North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - mb134 - 22 Mar 2021

(22 Mar 2021, 10:02 pm)OrangeArrow49 What vandalism? So just later in the day it misses part of the route? Not much use to passengers wishing to board or alight in that section! It was late on Sunday afternoon I saw it miss part of the route. Can understand it late on an evening, but still comes as part of parcel of running a bus service unfortunately.

In fairness if there is vandalism you can't blame GCT for missing that section, they have a duty to protect their driver and those on the vehicle. Lothian recently pulled all evening services for the Scottish capital due to vandalism, and quite rightly. 

You'd hope it would be communicated via appropriate channels but it doesn't appear to have beeen the case having a quick look on their Facebook. You'd also think that in instances like that they'd have got approval from Nexus, or at least informed them (not sure on how that works with a tendered service mind).

(22 Mar 2021, 7:34 pm)Adrian There's no suggestion of dishing out contracts out of sympathy, but making throw-away remarks about wishing for businesses to lose contracts offers nothing to a discussion.

Maybe some of those who "can't influence" the operation are missing out parts of routes for example, but sadly the bad apples aren't always the ones who reap what they sow.

You'd like to think that in this day and age it would be quite easy for them to find out who they need to let go. I'd imagine they'd have a log of which driver was assigned to duty 'X' on any given date, or to which engineers signed off on buses being allowed out without a valid MOT (if that turns out to be true). Though with the latter, I'd imagine the buck would stop with the upper management and, as you say, they wouldn't be the ones to lose out - unless they were restricted from managing/controlling a transport firm somehow?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - V514DFT - 23 Mar 2021

Personal opinion here but GCT shouldnt be allowed to run bus services at all, and that is proven time and time again, the way they operate bus services is very 'cowboy' like,maybe they should just stick to Taxis

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MichealAaron - 24 Mar 2021

Any news about Gateshead Central Taxis from yesterday

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - omnicity4659 - 24 Mar 2021

(24 Mar 2021, 1:07 pm)MichealAaron Any news about Gateshead Central Taxis from yesterday

No. DVSA haven't released their NE traffic area PSV document yet.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 24 Mar 2021

(24 Mar 2021, 1:07 pm)MichealAaron Any news about Gateshead Central Taxis from yesterday
Nothing to report - no impact on services

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MichealAaron - 25 Mar 2021

Apparently rumors are flying round Gateshead Central Taxis have lost the 42A 84 and W3. Any confirmation

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 25 Mar 2021

(25 Mar 2021, 4:19 pm)MichealAaron Apparently rumors are flying round Gateshead Central Taxis have lost the 42A 84 and W3. Any confirmation
When is this allegedly from?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - 6049 - 25 Mar 2021

(25 Mar 2021, 6:50 pm)busmanT When is this allegedly from?
If they've lost the 84, that's 3 buses on a night time as the 81, 82, 83 and 84 interwork. Think the 85 and 86 are awarded on a separate contract.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 25 Mar 2021

Is it not the 84/84A that goes to the Metrocentre.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - V514DFT - 25 Mar 2021

(25 Mar 2021, 8:20 pm)Rapidsnap Is it not the 84/84A that goes to the Metrocentre.
It is

Gateshead Central Taxis - 6049 - 25 Mar 2021

Doh.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 25 Mar 2021

Who has got the 84/84A?

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MichealAaron - 26 Mar 2021

(25 Mar 2021, 11:37 pm)OrangeArrow49 Who has got the 84/84A?
Gateshead Central Taxis atm

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - OrangeArrow49 - 26 Mar 2021

(26 Mar 2021, 12:14 am)MichealAaron Gateshead Central Taxis atm

But who has been awarded the new contract? They have only had it for one year.

That's the thing nobody knows. I've been told of my dad who works there during a driver change over. Its rumours that 42A 84 and W3 are going. Its just rumours atm. So idk. It might be false

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - V514DFT - 26 Mar 2021

(26 Mar 2021, 8:16 am)MichealAaron That's the thing nobody knows. I've been told of my dad who works there during a driver change over. Its rumours that 42A 84 and W3 are going. Its just rumours atm. So idk. It might be false
What do you mean by going?, as in withdrawn?

Withdraw from the company but the thing is. It could be there losing the routes. See 42A is GNE operation so maybe dan might know but this could just be rumours

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 26 Mar 2021

(26 Mar 2021, 12:17 pm)MichealAaron Withdraw from the company but the thing is. It could be there losing the routes. See 42A is GNE operation so maybe dan might know but this could just be rumours
There haven't been any changes to registrations lodged with the Traffic Commissioner as far as I can see, so nothing changing in the immediate future.

Bus org is reporting all Newcastle/North Tyneside Routes have a change 28th of March. Could be a glitch due to there being no change that I can see

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - logidoodah - 26 Mar 2021

GTC 32A will not serve Blakelaw  (specifically Blakelaw Rd and Cragston Ave) after 19:30 everyday due to repetitve vandalism of buses and bus stops etc.., All services here to be diverted. This is until further notice and started today, (26/03/2021)

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-25/03/2021-14:51:36:415