North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 20 May 2016

(20 May 2016, 4:09 pm)South Tyne Lad Looks Smart, Here to replace the E200 or is there a PVR increase?

PVR increase from 23 May with new Nexus Contract work on 92, 83A, 937, 927, 68 & 93A.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimzm - 23 May 2016

Dose 68 start today

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - northern156 - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 8:51 am)jaimzm Dose 68 start today

Please can we ask questions with manners?
Everyone on the forum has their own personal life and is not obliged to answer anything. Therefore please can we show a bit of common decency when asking for info.

Cheers.

(23 May 2016, 9:17 am)northern156 Please can we ask questions with manners?
Everyone on the forum has their own personal life and is not obliged to answer anything. Therefore please can we show a bit of common decency when asking for info.

Cheers.

I apologise

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 23 May 2016

Yes, Gateshead Central Taxis are operating service 68 from today. The new Streetlite is the allocated bus.

(23 May 2016, 12:42 pm)Dan Yes, Gateshead Central Taxis are operating service 68 from today. The new Streetlite is the allocated bus.

Thank you

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 12:42 pm)Dan Yes, Gateshead Central Taxis are operating service 68 from today. The new Streetlite is the allocated bus.

[Image: 27196349015_836cc92253.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: SL16YPE by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 31 May 2016

I had my first ride on SL16YPE this morning, as it operated the 83A from Heworth to Chester-le-Street. I was pleasantly surprised by the ride quality actually, and for a Streetlite, there's barely a rattle out of it. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet had this.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 31 May 2016

(31 May 2016, 5:05 pm)Adrian I had my first ride on SL16YPE this morning, as it operated the 83A from Heworth to Chester-le-Street. I was pleasantly surprised by the ride quality actually, and for a Streetlite, there's barely a rattle out of it. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet had this.

GCT aren't as bad as people make out are they? 

I had my first ride on a Bluebird on the R4 today and it was a nice clean bus, canny drivers and they even have the radio on! Can't fault them to be honest.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - biglugs@yahoo.com - 31 May 2016

Yy15gdk was on the 558 today

(31 May 2016, 5:07 pm)Tom GCT aren't as bad as people make out are they? 

I had my first ride on a Bluebird on the R4 today and it was a nice clean bus, canny drivers and they even have the radio on! Can't fault them to be honest.

I couldn't fault my journey if I'm honest. There was still confusion from a few customers unable to use their Key cards, but the driver was more than happy to politely explain it to them.

Oh and my journey was 50p cheaper too! Smile

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 31 May 2016

(31 May 2016, 5:05 pm)Adrian I had my first ride on SL16YPE this morning, as it operated the 83A from Heworth to Chester-le-Street. I was pleasantly surprised by the ride quality actually, and for a Streetlite, there's barely a rattle out of it. I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't yet had this.

Give it time to go over a few potholes to loosen things up a bit!  Wink

I wonder how many passengers are affected by BuzzFares no longer being valid on the 68 (and 83A, 937 and 93A)?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 31 May 2016

(31 May 2016, 5:10 pm)Dan Give it time to go over a few potholes to loosen things up a bit!  Wink

I wonder how many passengers are affected by BuzzFares no longer being valid on the 68 (and 83A, 937 and 93A)?

Well according to the GNE site, they still run the 68... lol

(31 May 2016, 5:10 pm)Dan Give it time to go over a few potholes to loosen things up a bit!  Wink

There were only two of us on board for most of my journey. There's usually around 10. I wasn't reading too much into it though, and putting it more down to being the day after a bank holiday + half term.

I do think that Nexus need to do more around secured services no longer accepting Buzzfare, Megarider, etc. Perhaps having an arrangement similar to what the Arriva 82/83s had for the entire route, along with through-ticketing connecting to/from the 4.

It's an aim and objective of Nexus to encourage people to choose public transport over their own cars, and I really feel that decisions such as this are counter to that objective.

Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 31 May 2016

I have not really had any problems the few times I have used GCT. Hoping to try the StreetLite out on Thursday, I've found the WF StreetLite's to be better than the DF examples, at least based on the one Dales & District have.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 31 May 2016

(31 May 2016, 5:15 pm)Adrian I do think that Nexus need to do more around secured services no longer accepting Buzzfare, Megarider, etc. Perhaps having an arrangement similar to what the Arriva 82/83s had for the entire route, along with through-ticketing connecting to/from the 4.

I wonder if that's why they've reduced the single fare? Assuming that's the ticket you bought earlier, anyway!

(31 May 2016, 5:23 pm)Dan I wonder if that's why they've reduced the single fare? Assuming that's the ticket you bought earlier, anyway!

Single fare. The driver had said that £2.80 is the maximum fare that they have on their ETM, for that particular route. 

It'd be a round the houses trip, but £2.80 is not bad for Heworth to Chester-le-Street!

(31 May 2016, 5:28 pm)Adrian Single fare. The driver had said that £2.80 is the maximum fare that they have on their ETM, for that particular route. 

It'd be a round the houses trip, but £2.80 is not bad for Heworth to Chester-le-Street!

Is it still £3.30 from the Galleries on GNE too?

(31 May 2016, 5:30 pm)Tom Is it still £3.30 from the Galleries on GNE too?

Yeah. I think the £2.85 fare to Ayton or Lambton on the 50 from Chester-le-Street may apply, but it's £3.30 through to the Galleries.

On the 8 it's £2.85 as far as Glebe, and then the next fare stage is £3.30, which takes you to the Galleries and as far as the A1231 sliproad.

(31 May 2016, 5:33 pm)Adrian Yeah. I think the £2.85 fare to Ayton or Lambton on the 50 from Chester-le-Street may apply, but it's £3.30 through to the Galleries.

On the 8 it's £2.85 as far as Glebe, and then the next fare stage is £3.30, which takes you to the Galleries and as far as the A1231 sliproad.

Pretty expensive then for a few miles!