North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - EL1TE - 27 Jan 2017

Ex GNE 3867 was used on 819 this afternoon

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 01 Feb 2017

Confirmed that these have the 335, M71 and W3 from the 19th March (335 and W3 already mentioned). Wonder if new stock will come. Bluebirds would be fine for the M71/W3 I would think though.

Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 16 Feb 2017

If anyone is interested, the ex GNE Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown is out on the 515/558 today, left Heworth at 13:37 on the 558.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - dannygee - 16 Feb 2017

What will GCT be using on the W3 and 335 from march?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimz13 - 16 Feb 2017

(16 Feb 2017, 5:07 pm)dannygee What will GCT be using on the W3 and 335 from march?

Probz Ben bluebirds

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 16 Feb 2017

(16 Feb 2017, 6:39 pm)jaimz13 Probz Ben bluebirds

Don't think so as the capacity required will be more than 23 I would think. Would have thought they would get new stock, maybe Streetlites or something.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 17 Feb 2017

(16 Feb 2017, 6:52 pm)Tom Don't think so as the capacity required will be more than 23 I would think. Would have thought they would get new stock, maybe Streetlites or something.

The bid submitted by Central was based on a capacity of 23 for M71 & 335 with a capacity of 16 for W3.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - jaimz13 - 17 Feb 2017

Could be bluebird for M71 possible they could get some second hand solos for other 2

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 17 Feb 2017

(17 Feb 2017, 9:52 am)GuyParkRoyal The bid submitted by Central was based on a capacity of 23 for M71 & 335 with a capacity of 16 for W3.

Ah right cheers, thought the 335 would have been more! Bluebirds it will be I guess then.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 20 Feb 2017

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but anyway... Was on the 558 today and noticed the driver didn't give tickets to fare paying passengers (claiming the ticket machine was broken which it clearly wasn't as ENCTS tickets printed out fine) but my question was do Nexus get the money taken in as it is a contract or do GCT keep it. If Nexus get the money or part of the money then it seems GCT are finding away around it, but if not then fair enough.

Otherwise was quite impressed and I still can't see many faults with GCT to see what people are complaining about.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 20 Feb 2017

(20 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm)Tom Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but anyway... Was on the 558 today and noticed the driver didn't give tickets to fare paying passengers (claiming the ticket machine was broken which it clearly wasn't as ENCTS tickets printed out fine) but my question was do Nexus get the money taken in as it is a contract or do GCT keep it. If Nexus get the money or part of the money then it seems GCT are finding away around it, but if not then fair enough.

Otherwise was quite impressed and I still can't see many faults with GCT to see what people are complaining about.

As part of all Nexus contracts, bus operators agree that, "when vehicles are operated by a driver only, fares must be collected from and a receipt issued to, passengers as they board or passes and tickets presented in lieu of cash payment (or to allow travel at a reduced rate) checked for validity."

At the end of each week, the bus operator must provide Nexus with any revenue taken on-board the bus. Nexus will be able to tell if this is the correct amount of revenue by looking at how many tickets have been issued. If a ticket is not issued, Nexus cannot provide any evidence of that passenger being on board the bus, and hence the operator would not need to provide this cash to Nexus.

I would report this to Nexus, for Gateshead Central Taxis to investigate. It will also allow for Nexus' own revenue protection team to travel on-board the buses, if they are suspicious of this activity.

(20 Feb 2017, 5:46 pm)Dan As part of all Nexus contracts, bus operators agree that, "when vehicles are operated by a driver only, fares must be collected from and a receipt issued to, passengers as they board or passes and tickets presented in lieu of cash payment (or to allow travel at a reduced rate) checked for validity."

At the end of each week, the bus operator must provide Nexus with any revenue taken on-board the bus. Nexus will be able to tell if this is the correct amount of revenue by looking at how many tickets have been issued. If a ticket is not issued, Nexus cannot provide any evidence of that passenger being on board the bus, and hence the operator would not need to provide this cash to Nexus.

I would report this to Nexus, for Gateshead Central Taxis to investigate. It will also allow for Nexus' own revenue protection team to travel on-board the buses, if they are suspicious of this activity.

Cheers Dan, I thought something wasn't right there.

I will do that if I see it again as Nexus will probably loose money from it.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Malarkey - 20 Feb 2017

(20 Feb 2017, 4:29 pm)Tom Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but anyway... Was on the 558 today and noticed the driver didn't give tickets to fare paying passengers (claiming the ticket machine was broken which it clearly wasn't as ENCTS tickets printed out fine) but my question was do Nexus get the money taken in as it is a contract or do GCT keep it. If Nexus get the money or part of the money then it seems GCT are finding away around it, but if not then fair enough.

(20 Feb 2017, 5:46 pm)Dan As part of all Nexus contracts, bus operators agree that, "when vehicles are operated by a driver only, fares must be collected from and a receipt issued to, passengers as they board or passes and tickets presented in lieu of cash payment (or to allow travel at a reduced rate) checked for validity."

Happens on a daily basis on the 37/73, so I would imagine Nexus don't see a penny from GCT.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 20 Feb 2017

(20 Feb 2017, 9:42 pm)Malarkey Happens on a daily basis on the 37/73, so I would imagine Nexus don't see a penny from GCT.

Again, I would advise you to report it to Nexus as well.

Not just because of Nexus' loss of earnings, but if Nexus have no evidence of passengers using these services, they could look to axe these services in future.

Maybe that is why their bids are so low for contracts then because Nexus gets no money off them... will send a email to Nexus now.

Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 02 Mar 2017

Bluebird SF14HAO is operating the 37/73 in place of a Solo SR today.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 07 Mar 2017

Anyone know what they have got to operate the W3 and 335?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 08 Mar 2017

Off yesterday

PB1099280/69 Registered (Short notice)
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route: Walker Bus Terminus, Newcastle to Four Lane Ends Interchange, Benton
Service number: 18 (18A)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 30 Apr 2017

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - makem1 - 08 Mar 2017

Were GCT getting the money!, reminds me of conductors on the last night buses, never issued a ticket and just took what ever was offered, classed it as their tip!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 08 Mar 2017

(08 Mar 2017, 5:47 pm)makem1 Were GCT getting the money!, reminds me of conductors on the last night buses, never issued a ticket and just took what ever was offered, classed it as their tip!

Haven't got a clue, not sure if the drivers have been told to take the money to avoid Nexus getting some of it (if they do) as it seems to happen on most of their buses, or they are just taking it for themselves.