North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 25 Oct 2023

(25 Oct 2023, 10:14 am)Andreos1 But do you have a mysterious leg injury that you 'don't like talking about'?

I didn't watch the likely lads so that's a wooooosh!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Retro Nero - 25 Oct 2023

(25 Oct 2023, 9:24 am)MurdnunoC Reminds me of this....

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where about James Bolam is standing when this is filmed...I can remember a gentleman telling me years ago it was somewhere in Gateshead ( obviously the actual street is no longer there) ,

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MurdnunoC - 25 Oct 2023

(25 Oct 2023, 11:00 am)Retro Nero Does anyone know where about James Bolam is standing when this is filmed...I can remember a gentleman telling me years ago it was somewhere in Gateshead ( obviously the actual street is no longer there) ,
Before the interchange and other various civic buildings were erected in Central Gatehsead, it was occupied by rows of streets with terraced housing, not unlike Walker Terrace and Regent Terrace which survive as examples.

While I don't know the exact location, the housing stock does look similar so I'd guess it would be around there - if filmed Gatehsead.

(25 Oct 2023, 11:11 am)MurdnunoC Before the interchange and other various civic buildings were erected in Central Gatehsead, it was occupied by rows of streets with terraced housing, not unlike Walker Terrace and Regent Terrace which survive as examples.

While I don't know the exact location, the housing stock does look similar so I'd guess it would be around there - if filmed Gatehsead.

Ah ok, I know the house in Get Carter ( Michael Caine coming out of with nothing on  but a gun ) is still there.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 25 Oct 2023

(25 Oct 2023, 11:00 am)Retro Nero Does anyone know where about James Bolam is standing when this is filmed...I can remember a gentleman telling me years ago it was somewhere in Gateshead ( obviously the actual street is no longer there) ,

According to the Chronicle the James Bolam bus scene was in Commercial Road, Byker.

Then and Now: A famous Newcastle scene from TV's Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? - Chronicle Live

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MurdnunoC - 25 Oct 2023

(25 Oct 2023, 11:19 am)GuyParkRoyal According to the Chronicle the James Bolam bus scene was in Commercial Road, Byker.

Then and Now: A famous Newcastle scene from TV's Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? - Chronicle Live
I think in the back of my mind, I knew the location was either Byker, Walker, or Wallsend so I've either read that article before or someone has told me. However, I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't want to outright dismiss Gatehsead as the location as filming did definitely take place in the borough (A house at the end of Delacor Road in Blaydon provides the location for Terry's sister's house, for example).

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 25 Oct 2023

(25 Oct 2023, 11:19 am)GuyParkRoyal According to the Chronicle the James Bolam bus scene was in Commercial Road, Byker.

Was just about to share this.

Thanks for that ?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 28 Oct 2023

Would have been this stop - https://www.google.com/maps/@54.9721894,-1.5789391,3a,75y,120.55h,80.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfmOT0852Zb9ttWCWFEGqrw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 30 Oct 2023

after weeks/months of using GCT to get to work from my new penthouse the last two weeks the operator has been a bit "sketchy" to say the least.  Last week the bus drives past me at the bus stop.  Friday once again got my hand out and he has to slam on the breaks to stop and then gave me such a funny look as if i was in the wrong.  Then this morning the bus wasn't tracking on bus times and didn't turn up at all.  I found out it was due to a puncture
 !

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 30 Oct 2023

(30 Oct 2023, 11:31 am)Rob44 after weeks/months of using GCT to get to work from my new penthouse the last two weeks the operator has been a bit "sketchy" to say the least.  Last week the bus drives past me at the bus stop.  Friday once again got my hand out and he has to slam on the breaks to stop and then gave me such a funny look as if i was in the wrong.  Then this morning the bus wasn't tracking on bus times and didn't turn up at all. I found out it was due to a puncher ! 

I'll get in before anyone else does... 

I hate it when someone hits the bus.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MurdnunoC - 30 Oct 2023

(30 Oct 2023, 11:31 am)Rob44 after weeks/months of using GCT to get to work from my new penthouse the last two weeks the operator has been a bit "sketchy" to say the least.  Last week the bus drives past me at the bus stop.  Friday once again got my hand out and he has to slam on the breaks to stop and then gave me such a funny look as if i was in the wrong.  Then this morning the bus wasn't tracking on bus times and didn't turn up at all.  I found out it was due to a puncher !

Who was the puncher? The driver, the passenger, or some random member of the public who happened to be passing by?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 30 Oct 2023

nee nar nee nar the spelling police have arrived LOL. Some compassion due to my 3.28 mile walk to work would be nice!!!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 30 Oct 2023

(30 Oct 2023, 11:40 am)MurdnunoC Who was the puncher? The driver, the passenger, or some random member of the public who happened to be passing by?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 30 Oct 2023

I remember when someone punched an Omnicity at the MetroCentre Bus Rally.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 03 Nov 2023

just got back from Manchester last night and back to work today. My normal GCT bus that i get was rammed!!! The ex croc also said when she picked me up on Monday to take me home that she passed a 67/68 on way toward old Durham road from felling and it was standing room only. I did wonder when GNE were striking for just a week at a time whether punters realised these services existed??

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 03 Nov 2023

(03 Nov 2023, 2:59 pm)Rob44 just got back from Manchester last night and back to work today.  My normal GCT bus that i get was rammed!!!  The ex croc also said when she picked me up on Monday to take me home that she passed a 67/68 on way toward old Durham road from felling and it was standing room only.  I did wonder when GNE were striking for just a  week at a time whether punters realised these services existed??

They'll have realised, without a doubt, but there's no brand loyalty with public transport users. Most just want to get from A to B in as little time possible, on the first vehicle that turns up.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Coastliner700 - 07 Nov 2023

(03 Nov 2023, 5:22 pm)Adrian They'll have realised, without a doubt, but there's no brand loyalty with public transport users. Most just want to get from A to B in as little time possible, on the first vehicle that turns up.

Yes exactly and I think this is what GNE have failed to notice in the past! Thinking these branded buses would attract other companies passengers when the areas have been stitched up for years very little crossover!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - idiot - 07 Nov 2023

I'll never forget the 36 in North Sunderland...

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 07 Nov 2023

war there something up with GCT this morning. Every bus seemed to be rerunning late? The 69/515 that i can get up to old Durham road were both over 20 minutes late at some point so had to ring the EX croc to pick me up!