North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 3:31 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Sorry i mean will it stay with gne for the future

Yes, The Vykings will be here for a few more years as there's loads more older deckers to replace first.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - TEN 6083 - 17 Apr 2016

The S reg Olympians (3814-3832) possibly likely among one of the first to be withdrawn due to not being DDA compliant from January 1st 2017 with having step entrances

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 3:50 pm)TEN 6083 The S reg Olympians (3814-3832) possibly likely among one of the first to be withdrawn due to not being DDA compliant from January 1st 2017 with having step entrances

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Hopefully they attend the rally's this year as a sendof

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - TEN 6083 - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 4:10 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Hopefully they attend the rally's this year as a sendof

I wonder if GNE would be doing that with the Pronto as they did with with the Lime last year at the MetroCentre rally if there's any left that haven't been withdrawn or re-branded/de-branded or sold.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 4:20 pm)TEN 6083 I wonder if GNE would be doing that with the Pronto as they did with with the Lime last year at the MetroCentre rally if there's any left that haven't been withdrawn or re-branded/de-branded or sold.

Can't see it but might with the pb solars

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Ambassador - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 9:34 am)Dan As both Lee and I said above - no new announcements have been recorded for the service, so it remains as Steve and Karen. The "please remain seated until the bus has stopped" malarkey has all been edited out though.

The stop names are all the same as what they were before.

Like I say, the main purpose was to upload the new media for the evening X21 service which uses the Hybrids. That way, announcements are provided at all times.

Are there plans to redo the names at some point? Would make sense if they matched what's on the App (as more people migrate to using that)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Dan - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 4:55 pm)Ambassador Are there plans to redo the names at some point? Would make sense if they matched what's on the App (as more people migrate to using that)

Yes; there is a plan to launch the Next Stop Announcement media on every service, but it has to be a gradual roll-out, due to the time it takes to create the media.

We'll be ditching the references to Lloyds TSB too, given that it's been a good three years since Lloyds and TSB split.

It is more likely that the stops on the app will be re-named to match the Next Stop Announcements, as the NAPTAN stop information often leaves a lot to be desired. Indeed, I believe this is already in the works for the Hadrian's Wall AD122 stop list on the app.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - NK53 TKT - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 4:59 pm)Dan Yes; there is a plan to launch the Next Stop Announcement media on every service, but it has to be a gradual roll-out, due to the time it takes to create the media.

We'll be ditching the references to Lloyds TSB too, given that it's been a good three years since Lloyds and TSB split.

It is more likely that the stops on the app will be re-named to match the Next Stop Announcements, as the NAPTAN stop information often leaves a lot to be desired. Indeed, I believe this is already in the works for the Hadrian's Wall AD122 stop list on the app.

When will all this be complete just I can name a few stops now that are different on the app than on the bus

(17 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm)NK53 TKT When will all this be complete just I can name a few stops now that are different on the app than on the bus

It's a time-consuming process which involves several different people from different departments, so it'll be a while before all of this is complete.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - NK53 TKT - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm)Dan It's a time-consuming process which involves several different people from different departments, so it'll be a while before all of this is complete.

Thanks

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Jamie M - 17 Apr 2016

Talking of mobile apps, that doesnt even work on my S6, put a complaint in ages ago and still no joy.

(17 Apr 2016, 7:09 pm)Jamie M Talking of mobile apps, that doesnt even work on my S6, put a complaint in ages ago and still no joy.

It works on my S6 fine - even from the early stages of BETA testing, before the app was released publicly.

Not much I can do, but I'm intrigued... What's the problem you're having with the app?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Jamie M - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm)Dan It works on my S6 fine - even from the early stages of BETA testing, before the app was released publicly.

Not much I can do, but I'm intrigued... What's the problem you're having with the app?
Keeps profusely telling me that "The login has failed - Please try again."
Done the basic uninstall - reinstall - update et cetera, few other people have had the issue looking at the app comments in the store.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Malarkey - 17 Apr 2016

Not sure whether it has been noted elsewhere in other threads, but the 82/82A/82B do not serve Washington Retail Park/Sainsburys Car Park on a Sunday, instead they do a loop of the Bus Station and go out past the Leisure Centre to head through Biddick like the 2A does.

(17 Apr 2016, 7:27 pm)Malarkey Not sure whether it has been noted elsewhere in other threads, but the 82/82A/82B do not serve Washington Retail Park/Sainsburys Car Park on a Sunday, instead they do a loop of the Bus Station and go out past the Leisure Centre to head through Biddick like the 2A does.

Services 82, 82A & 82B
  • Sunday service revised. All Sunday journeys omit SavaCentre Car Park.
Read more: http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-services-from-17-april

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Tom - 17 Apr 2016

Is 3888 VOR? Haven't seen it in any pictures of it on the 434 and was often on the 1.

(17 Apr 2016, 7:31 pm)Tom Is 3888 VOR? Haven't seen it in any pictures of it on the 434 and was often on the 1.

Yes, it's at Riverside being repaired. Has been VOR for about a fortnight now.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Tom - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm)Dan Yes, it's at Riverside being repaired. Has been VOR for about a fortnight now.

Cheers

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - BusLoverMum - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 4:59 pm)Dan Yes; there is a plan to launch the Next Stop Announcement media on every service, but it has to be a gradual roll-out, due to the time it takes to create the media.

I wonder if the Salutation stop in Durham will be renamed when it becomes a Co-op? I'm expecting not, since the county is full of stops named after long gone post offices.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Ambassador - 17 Apr 2016

(17 Apr 2016, 7:14 pm)Jamie M Keeps profusely telling me that "The login has failed - Please try again."
Done the basic uninstall - reinstall - update et cetera, few other people have had the issue looking at the app comments in the store.

I found the app was a bit glitchy when my S6 Edge upgraded to Marshmallow, but clearing the cache and data helped. I gave up on my old login and used a newer gmail one and that seemed to cure my issues too. 

My only annoyance was the lack of screenshot ability. There's ways around it though.