North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GNE6312 - 21 Jul 2019

(21 Jul 2019, 4:30 pm)GuyParkRoyal

The allocation today is a new Fiat Ducato Multijet Euro 6 Mellor, registered SJ19 PGE in the usual Nexus Bus livery.

Hopefully something a bit bigger gets allocated during the week and on Saturday. Why don't they purchase ADL demonstrator/Courtousy viechle YW68 OXA when it is done with GNE as that is more suitable or even purchase a solo for it

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 21 Jul 2019

(21 Jul 2019, 8:38 pm)GNE6312

Hopefully something a bit bigger gets allocated during the week and on Saturday. Why don't they purchase ADL demonstrator/Courtousy viechle YW68 OXA when it is done with GNE as that is more suitable or even purchase a solo for it

Why? I've never seen more than 10 people on the 5 from North Shields, pretty sure a Bluebird or equivalent is completely suitable.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 21 Jul 2019

(21 Jul 2019, 8:38 pm)GNE6312 Hopefully something a bit bigger gets allocated during the week and on Saturday. Why don't they purchase ADL demonstrator/Courtousy viechle YW68 OXA when it is done with GNE as that is more suitable or even purchase a solo for it

Be likely to fulfil the minimum capacity requirements for the service and judging by the loadings I've seen on the 5 (and 9 prior to that), those will be big enough, 4 is about the highest loading I've encountered on it.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 19 Sep 2019

PB1099280/94 Cancelled (Short notice)
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route:Cragside Gdns, Lobley Hill, Gateshead to Gateshead Interchange
Service number: 1A ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 27 Oct 2019

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 19 Sep 2019

(19 Sep 2019, 6:19 pm)Michael PB1099280/94 Cancelled (Short notice)
CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LTD
Route:Cragside Gdns, Lobley Hill, Gateshead to Gateshead Interchange
Service number: 1A ()
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 27 Oct 2019

Can anyone give me any odds on this going back to GNE as a commercial operation?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Big O - 13 Oct 2019

Hey everyone,

I work for Gateshead Central Taxis and was tasked with creating a website for the bus division and we are finally at a stage where we can look to make it public. The web address is www.gatesheadcentralbuses.com . At present, I am aware of the display issues if one is using a tablet or mobile device and that will be rectified but any feedback would be great.

We will also be including a fleet list and some stage and hopefully some fleet numbers to the buses as well. Watch this space.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GuyParkRoyal - 14 Oct 2019

Well done with the website development it looks good on my desktop computer I look forward to seeing the tablet version when you are able to launch it. The hospital bus services page is helpful with the information provided.

It's nice to see a local independent operator taking the time and effort to deliver continuous improvements.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 05 Jan 2020

Are GCT keeping the 13 and 32A? Still allocating the same buses? They will probably be operating more services from March.

Gateshead Central Taxis 32A contract extended, 13 lost and 84/84A gained.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 05 Jan 2020

(13 Oct 2019, 11:44 pm)Big O Hey everyone,

I work for Gateshead Central Taxis and was tasked with creating a website for the bus division and we are finally at a stage where we can look to make it public. The web address is www.gatesheadcentralbuses.com . At present, I am aware of the display issues if one is using a tablet or mobile device and that will be rectified but any feedback would be great.

We will also be including a fleet list and some stage and hopefully some fleet numbers to the buses as well. Watch this space.

Hey, Big O.

What happened to your website for Gateshead Central Taxis?

(05 Jan 2020, 6:02 pm)Dan Hey, Big O.

Gateshead Central Buses. I noticed it has gone already, that is a shame.

I expect the 516 will stay with Gateshead Central Taxis, as they have not had it that long. Don't see the point of the service, not very busy.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimbo - 06 Jan 2020

(05 Jan 2020, 6:02 pm)Dan Hey, Big O.

They didn't make a payment for the website so got closed

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - LVK 404L - 06 Jan 2020

(05 Jan 2020, 7:13 pm)OrangeArrow49 I expect the 516 will stay with Gateshead Central Taxis, as they have not had it that long. Don't see the point of the service, not very busy.
If you lived on the sections of route that don't have any other bus services you would not be saying that.   Maybe if it didn't operate at approx every 63/64 minutes and had a more regular timetable it would gain patronage.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 06 Jan 2020

(06 Jan 2020, 8:27 pm)ifm001 If you lived on the sections of route that don't have any other bus services you would not be saying that.   Maybe if it didn't operate at approx every 63/64 minutes and had a more regular timetable it would gain patronage.

I would if only a few passengers used it! Admittedly I haven't used the 516 very much, but when I have the passenger numbers have been very low. There is one bus per hour, that is more than regular enough for the passenger numbers. Yes, if the service was more regular it might gain more passengers, I argue that with the 74 (even if curtailed, rather than full route to/from Hexham), but we can't know that unfortunately. Most services in South Shields are operated by Stagecoach, I am sure if the 516 was operated by Stagecoach it would gain more passengers.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - AIG20 - 06 Jan 2020

(06 Jan 2020, 8:36 pm)OrangeArrow49 I would if only a few passengers used it! Admittedly I haven't used the 516 very much, but when I have the passenger numbers have been very low. There is one bus per hour, that is more than regular enough for the passenger numbers. Yes, if the service was more regular it might gain more passengers, I argue that with the 74 (even if curtailed, rather than full route to/from Hexham), but we can't know that unfortunately. Most services in South Shields are operated by Stagecoach, I am sure if the 516 was operated by Stagecoach it would gain more passengers.

