North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 07 Nov 2023

(07 Nov 2023, 1:36 pm)Rob44 war there something up with GCT this morning. Every bus seemed to be rerunning late? The 69/515 that i can get up to old Durham road were both over 20 minutes late at some point so had to ring the EX croc to pick me up! 

It sounds like you two see each other more than you did before splitting up. 

You two should try again.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 07 Nov 2023

(07 Nov 2023, 1:56 pm)Andreos1 It sounds like you two see each other more than you did before splitting up. 

You two should try again.

Her choice to split not mine.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Arriva7446 - 29 Nov 2023

Looking at the fleet list for GCT on bustimes there are a few things I find confusing like how some of their buses are out all day every day but some of them seem to get no use whatsoever. So Streetlites 301 and 308 MOT's have both expired and have not been used by GCT in a long time. Seems a waste for them to keep these buses if they are not in use and if they have no plans for them you would think they would put them up for sale as they are still fairly new buses and would be better to sell them than have them doing nothing. Solo 309 and Streetlite 311 are still active but seem to get very little use. 311 was on the X46 on November 4th as suggested by ticket machine data (and a photo to back this up) but has not been used since and before November 4th was last used in August. Seems such a waste to use this bus so little and its only 4 years old. Is 311 really barely used like the ticket machine data suggests or do they use it elsewhere on private hires etc. Same applies to Solo 309 which I had a couple of times on the 342 over the summer (not tracking) but not seen it since. I just don't understand why GCT have some modern buses which are barely used whereas it is usually the same vehicle every single day on the boards I use. Was 319 on the 342 board I used every day for about a month until it looks to have broke down on Nov 20th and has been a bit of variety since but now 317 again for a few days.

Interesting reading about early running here. That is the only complaint I have about GCT as the 342 has recently been running 3 - 4 mins early quite a bit which is frustrating as there is just no need for this at all. Other than that I find their buses comfortable and smooth and generally clean and well kept. I prefer the Enviro 200 MMC's 318 - 324 which have slightly better seat arrangement (including full height seats in the back row) compared to 312 - 317. Not been on 320 or 322 though ever as these seem to be always on the 67 / 69 but have had all the others 312 - 324 at least once and 309. The Mellor Strata aren't brilliant but these are not often found on the 342 now.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Storx - 29 Nov 2023

(29 Nov 2023, 8:16 pm)Arriva7446 Looking at the fleet list for GCT on bustimes there are a few things I find confusing like how some of their buses are out all day every day but some of them seem to get no use whatsoever. So Streetlites 301 and 308 MOT's have both expired and have not been used by GCT in a long time. Seems a waste for them to keep these buses if they are not in use and if they have no plans for them you would think they would put them up for sale as they are still fairly new buses and would be better to sell them than have them doing nothing. Solo 309 and Streetlite 311 are still active but seem to get very little use. 311 was on the X46 on November 4th as suggested by ticket machine data (and a photo to back this up) but has not been used since and before November 4th was last used in August. Seems such a waste to use this bus so little and its only 4 years old. Is 311 really barely used like the ticket machine data suggests or do they use it elsewhere on private hires etc. Same applies to Solo 309 which I had a couple of times on the 342 over the summer (not tracking) but not seen it since. I just don't understand why GCT have some modern buses which are barely used whereas it is usually the same vehicle every single day on the boards I use. Was 319 on the 342 board I used every day for about a month until it looks to have broke down on Nov 20th and has been a bit of variety since but now 317 again for a few days.

Interesting reading about early running here. That is the only complaint I have about GCT as the 342 has recently been running 3 - 4 mins early quite a bit which is frustrating as there is just no need for this at all. Other than that I find their buses comfortable and smooth and generally clean and well kept. I prefer the Enviro 200 MMC's 318 - 324 which have slightly better seat arrangement (including full height seats in the back row) compared to 312 - 317. Not been on 320 or 322 though ever as these seem to be always on the 67 / 69 but have had all the others 312 - 324 at least once and 309. The Mellor Strata aren't brilliant but these are not often found on the 342 now.

As far as I'm aware the GCT fleet is hard allocated so each route is allocated specific buses rather than bus types. It's been a bit all over since the GNE strike but some are:

X46: 310
19: 323/324 + 1 other, believe it's 313
67/69: 320/321/322 + 1 other, believe it's 316

When there's breakdowns though everything goes all over the place and they seem to prioritising the 67/69/342 avoiding the breadvans currently, no doubt due to the strike.

