus service to Kingston Park Shops and Tesco Car Park in particular. The free Tesco shuttle ran from Wideopen, Newbiggin Hall and Kenton to Kingston Park Tesco Extra. Kingston Park Shops is served by the Metro, which is great, but in terms of buses only really has the X47 (the 6 and M71 don't run on evenings and the M71 doesn't run on Sundays) . Just remembered about the 6, which links Kingston Park with places further away, such as Four Lane Ends. 42A also links Wallsend, Four Lane Ends, Killingworth and Wideopen etc with Kingston Park. Anyway, my point was only Westerhope has a reliable, non-Stagecoach bus service to Kingston Park, and into the car park in particular. Fenham, Cowgate, Slatyford, Blakelaw and Kenton Bar should all have a decent service for Kingston Park, why should Westerhope and nowhere else locally have a service? GNE's 42A provides the link further afield. Maybe Gosforth and Great Park could have a new service to Kingston Park.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 27 Dec 2021

(27 Dec 2021, 2:48 am)OrangeArrow49 Apologies I didn't notice this reply. 

Not further afield necessarily, just odd that only Westerhope has a bus service to Kingston Park Shops and Tesco Car Park in particular. The free Tesco shuttle ran from Wideopen, Newbiggin Hall and Kenton to Kingston Park Tesco Extra. Kingston Park Shops is served by the Metro, which is great, but in terms of buses only really has the X47 (the 6 and M71 don't run on evenings and the M71 doesn't run on Sundays) . Just remembered about the 6, which links Kingston Park with places further away, such as Four Lane Ends. 42A also links Wallsend, Four Lane Ends, Killingworth and Wideopen etc with Kingston Park. Anyway, my point was only Westerhope has a reliable, non-Stagecoach bus service to Kingston Park, and into the car park in particular. Fenham, Cowgate, Slatyford, Blakelaw and Kenton Bar should all have a decent service for Kingston Park, why should Westerhope and nowhere else locally have a service? GNE's 42A provides the link further afield. Maybe Gosforth and Great Park could have a new service to Kingston Park.

Would people in Fenham, Cowgate, Slatyford and Blakelaw not either head towards the big Morrisons (and the shopping centre) at Denton Park, or head into Newcastle itself if they wanted something that they can't get there? If they absolutely needed to go to Tesco, then there's a Tesco Metro and I think two Tesco locals in the town.

I don't really know Kenton Bar, but Google Maps shows it as half a mile walk from Tesco Extra. I've got about the same to a bus stop.

On the 42A, I don't think its a route designed with the intention of shoppers flocking from Wallsend to Kingston Park. You'd have to be insane to do a 3 hour round trip to a supermarket, especially when there's one a stone throw away next to the Silverlink.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 27 Dec 2021

(27 Dec 2021, 3:32 pm)Adrian Would people in Fenham, Cowgate, Slatyford and Blakelaw not either head towards the big Morrisons (and the shopping centre) at Denton Park, or head into Newcastle itself if they wanted something that they can't get there? If they absolutely needed to go to Tesco, then there's a Tesco Metro and I think two Tesco locals in the town.

I don't really know Kenton Bar, but Google Maps shows it as half a mile walk from Tesco Extra. I've got about the same to a bus stop.

On the 42A, I don't think its a route designed with the intention of shoppers flocking from Wallsend to Kingston Park. You'd have to be insane to do a 3 hour round trip to a supermarket, especially when there's one a stone throw away next to the Silverlink.

I agree with your points, but my point is why just Westerhope has a bus link to Kingston Park (for Tesco and the Metro station) when surely people in Westerhope/Newbiggin Hall would also go to Denton Park Shopping Centre/Westerhope Asda or Aldi/X87 or X88 to Cowgate Aldi or Morrisons or link with X47 to Kingston Park/head into Newcastle itself? Does Westerhope/Newbiggin Hall need the Nexus contracted M71 service?

Personally I'd run the 71 to Kingston Park instead of Throckley and extend the 10/11 to serve Throckley and have a new service 13 Walker - City Centre - Fenham - West Denton - Newburn - Throckley.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Train8261 - 30 Jan 2022

Looks like gct haven't had a good Sunday

Two missing buses of the 42/42A

Missing bus of the 41

Missing bus of the 11

Missing bus of the 32A

Now only two buses 42/42A, 41 isn't tracking at all (from when this post went up) only two 11 are out and two 32A

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MurdnunoC - 30 Jan 2022

Better than usual but probably not better than ever...

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - DaveFromUpNorth - 05 Feb 2022

If GCT are not operating Nexus secured services and they fail to operate - email your local cllr or Nexus and they will investigate why this service was not operating.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - ASX_Terranova - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 8:50 pm)DaveFromUpNorth If GCT are not operating Nexus secured services and they fail to operate - email your local cllr or Nexus and they will investigate  why this service was not operating.
Think people have mentioned in this thread before they've tried this with no avail.

BU55 EVM - N391OTY - 14 Feb 2022

Bustimes shows that this MB Sprinter is being operated by GCT. It previously spent time in the North East as GNE 9071 on service H, the Newcastle hospital link, before GNE got similar 729 and 730 for that service.

(14 Feb 2022, 10:52 pm)N391OTY Bustimes shows that this MB Sprinter is being operated by GCT. It previously spent time in the North East as GNE 9071 on service H, the Newcastle hospital link, before GNE got similar 729 and 730 for that service.

BU55 EVM !

RE: BU55 EVM - minibus1474 - 15 Feb 2022

(14 Feb 2022, 10:52 pm)N391OTY Bustimes shows that this MB Sprinter is being operated by GCT. It previously spent time in the North East as GNE 9071 on service H, the Newcastle hospital link, before GNE got similar 729 and 730 for that service.

BU55 EVM !
Used on R1 then 592 pm only

Gateshead Central Taxis - TEN 6083 - 15 Feb 2022

[Image: 51883580389_8f18534a04_c.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis BU55 EVM by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Caught it this morning in Ryton, just a card on the dashboard with route number on display. Hopefully passengers will see it or else they could miss their bus.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 27 Mar 2022

Did GCT operate any 342 trips yesterday?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - RMF1254 - 28 Mar 2022

(27 Mar 2022, 11:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 Did GCT operate any 342 trips yesterday?
Yes, passed an ADL Enviro 200 at Benton ASDA on the 342.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Train8261 - 28 Mar 2022

GCT are not tracking 335/342 today