Whenever I've seen the 516 it has carried nothing but fresh air. If Nexus ever withdrew the service Stagecoach could easily reroute some services, such as the 10/11, 12/12A & 30, or create a new bus service to avoid the roads only served by the 516 being left without a bus service. I'm sure one of the reasons the 516 (or the 16 as it used to be named) was created was so that there would be a bus service on the Coast Road between Redwell Lane and the New Crown as I'm sure there was lots of backlash when Stagecoach service E3 was withdrawn?

I've seen quite a lot of Nexus funded services ran by independent operators running with very low passenger numbers. I don't know how they can afford it? Maybe that's why they aren't ran by any of the "big three".

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 06 Jan 2020

(06 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm)AIG20 Whenever I've seen the 516 it has carried nothing but fresh air. If Nexus ever withdrew the service Stagecoach could easily reroute some services, such as the 10/11, 12/12A & 30, or create a new bus service to avoid the roads only served by the 516 being left without a bus service. I'm sure one of the reasons the 516 (or the 16 as it used to be named) was created was so that there would be a bus service on the Coast Road between Redwell Lane and the New Crown as I'm sure there was lots of backlash when Stagecoach service E3 was withdrawn?

I've seen quite a lot of Nexus funded services ran by independent operators running with very low passenger numbers. I don't know how they can afford it? Maybe that's why they aren't ran by any of the "big three".

Whenever I have seen the 516, it has indeed been carrying nothing but fresh air, but when I have used it there has been a few passengers on with me. I was actually going to question if Stagecoach could re-route a service to replace the 516, Nexus seem to waste money funding services that are hardly used and could be withdrawn and replaced by re-routed services by the big three. Strangely the 32A and 84/84A have good passenger numbers sometimes, but even Nexus has told me passenger numbers are higher when a Nexus service is operated by any of the big three compared with independent operators. Does Stagecoach operate any Nexus contracts these days? 

When did Stagecoach withdraw the E3? When did the 16 start operating and why did it become the 516? I would like to see another service run alongside the E1. Is the Coast Road in South Shields a continuation of the Coast Road on North Tyneside?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - AIG20 - 06 Jan 2020

(06 Jan 2020, 9:03 pm)OrangeArrow49 Whenever I have seen the 516, it has indeed been carrying nothing but fresh air, but when I have used it there has been a few passengers on with me. I was actually going to question if Stagecoach could re-route a service to replace the 516, Nexus seem to waste money funding services that are hardly used and could be withdrawn and replaced by re-routed services by the big three. Strangely the 32A and 84/84A have good passenger numbers sometimes, but even Nexus has told me passenger numbers are higher when a Nexus service is operated by any of the big three compared with independent operators. Does Stagecoach operate any Nexus contracts these days? 

When did Stagecoach withdraw the E3? When did the 16 start operating and why did it become the 516? I would like to see another service run alongside the E1. Is the Coast Road in South Shields a continuation of the Coast Road on North Tyneside?

From old articles and timetables I've read in the past I'm sure the E3 was withdrawn around 2003 and replaced with a rerouted E1 - which used to go straight along the Coast Road? It would be ideal for the route to be brought back as an open-top bus service. I think the 16/516 was created to provide a bus service on streets that were left without a bus service following Stagecoach cutbacks in the early 2000s.

Below is an old video on YouTube of Go North East operating the 16 bus service which went to Jarrow (and I'm sure it also went to Lukes Lane Estate when first created?), which later became the 516.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9wLb-2eBE

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - deanmachine - 07 Jan 2020

(06 Jan 2020, 8:50 pm)AIG20 Whenever I've seen the 516 it has carried nothing but fresh air. If Nexus ever withdrew the service Stagecoach could easily reroute some services, such as the 10/11, 12/12A & 30, or create a new bus service to avoid the roads only served by the 516 being left without a bus service. I'm sure one of the reasons the 516 (or the 16 as it used to be named) was created was so that there would be a bus service on the Coast Road between Redwell Lane and the New Crown as I'm sure there was lots of backlash when Stagecoach service E3 was withdrawn?

Part of the 516 route was created off what the 10/11 originally did up Lincoln Road, and through the Lakeside Estate when Stagecoach operated their little Mercedes Minibuses, although I can't remember if they used to also serve the Lawe Top. All I really remember is my Nanna being annoyed at me when I was a little kid that I told her the 10 went to the Nook when we were waiting for a bus on Keppel Street, I neglected to mention it went round the rest of Shields first before it got there!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Big O - 16 Jan 2020

(05 Jan 2020, 5:56 pm)YOrangeArrow49 Gateshead Central Taxis 32A contract extended, 13 lost and 84/84A gained.

Hey, I don’t think I’ve quoted the correct person but the website created wasn’t paid for and I got fed up of chasing them up for it so i deleted it. 

I have now left the company.