North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - NEbushopper - 27 Feb 2023

(26 Feb 2023, 11:00 pm)busmanT Do GCT now keep a small number of buses in the Durham area?
The 61/62, 204/A and one of the PR1 buses don't seem to track to/from Felling like the others do.

normally arriva buses don't track to/from the depot. i know arriva uses ticketer and i think gct do aswell. it might just be a case of the ticket machine not being turned on. i don't really know how this stuff works but thats my guess from what i already know.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Retro Nero - 27 Feb 2023

(27 Feb 2023, 12:30 pm)NEbushopper normally arriva buses don't track to/from the depot. i know arriva uses ticketer and i think gct do aswell. it might just be a case of the ticket machine not being turned on. i don't really know how this stuff works but thats my guess from what i already know.
Yeah correct, there is a light miles or dead miles button has to be registered when you sign on your machine or it doesn't acknowledge your light running from depot, some drivers just log straight onto there first trip which will not register until it starts from the first stop/terminus

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 27 Feb 2023

(27 Feb 2023, 12:51 pm)Retro Nero Yeah correct, there is a light miles or dead miles button has to be registered when you sign on your machine or it doesn't acknowledge your light running from depot, some drivers just log straight onto there first trip which will not register until it starts from the first stop/terminus

You'd think the operator would be keen to ensure those light miles are accurately recorded though, as I'd imagine they'd be key in working out costings for their bid when it comes around to the tender process again? 

All those Felling to Durham round trips will be adding up.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - F114TML - 27 Feb 2023

(27 Feb 2023, 1:56 pm)Adrian You'd think the operator would be keen to ensure those light miles are accurately recorded though, as I'd imagine they'd be key in working out costings for their bid when it comes around to the tender process again? 

Bold of you to assume GCT actually care. So long as they win the contract that's all that matters it seems.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Unber43 - 27 Feb 2023

You used to be able to see when GNE buses were running dead on a morning/evening. But that stopped after bustimes went down a while ago. Now you can only see it when the driver doesn't sign out of a trip

Also how can GCT keep winning all of these contracts, surely they cannot be making money

Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 28 Feb 2023

(27 Feb 2023, 1:56 pm)Adrian You'd think the operator would be keen to ensure those light miles are accurately recorded though, as I'd imagine they'd be key in working out costings for their bid when it comes around to the tender process again? 

Internally they can still be tracked, it’s just on bustimes that they can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gateshead Central Taxis - cbma06 - 17 Mar 2023

Looks like service 59 will be daily every 2 hours between Kelloe and Hartlepool with a 3 month emergency contract .

https://bustimes.org/services/59-hartlepool-kelloe

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - BusLoverMum - 17 Mar 2023

(17 Mar 2023, 2:03 pm)cbma06 Looks like service 59 will be daily every 2 hours between Kelloe and Hartlepool with a 3 month emergency contract .

That will die a death, then. Better than every 100 minutes or whatever daft frequency some of the council funded services have been, though.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 17 Mar 2023

(17 Mar 2023, 2:03 pm)cbma06 Looks like service 59 will be daily every 2 hours between Kelloe and Hartlepool with a 3 month emergency contract .

Does this leave Quarrington Hill and Cassop without a bus service then? At present, they only have the 57/58.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 17 Mar 2023

(17 Mar 2023, 4:25 pm)Adrian Does this leave Quarrington Hill and Cassop without a bus service then? At present, they only have the 57/58.
Arriva's 58 which will now run in the daytime covers Quarrington Hill & Cassop, however it looks as if Morley Crescent and Woodland Crescent in Kelloe plus the bit around Bowburn Hall will no longer have a service.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 17 Mar 2023

(17 Mar 2023, 5:41 pm)Jimmi Arriva's 58 which will now run in the daytime covers Quarrington Hill & Cassop, however it looks as if Morley Crescent and Woodland Crescent in Kelloe plus the bit around Bowburn Hall will no longer have a service.

I'm surprised they couldn't fit Woodland in, but I understand it omitting Morley. Can be a nightmare for parked cars around there.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 17 Mar 2023

(17 Mar 2023, 5:46 pm)Adrian I'm surprised they couldn't fit Woodland in, but I understand it omitting Morley. Can be a nightmare for parked cars around there.
Was a suggestion to send the 59 round these areas but was seemingly a non-starter, reason cited being unable to fit them into the schedule.

Just hope all the times are correct by the time the service starts as currently on BusTimes at least, the first weekday morning journey to Hartlepool seemingly has been given an extra 10 minutes between each timing point (as a result, the first trip from Trimdon Village is shown as taking 1 hour, 22 minutes to reach Hartlepool, Grand Hotel instead of 31 minutes!)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Aaron21 - 20 Mar 2023

Gateshead Central Taxis seem to have another two Iveco buses

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Aaron21 - 20 Mar 2023

More Iveco at GCT

.jpg
Screenshot_20230320_154556_Facebook.jpg
Size 778.13 KB / Downloads 28

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - logidoodah - 21 Mar 2023

There was one whole board on the 84/84a circuit pattern that didn't run all day. So with a PVR of 2 that's every other bus!
No wonder these services have been declining for years even though they have multiple unique links (84a more so than 84). I tried helping another customer showing them bustimes.org and how they can track the bus (generally hit and miss with GCT). But I guess they don't need that anymore due to not having any other company than Stagecoach in West Newcastle (besides the hourly GNE).

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - F114TML - 22 Mar 2023

(21 Mar 2023, 11:12 pm)logidoodah There was one whole board on the 84/84a circuit pattern that didn't run all day. So with a PVR of 2 that's every other bus!
No wonder these services have been declining for years even though they have multiple unique links (84a more so than 84). I tried helping another customer showing them bustimes.org and how they can track the bus (generally hit and miss with GCT). But I guess they don't need that anymore due to not having any other company than Stagecoach in West Newcastle (besides the hourly GNE).
That's nothing. There's some routes that don't see a service at all for the whole day.
The R5 last week only ran on 3 of the 6 days it's meant to, and even then only on the Thursday did all journeys run...

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - wibblejunior - 22 Mar 2023

(22 Mar 2023, 10:33 am)F114TML That's nothing. There's some routes that don't see a service at all for the whole day.
The R5 last week only ran on 3 of the 6 days it's meant to, and even then only on the Thursday did all journeys run...
I'm pretty sure some bus operators have had their licenses revoked in the past for this reason...

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Ianthegoon - 23 Mar 2023

(22 Mar 2023, 4:00 pm)wibblejunior I'm pretty sure some bus operators have had their licenses revoked in the past for this reason...

Given how often this operator has apparent problems reported on this forum, I'm surprised nothing has happened against them, unless there's something else going on.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - NEbushopper - 24 Mar 2023

(23 Mar 2023, 9:27 am)Ianthegoon Given how often this operator has apparent problems reported on this forum, I'm surprised nothing has happened against them, unless there's something else going on.

So if that example above of only running 3 out of 6 days is true, would that mean they would lose their contract? Never used them, but they do seem like they are running a terrible service from what I have seen on here.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Ianthegoon - 24 Mar 2023

(24 Mar 2023, 6:24 am)NEbushopper So if that example above of only running 3 out of 6 days is true, would that mean they would lose their contract? Never used them, but they do seem like they are running a terrible service from what I have seen on here.

But maybe the councils like "cheap" sufficiently to be prepared to overlook the absence of an actual service?