North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - deanmachine - 14 Jul 2020

I caused a problem a few times for JH Coaches and GCT when they ran the 23 back when I was an Asda driver delivering around Springwell Village. Not sure why these certain tiny streets get buses down them when there's services on the main road. It's not like every estate in Nexus territory does.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - LeeCalder - 14 Jul 2020

(14 Jul 2020, 9:57 am)deanmachine I caused a problem a few times for JH Coaches and GCT when they ran the 23 back when I was an Asda driver delivering around Springwell Village. Not sure why these certain tiny streets get buses down them when there's services on the main road. It's not like every estate in Nexus territory does.

Most likely because these areas have always had a bus which is used.

It is wasn't used, it wouldn't serve.

Imagine if a 'small road = no bus' policy was enforced everywhere? And people wonder why public transport use is down, it should be as easily accessible as possible, and generally that means serving housing estates and not just main roads!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - deanmachine - 14 Jul 2020

(14 Jul 2020, 10:10 am)LeeCalder Most likely because these areas have always had a bus which is used.

It is wasn't used, it wouldn't serve.

Imagine if a 'small road = no bus' policy was enforced everywhere? And people wonder why public transport use is down, it should be as easily accessible as possible, and generally that means serving housing estates and not just main roads!

Then send one down my street too. It's more of a trek from my street to the Nook, then it is from Heugh Hill to Peareth Hall Road or to Springwell Village McColls, it's also a much much bigger estate than all of Springwell Village.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - 6049 - 14 Jul 2020

(13 Jul 2020, 10:09 pm)LeeCalder Hun
JH used to manage with the ALX300, Dart and E200. Blackfell certainly has a parked car issue...
Donwell seems to be worse

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 14 Jul 2020

(14 Jul 2020, 6:10 pm)6049 Donwell seems to be worse

Iirc the W4/5/6 etc were removed from Donwell for that reason.
Nexus then stepped up to fill the gap.

Gateshead Central Taxis - 6049 - 16 Jul 2020

85 spotted going gingerly through the top of Blackfell tonight en route to Concord

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 18 Jul 2020

Convenient how 2 tickets machines on two separate vehicles were ‘broken’ on the 11 tonight.

Surely i should be able to refuse to pay if the money is going straight into the drivers pocket??

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - park5354 - 18 Jul 2020

(13 Jul 2020, 8:56 pm)LeeCalder I've been informed that it'll be Enviro 200MMC's that get used on service 23 this time round
two Fiats is allocation, UTG & ZCV if I rember correctly

(18 Jul 2020, 9:30 pm)Tom Convenient how 2 tickets machines on two separate vehicles were ‘broken’ on the 11 tonight.

Surely i should be able to refuse to pay if the money is going straight into the drivers pocket??
if they were mercedes stratas, then their is power supply problem.  The machines keep going off, tried wiring directly to battery but no different.

That being said, drivers should be using emergency tickets if machine is off.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Tom - 18 Jul 2020

(18 Jul 2020, 10:05 pm)park5354 two Fiats is allocation, UTG & ZCV if I rember correctly

if they were mercedes stratas, then their is power supply problem.  The machines keep going off, tried wiring directly to battery but no different.

That being said, drivers should be using emergency tickets if machine is off.

Yes, they were both Stratas.

No emergency tickets issued, but I was just thinking the drivers were pocketing the money for no good reason.

Thanks for clearing up.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - ThomasBooth123 - 18 Jul 2020

Blue bird I was on today had no ticket manchine

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Big O - 19 Jul 2020

(18 Jul 2020, 10:15 pm)Tom Yes, they were both Stratas.

No emergency tickets issued, but I was just thinking the drivers were pocketing the money for no good reason.

Thanks for clearing up.

That's exactly what they were doing, if you didn't get an emergency ticket then how do you know the money is going towards Nexus..

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - park5354 - 19 Jul 2020

(18 Jul 2020, 11:54 pm)ThomasBooth123 Blue bird I was on today had no ticket manchine
which service

Gateshead Central Taxis - TEN 6083 - 20 Jul 2020

Here’s a couple of observations from the first day of GCT operating the 23 service

The 13:13 left the Galleries left 5 minutes late.

The 13:47 at Wrekenton came 5 minutes early and went straight past the stop without waiting for any potential passengers.

Also I’m sure I saw on here that Enviro 200MMC buses were to be used on these services but both were Bluebirds.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - RM2186 - 20 Jul 2020

The correct allocation is Bluebirds

Gateshead Central Taxis - 6049 - 20 Jul 2020

In their defence, it can be very difficult to get the 23 back to the Galleries on time. I often found that the late running was nearly always caught up on the short Lansbury Drive runs.

That being said, leaving 5mins early from a compulsory timing point is Traffic Commissioner territory.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - LeeCalder - 21 Jul 2020

(20 Jul 2020, 12:57 pm)TEN 6083 Here’s a couple of observations from the first day of GCT operating the 23 service

The 13:13  left the Galleries left 5 minutes late.

The 13:47 at Wrekenton came 5 minutes early and went straight past the stop without waiting for any potential passengers.

Also I’m sure I saw on here that Enviro 200MMC buses were to be used on these services but both were Bluebirds.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Breadvans on the 81/82 appear to be a recurring theme now, as do buses with Not in Service on the blind...

Nexus aren't remotely interested.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - LVK 404L - 21 Jul 2020

(21 Jul 2020, 8:11 am)LeeCalder Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Breadvans on the 81/82 appear to be a recurring theme now, as do buses with Not in Service on the blind...

Nexus aren't remotely interested.
If Nexus are not interested and everyone gets referred to Nexus in regards to contract complaints.  Could the Bus Appeals Body not be of use in this case. Do they still exist. I know they were fantastic in dealing with a complaint for me many years ago.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - deanmachine - 21 Jul 2020

(21 Jul 2020, 9:25 am)ifm001 If Nexus are not interested and everyone gets referred to Nexus in regards to contract complaints.  Could the Bus Appeals Body not be of use in this case. Do they still exist. I know they were fantastic in dealing with a complaint for me many years ago.

I think Nexus should take a more serious role in dealing with things like this, and not just with regards to GCT but other contractors. Yes the big 3 are known to have drivers do the same thing, but the fact that the drivers are being tracked and can be dealt with if they miss bus stops, or run early helps the majority of them stay in line and not do what they like. If there were financial penalties for the contractors it might produce a better service for everyone, even if it's still little vans run by GCT on the 23.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Andreos1 - 21 Jul 2020

(21 Jul 2020, 9:52 am)deanmachine I think Nexus should take a more serious role in dealing with things like this, and not just with regards to GCT but other contractors. Yes the big 3 are known to have drivers do the same thing, but the fact that the drivers are being tracked and can be dealt with if they miss bus stops, or run early helps the majority of them stay in line and not do what they like. If there were financial penalties for the contractors it might produce a better service for everyone, even if it's still little vans run by GCT on the 23.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/749/contents/made

Just shared it elsewhere in the forum. It will be interesting to see what impact (if any), it has on incidents like the ones described above.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - park5354 - 21 Jul 2020

(21 Jul 2020, 8:11 am)LeeCalder Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Breadvans on the 81/82 appear to be a recurring theme now
81/82/83/84/85/86 are allocated solos, run off 37/73 & 558, with the odd streetlite thrown on.  Breadvans  are NOT a recurring theme.

Sunday allocation is Enviro only.