North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 28 Mar 2015

Blue, Bluebirdy type vehicle on Sainsburys shuttle had an accident with a tyre earlier.
Saw it getting a replacement at Allerdene, heading towards the Gold Medal.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - omnicity4659 - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 8:26 am)Scott There doesn't appear to be any brake lights on in the picture, just the right indicator.

The indicator will appear in the white part iirc.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 8:26 am)Scott There doesn't appear to be any brake lights on in the picture, just the right indicator.
The right break light was working but the left wasn't.

Also this is one issue with taxis doing "bus" services is that people will get out wherever they want, so the two passengers who are alighting couldn't be bothered to wait until the bus could pull up somewhere safe and got out there, or the GCT driver told them to get out there.

I find taxis being allocated to bus services no matter how many passengers it carries to be totally wrong as you could easily let the "bus" go past as you see a taxi coming towards you so you naturally assume it is a taxi because all there is to identify it is that service is a few white stickers with the Nexus Buses logo on with the service number. Also in a taxi people can open the doors where they want (unless they are locked) so people could think this is close enough I'll get out here and may potentially get out somewhere dangerous.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 10:18 am)Jimmi The right break light was working but the left wasn't.

Also this is one issue with taxis doing "bus" services is that people will get out wherever they want, so the two passengers who are alighting couldn't be bothered to wait until the bus could pull up somewhere safe and got out there, or the GCT driver told them to get out there.

I find taxis being allocated to bus services no matter how many passengers it carries to be totally wrong as you could easily let the "bus" go past as you see a taxi coming towards you so you naturally assume it is a taxi because all there is to identify it is that service is a few white stickers with the Nexus Buses logo on with the service number. Also in a taxi people can open the doors where they want (unless they are locked) so people could think this is close enough I'll get out here and may potentially get out somewhere dangerous.

I have often let taxibuses pass, not realising it was a taxibus, until it was too late.

However, to give the driver his/her due, the light could have popped at any stage of the journey.
It is still an offence, but providing they were working when the pre-drive checks were done, then the driver would have no reason to think they had popped.
It happens to all of the operators.

Doors in those sorts of vehicles are generally controlled by the driver, with the release mechanism operated at the drivers volition.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 24 Apr 2015

Does anyone know where the depot is 

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Malarkey - 24 Apr 2015

(24 Apr 2015, 6:35 pm)jaimzm Does anyone know where the depot is 

Between Heworth Metro and Felling Metro, on Stoneygate Road.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 24 Apr 2015

(24 Apr 2015, 6:55 pm)Malarkey Between Heworth Metro and Felling Metro, on Stoneygate Road.

Thank you 

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 05 May 2015

Trident / President LT02ZZR is VOR in the GCT yard at Felling with the front N/S quater panel and headlight missing so GCT in their wisdom sent out the Streetlite WF on the Scholars 874 this afternoon. Considering the Trident seats 73 plus 25 standing sending a 33 seater subsitute vehicle seems ridiculous.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Davie - 05 May 2015

(05 May 2015, 4:14 pm)GuyParkRoyal Trident / President LT02ZZR is VOR in the GCT yard at Felling with the front N/S quater panel and headlight missing so GCT in their wisdom sent out the Streetlite WF on the Scholars 874 this afternoon. Considering the Trident seats 73 plus 25 standing sending a 33 seater subsitute vehicle seems ridiculous.

I bet that's fun for the children

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 07 May 2015

i think their streetlite must have left the fleet cause its back up for rental http://www.mistral-bus.com/used-bus/10-plate-8-8m-streetlite/

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MurdnunoC - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 2:53 pm)jaimzm i think their streetlite must have left the fleet cause its back up for rental http://www.mistral-bus.com/used-bus/10-plate-8-8m-streetlite/

Is £65,000 a good price for a 5 year-old Streetlite?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 3:24 pm)MurdnunoC Is £65,000 a good price for a 5 year-old Streetlite?

An 11.5m Micro-Hybrid Streetlite comes in anywhere between £150,000 and £165,000. The former quoted price being your bog-standard, run-of-the-mill variants. The latter being to a premium specification - to a slightly higher specification than Go North East's new examples.

You can expect the price to drop a little for 10.8m variants, and again for anything smaller.

With the above example just being 8.8m to a bog-standard specification, I'd suggest that's probably well-priced.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 3:24 pm)MurdnunoC Is £65,000 a good price for a 5 year-old Streetlite?

it is wish i had the money for it hahaha

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 2:53 pm)jaimzm i think their streetlite must have left the fleet cause its back up for rental http://www.mistral-bus.com/used-bus/10-plate-8-8m-streetlite/

It has not yet left the fleet as it was on the 874 yesterday and in the depot this morning. I would assume that it has been put on notice to be off hired.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 13 May 2015

has GCT ever used the Volvo B6 

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 13 May 2015

GCT Streetlite was out on the 71A this evening.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 14 May 2015

(13 May 2015, 10:02 pm)GMitchelhill GCT Streetlite was out on the 71A this evening.

It's been kicking about on the 73 a bit too recently. Guessing a Solo is on long-term VOR and they've had to lease the Streetlite again.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 26 May 2015

A new 15 plate ADL Enviro 200 in white has arrived at Central Taxis depot.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 26 May 2015

(26 May 2015, 3:09 pm)GuyParkRoyal A new 15 plate ADL Enviro 200 in white has arrived at Central Taxis depot.

A demo or is it a buy? 

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 26 May 2015

(26 May 2015, 3:10 pm)Michael A demo or is it a buy? 

Not sure I will try to find out on Friday but could be a replacement for the Streetlite as the ticket machine has just been transferred from the Streetlite to the E200.