Edit: Quick looking through Bustimes it seems the 3 main buses for the 342 are 312/314/319 which leaves 315/317/318 as spares which used to be the 335 allocation.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 02 Dec 2023

Drove past the Gateshead Central Bus depot on Friday and it looks like they had a bit of a clearout of scrap vehicles leaving just mainly the current fleet.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - NEbushopper - 01 Jan 2024

Can you scan the TNE day tickets brought on arriva/gne on Gateshead taxis?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Retro Nero - 01 Jan 2024

(01 Jan 2024, 8:49 pm)NEbushopper Can you scan the TNE day tickets brought on arriva/gne on Gateshead taxis?
Not all GCT buses ticket machine's have QR readers, they still have some buses fitted with the early ticketer machine's without QR readers. So you can just show your ticket as you would at a metro station.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 06 Mar 2024

got a lift to work with the ex crocodile - she saw the 69 turning off southend road and said that looks more like a ford transit then a bus and how are customers suppose to know when it white rather than red and grey!

Does she have a point??

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Storx - 06 Mar 2024

(06 Mar 2024, 6:40 pm)Rob44 got a lift to work with the ex crocodile - she saw the 69 turning off southend road and said that looks more like a ford transit then a bus and how are customers suppose to know when it white rather than red and grey!

Does she have a point??

One of the Iveco's I guess?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rob44 - 07 Mar 2024

(06 Mar 2024, 7:37 pm)Storx One of the Iveco's I guess?

no idea. 72 plate if thats any help.  I only know as i actually had to get it yesterday evening to wardly.  What a hunk of junk. Also didnt get a ticket as machine wasn't working!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Aaron21 - 07 Mar 2024

(07 Mar 2024, 8:58 am)Rob44 no idea. 72 plate if thats any help.  I only know as i actually had to get it yesterday evening to wardly.  What a hunk of junk. Also didnt get a ticket as machine wasn't working!
Yea Iveco. Gct don't issue tickets 99% of the time cause either there broken or drivers just don't care. Gct has been a company who don't care and cut corners. Yet to see them run a good service. I remember when they were stripped of the 18/18A/32/32A back a few years ago cause of how badly they were running it. Goes to show nexus now don't care. Can't wait to see the way they run services now since they now need 13 buses in North Tyneside all together

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Storx - 07 Mar 2024

(07 Mar 2024, 8:58 am)Rob44 no idea. 72 plate if thats any help.  I only know as i actually had to get it yesterday evening to wardly.  What a hunk of junk. Also didnt get a ticket as machine wasn't working!

Aye it would've been, it's been on the 19 a few times lately, never been on it, but seen it around. First time, i thought Phoenix have gotten lost here as they're the same on the 58 sometimes.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Aaron21 - 13 Mar 2024

Nexus timetable changes are coming out now. The 19 got a registration change. Nexus timetable suggests

The 19 to Ashington on the morning and evening have been withdrawn

19 will now serve the Cramlington Hospital

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Coastliner700 - 20 Mar 2024

Two new E200MMCs in service today one on 342 other on 19.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 20 Mar 2024

(20 Mar 2024, 11:36 am)Coastliner700 Two new E200MMCs in service today one on 342 other on 19.

Now taken off the 342, replaced with RV23 EZT at Killingworth towards Wallsend at 11:11.

Do these look the same as the E200 MMCs already in the GCT fleet?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - nova347 - 20 Mar 2024

Both seem to have broken down

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 20 Mar 2024

(20 Mar 2024, 11:46 am)nova347 Both seem to have broken down

Terrific start! Makes sense to why they've entered service before the changes from this  Sunday though.

Gateshead Central Taxis - pbjd - 20 Mar 2024

(20 Mar 2024, 11:46 am)nova347 Both seem to have broken down

SK24 CTU was expired at Percy Majn this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Aaron21 - 20 Mar 2024

There 2 white MMC. Short length version same ad the YX20s

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Arriva7446 - 21 Mar 2024

They have the same interior as the 21 plates, with full size seats throughout including in the back row, but don't appear to have USB's (not at the back of the bus anyway). These have engine start / stop with Voith Gearbox, the older 20 and 21 plates were all Allison gearbox with no start / stop.