North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - EL1TE - 01 Apr 2017

Ex GNE 4919 is on 515 today.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 04 Apr 2017

PB1099280/4 Cancelled (Short notice)
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route: Pallion Metro to Doxford International
Service number: 593
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 19 May 2017

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 04 Apr 2017

(25 Mar 2017, 8:14 pm)Jimmi They have at least two at the moment, I photographed DF66 AEC on the 643 today.
[Image: 32832875403_7a36a24427.jpg]Gateshead Central Taxis: DF66AEC by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

This was on services 37/73 today, I believe.

Seen it heading into Sunderland on the A1231 out of service earlier - usually the same time I see a Solo.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 13 Apr 2017

Forgot to mention - you can now use Go North East Buzzfares (in Purple zone) and 1 Day/7 Day Under 18 tickets on the R3/R4/R6 - quite good but not sure if the ticket machine reads the key cards as anything (or nothing) could be loaded on them.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 14 Apr 2017

SJ17ZCU and SJ17ZCV new - https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/33861477562/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/33206197553/in/photostream/

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 21 Apr 2017

28 passengers on this Bluebird on the R3 - absolutely disgraceful by GCT, 8 over the allowed capacity. GCT not issuing tickets is probably why Nexus don't have a higher required capacity for the tenders I'm guessing...

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 11:38 am)Tom 28 passengers on this Bluebird on the R3 - absolutely disgraceful by GCT, 8 over the allowed capacity. GCT not issuing tickets is probably why Nexus don't have a higher required capacity for the tenders I'm guessing...
Somebody was telling me about this issue on these services fairly recently and there has apparently been more passengers carried than the vehicle permits. Don't know if there is any truth to this but apparently they may have to allocate a bigger bus to these contracts in that area when the contracts are renewed.

Think the Bluebirds allow 20 seated passengers and 3 standees normally (depending on if there is a wheelchair/pushchair on-board.

(21 Apr 2017, 1:14 pm)Jimmi Somebody was telling me about this issue on these services fairly recently and there has apparently been more passengers carried than the vehicle permits. Don't know if there is any truth to this but apparently they may have to allocate a bigger bus to these contracts in that area when the contracts are renewed.

Think the Bluebirds allow 20 seated passengers and 3 standees normally (depending on if there is a wheelchair/pushchair on-board.

I would hope so but some of the route around Blaydon is very tight and might struggle with something bigger. Then again Darts used to be allocated all the time (when Classic ran it) so this might not be a massive problem.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 1:24 pm)Tom I would hope so but some of the route around Blaydon is very tight and might struggle with something bigger. Then again Darts used to be allocated all the time (when Classic ran it) so this might not be a massive problem.
I have no idea what the routes are like but you could maybe go for some Slimline Optare Solo SR's for these routes.

Thing is though, unless contract requirements change, I can't see them allocating anything other than Bluebirds as they are probably cheaper to run than the likes of Solo's.

(21 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm)Jimmi I have no idea what the routes are like but you could maybe go for some Slimline Optare Solo SR's for these routes.

Thing is though, unless contract requirements change, I can't see them allocating anything other than Bluebirds as they are probably cheaper to run than the likes of Solo's.

Yeah exactly - I think Nexus would have done something by now if tickets were issued but they won't be able to see the passenger numbers realistically unless they go out on the services themselves.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 11:38 am)Tom 28 passengers on this Bluebird on the R3 - absolutely disgraceful by GCT, 8 over the allowed capacity. GCT not issuing tickets is probably why Nexus don't have a higher required capacity for the tenders I'm guessing...

Not issuing tickets to who? Are OAPs are still being asked to scan their card?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - tyresmoke - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 7:01 pm)Adrian Not issuing tickets to who? Are OAPs are still being asked to scan their card?

I meant to post the same as we don't issue tickets to concessionary passes

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm)tyresmoke I meant to post the same as we don't issue tickets to concessionary passes

Should be like that on every bus, its a waste of paper.

(21 Apr 2017, 7:16 pm)Michael Should be like that on every bus, its a waste of paper.

Not to mention our buses stay pretty clean all day! Co-incidence? I think not...

(21 Apr 2017, 7:01 pm)Adrian Not issuing tickets to who? Are OAPs are still being asked to scan their card?

Paying customers and oaps do still scan their cards and get issued tickets but thats it

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 7:34 pm)Tom Paying customers and oaps do still scan their cards and get issued tickets but thats it

Sorry I'm confused now then! Who isn't being issued with a ticket now then?

(21 Apr 2017, 7:36 pm)Adrian Sorry I'm confused now then! Who isn't being issued with a ticket now then?

Not issuing tickets to paying customers

Oaps/concessionary holders still scan their cards

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Mark1 - 21 Apr 2017

When I used the 558 last week the driver gave me a hand written ticket on a sort of taxi receipt thing. This was only for a £1.55 single journey but everyone who boarded was being given one. Is there an actual issue with their ticket machines which they can not resolve?

(21 Apr 2017, 7:45 pm)Mark1 When I used the 558 last week the driver gave me a hand written ticket on a sort of taxi receipt thing. This was only for a £1.55 single journey but everyone who boarded was being given one. Is there an actual issue with their ticket machines which they can not resolve?

Could well be, we have a Ticketer machine that randomly refuses to print then starts working again.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 23 May 2017

PB1099280/3 Cancelled
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route: Metro Centre to Metro Centre via Whickham, Watergate
Service number: 643
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 22 Jul 2017