North East Buses
Gateshead Central Taxis - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Gateshead Central Taxis (/showthread.php?tid=175)

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - MichealAaron - 09 Apr 2021

5 have been delivered. 3 out in service two sitting at the depot. The new 3 Mercedes Setras or however you say them are arriving tomorrow

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 10 Apr 2021

(09 Apr 2021, 6:35 pm)MichealAaron 5 have been delivered. 3 out in service two sitting at the depot. The new 3 Mercedes Setras or however you say them are arriving tomorrow

The three currently in service are YX21RUAYX21RUC and YX21RUH. All used on services 37/73 yesterday.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - morritt89 - 15 Apr 2021

Gateshead Central Taxis have won the contract for the Sunderland Nightingale Hospital shuttle. Unsure of start date, it was announced in Martijns video this afternoon.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Micheal Aaron Parker - 15 Apr 2021

Is there a link to the video

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 15 Apr 2021

(15 Apr 2021, 5:24 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker Is there a link to the video

https://www.facebook.com/100009920923911/videos/1512162742457742

Smile

(15 Apr 2021, 5:15 pm)morritt89 Gateshead Central Taxis have won the contract for the Sunderland Nightingale Hospital shuttle. Unsure of start date, it was announced in Martijns video this afternoon.

Ugh, Dodgy

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Micheal Aaron Parker - 15 Apr 2021

Makes me wonder what there going to use. As the only thing they have spare is the deckers

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Micheal Aaron Parker - 16 Apr 2021

Gateshead Central Taxis take over the Go North East/Jh Coaches SNS service free the 19th of April

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 16 Apr 2021

Would hazard a guess that they use ADL Enviro 200MMCs on it. However it may be in their best interests to behave (running to timetable, turning up, running the correct route etc.) when operating this high profile contract. Bet they won't do as good of a job as JH/GNE.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Micheal Aaron Parker - 16 Apr 2021

Just have to wait and see. Makes me wonder if there gonna use single deckers or double deckers

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - deanmachine - 16 Apr 2021

I thought it was more of a shuttle for the fact that the 56 couldn't go past? When the road opens back up it seems odd to have a Nexus route effectively competing with a commercial route.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 16 Apr 2021

Connector shuttle from Washington's Concord Bus Station is the shuttle bus for the 56, wouldn't be suprised if the 56 is routed along there when the road reopens. Where as the Metro Shuttle links it to Heworth whilst the Sunderland Shuttle serves the likes of Castletown on its way to Nightingale. Giving the amount of local vaccination centres I'm amazed the Sunderland shuttle is still running, wonder if they are reducing the timetable on it.... not that GCT understands how a timetable works.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - busmanT - 16 Apr 2021

(16 Apr 2021, 12:19 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker Just have to wait and see. Makes me wonder if there gonna use single deckers or double deckers
Based on the loading I have seen, a car will be big enough!

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Jimmi - 16 Apr 2021

(16 Apr 2021, 10:15 pm)busmanT Based on the loading I have seen, a car will be big enough!
Don't give them any ideas!

Just picturing a Skoda Octavia taxi pulling into Park Lane Interchange

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - streetdeckfan - 16 Apr 2021

(16 Apr 2021, 10:15 pm)busmanT Based on the loading I have seen, a car will be big enough!

Are people still using the vaccine centres?
Everyone I know, including myself, got their vaccine at the GP or pharmacy

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 17 Apr 2021

Around my area, the vaccines are being given at the Langdale Centre which is a council facility in my old middle school which is being used by local GPs as the vaccination hubs. I wouldn't be suprised if all shuttle services are withdrawn within the next month or two and the 50/56 re-routed to serve until the vaccinations reach a minimal level.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - GNE6312 - 17 Apr 2021

(16 Apr 2021, 10:17 am)Micheal Aaron Parker Gateshead Central Taxis take over the Go North East/Jh Coaches SNS service free the 19th of April
Wonder why

Gateshead Central Taxis - Dan - 17 Apr 2021

(17 Apr 2021, 5:52 am)GNE6312 Wonder why

The service came out to tender again and Gateshead Central Taxis were a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - omnicity4659 - 17 Apr 2021

(16 Apr 2021, 10:34 pm)streetdeckfan Are people still using the vaccine centres?
Everyone I know, including myself, got their vaccine at the GP or pharmacy

Yes, it was fairly busy when I got mine done there.

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Michael - 17 Apr 2021

(17 Apr 2021, 5:57 am)Dan The service came out to tender again and Gateshead Central Taxis were a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shock Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis - Rapidsnap - 19 Apr 2021

Well the running of the SNS got off to a good start, Solo SR YJ18DLE has expired near Nightingale.