North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - streetdeckfan - 24 Mar 2023

Maybe there just aren't enough people using the services to notice that they're not running!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 24 Mar 2023

Are they not running to the eye, or are they not running according to bustimes?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 24 Mar 2023

(24 Mar 2023, 8:12 am)Ianthegoon But maybe the councils like "cheap" sufficiently to be prepared to overlook the absence of an actual service?

It feels like some transport orgs have just given up and won't take action for repeated violations of contracts, I've heard a few accounts of complaints about services not running (or running late / other issues) and feels like nothing gets done, they often tell you to complain directly to the operators which some aren't likely to take seriously.

(24 Mar 2023, 12:06 pm)Adrian Are they not running to the eye, or are they not running according to bustimes?

The latter is my guess, I know of many that constantly lurk on it to find stuff to complain about, if I were to believe everything on there, then Hodgsons Coaches would only be operating the 17 in Aycliffe for about 2 days a month and others not running some days, in that case, its been no ticket machine or some tracking issue.

Has to be an IRL experience for me to even think of complaining about as I can't say what's occurred for certain if I'm unable to witness it for myself.

(24 Mar 2023, 2:26 pm)Jimmi It feels like some transport orgs have just given up and won't take action for repeated violations of contracts, I've heard a few accounts of complaints about services not running (or running late / other issues) and feels like nothing gets done, they often tell you to complain directly to the operators which some aren't likely to take seriously.

The latter is my guess, I know of many that constantly lurk on it to find stuff to complain about, if I were to believe everything on there, then Hodgsons Coaches would only be operating the 17 in Aycliffe for about 2 days a month and others not running some days, in that case, its been no ticket machine or some tracking issue.

Has to be an IRL experience for me to even think of complaining about as I can't say what's occurred for certain if I'm unable to witness it for myself.

Absolutely. Bustimes and open data in general is great for stuff tracking, but something not tracking shouldn't be taken as non-operation. My 2A yesterday morning wasn't tracking correctly, and even showing in the GNE app as not being tracked, but it still turned up on time.

Even operators with the most modern fleet in the North East are going to have technical issues from time to time.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - F114TML - 24 Mar 2023

Don't nexus contracts specify the bus has to track? So even if they did actually run but not track, they'd still be breaking the contract...

(24 Mar 2023, 3:09 pm)F114TML Don't nexus contracts specify the bus has to track? So even if they did actually run but not track, they'd still be breaking the contract...

Yes, but then you have a scenario of whether you take the bus off the road to fix the reason why the ETM isn't tracking, or you run the bus without it tracking. The penalty for the former is likely to be greater than the latter.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - F114TML - 24 Mar 2023

(24 Mar 2023, 3:12 pm)Adrian Yes, but then you have a scenario of whether you take the bus off the road to fix the reason why the ETM isn't tracking, or you run the bus without it tracking. The penalty for the former is likely to be greater than the latter.
You don't need to take the bus off, just replace the ETM. At least that's how we work, idk about Ticketer. On our buses it takes all of about 3 minutes.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - NEbushopper - 24 Mar 2023

(24 Mar 2023, 2:37 pm)Adrian Absolutely. Bustimes and open data in general is great for stuff tracking, but something not tracking shouldn't be taken as non-operation. My 2A yesterday morning wasn't tracking correctly, and even showing in the GNE app as not being tracked, but it still turned up on time.

Even operators with the most modern fleet in the North East are going to have technical issues from time to time.

I know the 416/417/436 cycle of Morpeth services do not track on bustimes. Unure why, bus probally just dont have the tracking equipment.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - logidoodah - 24 Mar 2023

(22 Mar 2023, 10:33 am)F114TML That's nothing. There's some routes that don't see a service at all for the whole day.
The R5 last week only ran on 3 of the 6 days it's meant to, and even then only on the Thursday did all journeys run...

It doesn't matter how 'big or small' the impact on passengers are. It's still an impact, breach of contract and loss of trust in bus services overall. 

Just to be clear I was waiting for the bus and accepted Bustimes isnt 100% accurate most of the time and it never turned up. I spoke to someone else who gets this service (well I guess no more as the contract is cancelled as of an hour ago) and they said that they waited 20+ mins. I worked out this was the same board as me at the run of the day, I went for one of the first ones. Therefore worked out there was only one bus on a PVR of 2 do that day.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Unber43 - 24 Mar 2023

(24 Mar 2023, 3:42 pm)F114TML You don't need to take the bus off, just replace the ETM. At least that's how we work, idk about Ticketer. On our buses it takes all of about 3 minutes.
Ticketer machines take about the same aswell.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - BusLoverMum - 27 Mar 2023

This passed me, this morning. Not seen any mention of it, here. 
.png
Screenshot_20230327-125703.png
Size 240.93 KB / Downloads 40

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Unber43 - 27 Mar 2023

Was GCT able to operate all of their services today?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Retro Nero - 27 Mar 2023

Noticed today that one of there new 23 reg Ivecos has an amber coloured destination screen compared to the other 23 plated with white screens. Sorry I , didn't get reg.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 27 Mar 2023

(27 Mar 2023, 6:01 pm)Retro Nero Noticed today that one of there new 23 reg Ivecos has an amber coloured destination screen compared to the other 23 plated with white screens. Sorry I , didn't get reg.
That one is RO23OFH.

The four 23 plates are:
RO23OFT
RO23OFH
RO23OFB
RV23EZT

They've been used on 42 & 61/62 in Durham plus the 71 (example on the 42 during the day, has gone on to do the evening 71 trips tonight).

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Thomas12 - 27 Mar 2023

(27 Mar 2023, 2:58 pm)Unber43 Was GCT able to operate all of their services today?

It seems so, surprisingly. 

Whether or not that will continue is another story.

In comparison, Stagecoach Newcastle have a few trips cancelled on the 12, 22 and 40 tonight - just after taking the evening 54 contract on!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - BusLoverMum - 30 Mar 2023

Wibblejunior and I managed to catch the ilebus/iveco on the 62, this morning. Cramped is putting it mildly. I struggled, even with my short legs and there isn't much aisle space between the front most seats.

The driver's cab has screens up which cross the entire front of the bus and the ticket machine is in an awkward position for both driver (has to turn) and passenger (has to reach) as a result.

I still have Avril Lavigne rattling around my head from the on bus radio, though Big Grin

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - streetdeckfan - 30 Mar 2023

(30 Mar 2023, 2:53 pm)BusLoverMum Wibblejunior and I managed to catch the ilebus/iveco on the 62, this morning. Cramped is putting it mildly. I struggled, even with my short legs and there isn't much aisle space between the front most seats.

The driver's cab has screens up which cross the entire front of the bus and the ticket machine is in an awkward position for both driver (has to turn) and passenger (has to reach) as a result.

I still have Avril Lavigne rattling around my head from the on bus radio, though Big Grin

Don't they need a license to play music?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - idiot - 30 Mar 2023

79 didn't run all morning today

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - idiot - 30 Mar 2023

79 didn't run all morning today.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Busu284 - 17 May 2023

Simply words

What the hell has happened to the 19 today