North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - BJ10VUS - 31 Jul 2014

(31 Jul 2014, 5:51 pm)aureolin Collage? Is that an idea for a new brand?

Seems to be going the wrong way as well, if there's Hebburn College, then Hebburn (something else)? Seems odd the displays for the 'R' services are fairly decent, but the 515 and 558 ones are a mess.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Panasonic44 - 31 Jul 2014

I tried to look for 515 timetable but its missing from nexus website. Also it no-longer stops at Hebburn Town Centre. Shame.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - gtom - 31 Jul 2014

(31 Jul 2014, 6:24 pm)GuyParkRoyal With the number of non compliances that we have seen this week it concerns me that this business are taking on 8 school services. I think Nexus need to be monitoring this supplier very closely.
I wonder how they are progressing in sourcing vehicles for the school runs along with staff that have the appropriate clearance for school services.

Surely Phoenix must get fined every day for the non Nexus branded solo on the 23?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - BJ10VUS - 31 Jul 2014

(31 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm)Panasonic44 I tried to look for 515 timetable but its missing from nexus website. Also it no-longer stops at Hebburn Town Centre. Shame.

It's exactly the same route and timetable. If it's gone the wrong way, it's off route! The timetable isn't on the Nexus website for some reason, but you can find it through a Google search.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 31 Jul 2014

(31 Jul 2014, 7:56 pm)gtom Surely Phoenix must get fined every day for the non Nexus branded solo on the 23?

Depends on the contract.

The contract for the last lot of tenders (i.e. 37/73, 515/558, 38C, 135/136 etc) had nothing in them about vehicles having to carry Nexus livery.

(31 Jul 2014, 8:03 pm)BJ10VUS It's exactly the same route and timetable. If it's gone the wrong way, it's off route! The timetable isn't on the Nexus website for some reason, but you can find it through a Google search.

Their no timetable @ Hebburn town Centre stop plus 515 didn't turn up.

Also does any1 know cost from Hebburn to Heworth single?

Thanks.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 31 Jul 2014

Here is the page with the 515 timetable on it.
http://www.nexus.org.uk/515-0

Thank You, Jimmi.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 09 Aug 2014

GCT need to improve their route learning based on today’s 515 from Heworth at 11.07. YJ10MBF took the correct route into Hebburn along Victoria Road West, it should then have carried on to Victoria Road East but GCT got it wrong and turned into Station Road.
The 515 passed ASDA went over the railway bridge then came back a few minutes later heading in the correct direction along Station Road and turned right to Victoria Road West towards Heworth.
In the short time that the bus was out of sight from Station Road it could only have got as far as Argyle Street before turning round and coming back. So any passengers waiting on Victoria Road East or Black Road would have been left standing.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 22 Aug 2014

I noticed an Enviro 200 registration KX58BGY in the yard of GCT this afternoon with a VOR sign on it I assume this must be a new addition to their fleet.
Still no sign of any vehicles to cover the school contracts that they have picked up.

Re: RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 22 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 3:53 pm)GuyParkRoyal I noticed an Enviro 200 registration KX58BGY in the yard of GCT this afternoon with a VOR sign on it I assume this must be a new addition to their fleet.
Still no sign of any vehicles to cover the school contracts that they have picked up.
Or their operator licence being amended to accommodate the extra vehicles at their operating centres.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Malarkey - 22 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 3:57 pm)aureolin Or their operator licence being amended to accommodate the extra vehicles at their operating centres.

I got a Photo of it also, they could quite easily fit in more Vehicles but I think that site is being shared with another Company alongside GCT.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimz13 - 26 Aug 2014

Have they still got Volvo B6 Alx200 or has it gone cause I've not seen it

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 10:30 am)jaimz13 Have they still got Volvo B6 Alx200 or has it gone cause I've not seen it

The Volvo B6 was in the compound at Stoneygate Lane last Friday it appears not to have been moved since it arrived there in July.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 26 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 3:53 pm)GuyParkRoyal I noticed an Enviro 200 registration KX58BGY in the yard of GCT this afternoon with a VOR sign on it I assume this must be a new addition to their fleet.

