North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 15 Jul 2015

Wonder what the contracts stipulate for regards to minimum passenger capacity on their school contracts as I have seen photos of the Enviro 200 and Nexus branded Solo SR's on the 874, not sure of the capacity this service has a minimum of what it can carry.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Davie - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 5:46 pm)S813 FVK Is it MX60 BXD then? Thought that was going.

Yes, it was on the 73 on saturday https://flic.kr/p/vFyLFb

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - tyresmoke - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 5:48 pm)Jimmi Wonder what the contracts stipulate for regards to minimum passenger capacity on their school contracts as I have seen photos of the Enviro 200 and Nexus branded Solo SR's on the 874, not sure of the capacity this service has a minimum of what it can carry.

Nexus tend to tender for capacity 44, 60 or 84. Streetlite/E200 would only meet the smallest of those.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 15 Jul 2015

(15 Jul 2015, 5:46 pm)S813 FVK Is it MX60 BXD then? Thought that was going.

Yes - that vehicle is still in the fleet. See photo here.

(15 Jul 2015, 5:48 pm)Jimmi Wonder what the contracts stipulate for regards to minimum passenger capacity on their school contracts as I have seen photos of the Enviro 200 and Nexus branded Solo SR's on the 874, not sure of the capacity this service has a minimum of what it can carry.

As far as I am aware, Gateshead Central Taxis were awarded with four scholars (which may comprise of several individual services) contracts last August, and the end date for these contracts are all September 2017.

These contracts all stipulate the use of a low-floor Euro 4 vehicle. Two of the contracts have a minimum capacity of 60, while the other two have a minimum capacity of 84. The use of minibuses on their scholars services is quite common (Guy Park Royal has photographed quite a few examples of this happening now) and I also saw a "Nexus" branded Solo SR out of service prior to performing a scholars service on Saltmeadows Road when the demonstrator ADL E400MMC was delivered to Go North East the other day.

Whilst it's always nice for us enthusiasts to see smaller independents growing and making a name for themselves (hopefully in a positive light), these smaller companies also face issues when their vehicles are off the road, as they won't have an endless supply of vehicles which meet the contract specification. Not only does this put the customer at a disadvantage, but the company also has to pay a penalty fine for allocating a non-compliant vehicle.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 15 Jul 2015

With regards to Gateshead Central Taxis currently holding four miscellaneous workings contracts; as noted within this post, Gateshead Central Taxis' PVR is to increase by 5 vehicles in September 2015.

I would assume that further vehicles are on the horizon for the new school term, and Gateshead Central Taxis' operating license would have to increase from 28 vehicles to at least 31, judging by the amount of vehicles on our fleet list.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 16 Jul 2015

Regards to the Metrocity Demo that was GCT, it seems it was only here for inspection. As the demo has turned up with an operator called Citistar who are based near Bath.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 16 Jul 2015

so what will they use on service 23 will it be either E200 or Streetlite cause its looking that way then again could be worse could of got primo hahahahaha

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - LeeCalder - 27 Jul 2015

Gateshead Central Taxis are using SF14 HAE (Fiat Bluebird / Orion Plus) on service 23.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - DanPicken - 27 Jul 2015

(27 Jul 2015, 9:01 am)LeeCalder Gateshead Central Taxis are using SF14 HAE (Fiat Bluebird / Orion Plus) on service 23.
They better not put that on my scholars!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - omnicity4659 - 27 Jul 2015

How many courier vehicles do GCT have? I've saw one three times in Morpeth and Ashington (including my street!).

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 27 Jul 2015

(27 Jul 2015, 9:01 am)LeeCalder Gateshead Central Taxis are using SF14 HAE (Fiat Bluebird / Orion Plus) on service 23.

[Image: 19873855069_86ae8cdee7.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF14 HAE by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

Primo looks like the better option Lee Tongue

Also this particular example is NOT on the NEB fleet list.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - tyresmoke - 27 Jul 2015

(27 Jul 2015, 6:41 pm)Jimmi [Image: 19873855069_86ae8cdee7.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF14 HAE by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

Is now  Wink

(27 Jul 2015, 6:41 pm)Jimmi [Image: 19873855069_86ae8cdee7.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF14 HAE by Jimmi's Bus Photos, on Flickr

They might want to sort that blind out as well because the terminus point is Barley Mow Estate, not Lansbury Drive, which is about 10 minutes away from the actual destination.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 27 Jul 2015

(27 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm)LeeCalder They might want to sort that blind out as well because the terminus point is Barley Mow Estate, not Lansbury Drive, which is about 10 minutes away from the actual destination.

My knowledge of the route and terminus' of this service is pretty much non-existent, didn't even know the 23 went to Washington Galleries until I viewed the timetable the other day Big Grin

Although I think Phoenix used to show Barley Mow Estate.

(27 Jul 2015, 8:35 pm)Jimmi My knowledge of the route and terminus' of this service is pretty much non-existent, didn't even know the 23 went to Washington Galleries until I viewed the timetable the other day Big Grin

I live about a minute away from the 23 route. Lansbury Drive is on the other side of Birtley to Barley Mow.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - S813 FVK - 27 Jul 2015

(27 Jul 2015, 8:35 pm)Jimmi My knowledge of the route and terminus' of this service is pretty much non-existent, didn't even know the 23 went to Washington Galleries until I viewed the timetable the other day Big Grin

So it Stanley Travel.

One bus does 2 loops around Birtley while the other goes to Washington and back. They then swap over (and are scheduled to pass at Birtley Crematorium which is why Stanley Travel chose to do their driver changeovers there as opposed to Barley Mow Estate) and the bus that has come from Washington does the Birtley loops and the other bus does Washington and back.

I don't know why i am boring you with all of this if you've seen the timetable. Getting good at making people look like thickos aren't i Tongue

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - omnicity4659 - 28 Jul 2015

(27 Jul 2015, 8:28 pm)LeeCalder They might want to sort that blind out as well because the terminus point is Barley Mow Estate, not Lansbury Drive, which is about 10 minutes away from the actual destination.

I'd actually take the Primo over the Bluebird, Lee...  Wink Hellish things.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - LeeCalder - 28 Jul 2015

I was told earlier that the Bluebird isn't actually up to the actual specification for the 23, does anyone know if this is true?

Gateshead Central Taxis - Blueiain - 29 Jul 2015

I spent 3 years driving the 23, for Metro Taxis, Malone Gdns to Vigo, I had Mercedes 220 out of Gateshead depot

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 19 Aug 2015

Something I don't believe that's been reported on here is that Gateshead Central Taxis currently have this demonstrator from Mellor.
[Image: 20715688921_6eb27aaac1.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SF15 JPV by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr