North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1751)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - L469 YVK - 30 Apr 2016

This is what I think will happen to the TEN, 11 and 96 eventually regarding previous mentions the other day about the rumor of service 11 being withdrawn:

- 10 remains the same and same frequency.

- 10B becomes the 10A with same route and frequency.

- NEW 10B replaces 11 between Blackhall Mill and Pack Horse, then running same route as current 10a from there to Newcastle. Serves Woodside during evenings and Sundays too. Every 30 mins Monday to Saturday; every 60 mins evenings and Sundays.

- Current 10A becomes 10C from Rockwood Hill to Newcastle. Would run same route as service current service 11 between Pack Horse and Fox & Hounds then running normal route from there to Newcastle. Every 30 mins Monday to Saturday; every 60 mins evenings and Sundays.

- Current 11A journeys renumbered to service 11.

-96 during Monday to Saturday daytime running with a PVR of 3 no longer serving Eldon Square. Would loop via New Bridge Street, Pilgrim Street and Market Street.

Other notes:
- Total PVR out of the TEN and 11/96 would increase from 21 vehicles to 22 vehicles.

- All Hexham journeys operated by double deck vehicles; all 10 journeys operated by Hexham Depot including a 30 minute layover during evenings.

- All Hexham / Prudhoe journeys during Monday to Saturday daytime operated by double deck vehicles.

- All Blackhall Mill / Rockwood Hill journeys operated by single deck vehicles bar 1x board (Monday to Friday only).

- All Sunday daytime 10A journeys to Prudhoe operated by single deck vehicles.

- Although the PVR has been very slightly increased including a few more drivers being required out of the Hexham Depot for evening journeys, the vehicles used on the TEN group of services would be very fuel efficient and certain grants / subsidies may be available.

- Although journeys from Prudhoe and Greenside strictly combine properly towards Newcastle during Sunday daytimes, journeys towards Prudhoe and Greenside would run on a 15 / 45 basis to improve reliability.

- Buses would run every 7-8 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytime between Crawcrook and Newcastle as well as every 15 minutes during evenings and Sundays.

Please see attached running board samples as well as fleet allocation:

.xlsx
TEN.xlsx
Size: 24.38 KB / Downloads: 34

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2016

I have seen some strange places for a driver changeover, but the stop on the A183 (next to the Lambton Garden Centre), about 20mins back - is up there.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Davie - 30 Apr 2016

Has 8297(?) transferred to Riverside yet? I believe that was the Versa off for PSV when the depot changes occurred.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 6:41 pm)Andreos1 I have seen some strange places for a driver changeover, but the stop on the A183 (next to the Lambton Garden Centre), about 20mins back - is up there.

There must have been a need to relive a driver who had been delayed beyond their driving hours.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Dan - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:09 pm)Davie Has 8297(?) transferred to Riverside yet? I believe that was the Versa off for PSV when the depot changes occurred.

Yes.

Entered service at Riverside yesterday, so all South Tynes have now arrived from Washington.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - Andreos1 - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:13 pm)BusLoverMum There must have been a need to relive a driver who had been delayed beyond their driving hours.

I thought that initially.
But the bus was on time - on its half hourly frequency. I am guessing a short notice replacement driver maybe?

The choice of stop is what got me.
There are a number of more suitable stops (that don't involve the crew van parking with hazards on) in the vicinity though.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - citaro5284 - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:21 pm)Andreos1 I thought that initially.
But the bus was on time - on its half hourly frequency. I am guessing a short notice replacement driver maybe?

The choice of stop is what got me.
There are a number of more suitable stops (that don't involve the crew van parking with hazards on) in the vicinity though.

Quite possible that the driver was late off from his previous journey and the spare started the journey, or that the driver concerned needed to be relieved from their duty.  Quite a number of reasons for a changeover at any location, although the stop in question does seem strange.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:16 pm)Dan Yes.

Entered service at Riverside yesterday, so all South Tynes have now arrived from Washington.

Its been in Service more than 1 day, It entered service on the same day as 8300 and that was around Tuesday or Wednesday.

8301 is still to enter service.