North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - V514DFT - 14 Mar 2021

(14 Mar 2021, 7:08 am)citaro5284 There was discussions a while back that they had a vehicle on the road without an MOT if I remember rightly, so that might be part of it.
I'd hazard a guess and go with this, amongst other things

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 14 Mar 2021

(14 Mar 2021, 7:08 am)citaro5284 There was discussions a while back that they had a vehicle on the road without an MOT if I remember rightly, so that might be part of it.
It must be their 4th Public Enquiry in 5 or 6 years.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 14 Mar 2021

(14 Mar 2021, 4:47 pm)busmanT It must be their 4th Public Enquiry in 5 or 6 years.

They had a string of public inquiries in 2016 - three if I recall correctly.

Most operators seem to go through them nowadays and don't get much of a punishment. Scarlet Band's recent PI seemed to only prevent them from growing further with the reduction they were given as punishment, rather than actually make them reduce in size.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 14 Mar 2021

A number of things could happen.

The O-License could be restricted in terms of reduction in vehicles allowed to operate.
The O-License could be revoked meaning they aren't allowed to run buses.

However some companies do have alternative licenses they can use to get around this.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 14 Mar 2021

(14 Mar 2021, 8:49 pm)Rapidsnap A number of things could happen.

The O-License could be restricted in terms of reduction in vehicles allowed to operate.
The O-License could be revoked meaning they aren't allowed to run buses.

However some companies do have alternative licenses they can use to get around this.
The Traffic Commissioners take a very dim view nowadays of operators who circumvent the outcome of a PI by using another licence.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MichealAaron - 21 Mar 2021

Does anyone know how Gateshead Central Taxis did today in Leeds

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 21 Mar 2021

(21 Mar 2021, 9:47 pm)MichealAaron Does anyone know how Gateshead Central Taxis did today in Leeds

Quite good but that's because they aren't down till Tuesday. Angel

(21 Mar 2021, 9:56 pm)Michael Quite good but that's because they aren't down till Tuesday.  Angel
Someone said today March 21st

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 21 Mar 2021

(21 Mar 2021, 10:02 pm)MichealAaron Someone said today March 21st
Tuesday at 1000, although the Traffic Commissioner might not announce any action on the day - often decisions are announced later.

(21 Mar 2021, 10:54 pm)busmanT Tuesday at 1000, although the Traffic Commissioner might not announce any action on the day - often decisions are announced later.
What do you think will happen. Do you think they will get a warning or shut down

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GNE6312 - 22 Mar 2021

(21 Mar 2021, 11:45 pm)MichealAaron What do you think will happen. Do you think they will get a warning or shut down
Hopefully they loose contracts not as if they do much of a good job with them.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 22 Mar 2021

(22 Mar 2021, 7:28 am)GNE6312 Hopefully they loose contracts not as if they do much of a good job with them.

Yesterday I witnessed them missing out part of the route on the 32A! Hopefully they lose some contracts, they don't operate the services properly. I will send them a message!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - streetdeckfan - 22 Mar 2021

(22 Mar 2021, 1:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yesterday I witnessed them missing out part of the route on the 32A! Hopefully they lose some contracts, they don't operate the services properly. I will send them a message!

Let's be real, they've been doing it for years, if Nexus was that bothered they wouldn't keep awarding them contracts.
As long as they're the cheapest bidder, they're going to win the contracts, Nexus don't care about the customer experience, they just want the cheapest possible price

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 22 Mar 2021

(22 Mar 2021, 7:28 am)GNE6312 Hopefully they loose contracts not as if they do much of a good job with them.

I don't really think that throwaway remarks like this are helpful. Operators losing contracts have consequences, and usually for those that can't influence the way a company operates.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - mb134 - 22 Mar 2021

(22 Mar 2021, 4:11 pm)Adrian I don't really think that throwaway remarks like this are helpful. Operators losing contracts have consequences, and usually for those that can't influence the way a company operates.

Someone would need to pick up the work though, so you'd still be filling that job somewhere along the line.

You can't dish out contracts out of sympathy. If what is reported is correct, then those who "can't influence" the operation are those who are missing out parts of routes for example. If you put yourself in the shoes of someone who may rely on that service for work, would you want to see that driver 'rewarded' with keeping their job while yours is under threat because they can't do theirs correctly?

Bloody useless company. What if passengers want to alight, rather than board at the stops these stupid drivers miss out? Unacceptable. GCT should never be awarded contracts. Yes, it'd gone in for years, and that annoys me enormously. This is the first time I've seen it for myself in person, such a blatant act, simply ridiculous.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Adrian - 22 Mar 2021

(22 Mar 2021, 4:44 pm)mb134 Someone would need to pick up the work though, so you'd still be filling that job somewhere along the line.

You can't dish out contracts out of sympathy. If what is reported is correct, then those who "can't influence" the operation are those who are missing out parts of routes for example. If you put yourself in the shoes of someone who may rely on that service for work, would you want to see that driver 'rewarded' with keeping their job while yours is under threat because they can't do theirs correctly?

There's no suggestion of dishing out contracts out of sympathy, but making throw-away remarks about wishing for businesses to lose contracts offers nothing to a discussion.

Maybe some of those who "can't influence" the operation are missing out parts of routes for example, but sadly the bad apples aren't always the ones who reap what they sow.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MichealAaron - 22 Mar 2021

Look the matter of fact is GCT are up in Leeds tomorrow. Let's wait and see what happens. If they lose the contracts so be it. But to the matter of fact. If the contract are put back to original operating. It means sometime must be done

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - WHEATSHEAF1 - 22 Mar 2021

The 32’s missed part of the route due to vandalism having occurring over the previous few nights.

(22 Mar 2021, 8:05 pm)WHEATSHEAF1 The 32’s missed part of the route due to vandalism having occurring over the previous few nights.

What vandalism? So just later in the day it misses part of the route? Not much use to passengers wishing to board or alight in that section! It was late on Sunday afternoon I saw it miss part of the route. Can understand it late on an evening, but still comes as part of parcel of running a bus service unfortunately.