There is an Enviro on the 37 just now, Concord bound.
If it is the same one, it isn't VOR anymore.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimz13 - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 3:52 pm)GuyParkRoyal The Volvo B6 was in the compound at Stoneygate Lane last Friday it appears not to have been moved since it arrived there in July.

Are they ever gunna use it what buses been used on R3\R4

Used the 37 for the first time since the contract changes tonight.

Waited for a few mins in Concord and saw the Solo arrive on the 73.
After a quick driver changeover, it pulled around onto the correct stand.

The Solo was smart, clean and airy inside with me being the only passenger between Concord and Peel Retail Park, when a Conc and Network Travelticket were presented.
These passengers departed at the Galleries.

By the time it arrived at the Galleries, there were 3 other passengers, all using Network Traveltickets.
The driver dived off after all of the passengers at the Galleries drop off point, for a quick puff of his rollie.

A handful of other passengers all got on at the Galleries, all but one used a pass of one type or another.
The reader worked great.

Approaching Biddick Woods, I was getting ready to get off - when I realised he wasn't going to enter the estate.
A quick shout down to the driver, resulted in him more or less doing a handbrake turn around the roundabout and back into the estate.
The understeer before this point was bad - was expecting a horse to come flying through the window at this point!

Had a quick word with the driver from my seat at the back, to which everyone agreed and he apologised for not going into the estate, however he blamed me for not pressing the bell.
If anyone knows the stop, you realise there is no need to press the bell whilst on the main road!
He also stated he only goes into the estate, if he can see someone standing (or presumably if someone presses the bell at some point on the Washington Highway!)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Malarkey - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Used the 37 for the first time since the contract changes tonight.

Waited for a few mins in Concord and saw the Solo arrive on the 73.
After a quick driver changeover, it pulled around onto the correct stand.

The Solo was smart, clean and airy inside with me being the only passenger between Concord and Peel Retail Park, when a Conc and Network Travelticket were presented.
These passengers departed at the Galleries.

By the time it arrived at the Galleries, there were 3 other passengers, all using Network Traveltickets.
The driver dived off after all of the passengers at the Galleries drop off point, for a quick puff of his rollie.

A handful of other passengers all got on at the Galleries, all but one used a pass of one type or another.
The reader worked great.

Approaching Biddick Woods, I was getting ready to get off - when I realised he wasn't going to enter the estate.
A quick shout down to the driver, resulted in him more or less doing a handbrake turn around the roundabout and back into the estate.
The understeer before this point was bad - was expecting a horse to come flying through the window at this point!

Had a quick word with the driver from my seat at the back, to which everyone agreed and he apologised for not going into the estate, however he blamed me for not pressing the bell.
If anyone knows the stop, you realise there is no need to press the bell whilst on the main road!
He also stated he only goes into the estate, if he can see someone standing (or presumably if someone presses the bell at some point on the Washington Highway!)

Driver should serve the Estate regardless as it is part of the Route, how are you as the Passenger supposed to know he/she is going to skip that stop, you are not a bloody mind reader, and why would any passenger press the bell to get off on Washington Highwayman, I would argue that pressing the Bell just before the Roundabout for Biddick Woods is perfectly acceptable, I would perhaps complain to Nexus about this.

(26 Aug 2014, 6:36 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Driver should serve the Estate regardless as it is part of the Route, how are you as the Passenger supposed to know he/she is going to skip that stop, you are not a bloody mind reader, and why would any passenger press the bell to get off on Washington Highwayman, I would argue that pressing the Bell just before the Roundabout for Biddick Woods is perfectly acceptable, I would perhaps complain to Nexus about this.

He isn't the only one to have missed it.
Another operator often had drivers who would double around the roundabout or drive straight past it.

They no longer operate commercial services to the estate and lost a Nexus contract to serve the estate recently.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 7:00 pm)Andreos Constantopolous He isn't the only one to have missed it.
Another operator often had drivers who would double around the roundabout or drive straight past it.

They no longer operate commercial services to the estate and lost a Nexus contract to serve the estate recently.

Was an issue as far back as the days of the X90 too. The drivers should be serving the estate as they don't know whether or not someone is waiting for the bus. Arriva got a telling off about doing this on the M2/M3, as they were having a quick glance rather than serve the 'Savacentre' stops in the car park. Two occasions I had one go straight past me without doing the loop, which resulted in a complaint direct to Nexus.