North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - S813 FVK - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:34 pm)Michael Ah right, how long will the Cadets remain at Washington then until all of the Streetlites are in service?

I can't see anything bigger than the Cadets/Merits/MPDs being allocated to the Washington services (being slightly more general here). Solars would be a waste i'd say (and this is having never used the services, to be fair).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Malarkey - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:36 pm)citaro5284 btw, does a relation of yours work at Washington Depot Adam?  There is a guy there that looks a bit like yourself.

None of my Family work for GNE.

(18 May 2016, 8:39 pm)S813 FVK I can't see anything bigger than the Cadets/Merits/MPDs being allocated to the Washington services (being slightly more general here). Solars would be a waste i'd say (and this is having never used the services, to be fair).

Yet we have B7TL Presidents allocated to the Services on a daily basis, think the elderly residents of nearby Birtley would jump for joy if a Solar turned up instead of a Double Decker, fewer complaints for GNE to deal with.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - S813 FVK - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:44 pm)Malarkey Yet we have B7TL Presidents allocated to the Services on a daily basis, think the elderly residents of nearby Birtley would jump for joy if a Solar turned up instead of a Double Decker, fewer complaints for GNE to deal with.

I'd much rather have a Solar over a President, too but I think it was said that the B7s were allocated over the solars was because of the shorter wheelbase for getting around the estates?  If so, I think that's another reason why Solars wouldn't be suitable for the routes (not suggesting for one second that they can't operate the routes as they have in the past).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - NK53 TKT - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:53 pm)S813 FVK I'd much rather have a Solar over a President, too but I think it was said that the B7s were allocated over the solars was because of the shorter wheelbase for getting around the estates?  If so, I think that's another reason why Solars wouldn't be suitable for the routes (not suggesting for one second that they can't operate the routes as they have in the past).

Have 4961, 4962 and 4963 been used on the local services before, as they could be tried out

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Dan - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:41 pm)Malarkey None of my Family work for GNE.

Saw him again today - he is the spit and dabs of you!! Had to do a double take the first time I saw him a few weeks ago...

(18 May 2016, 9:12 pm)Dan Saw him again today - he is the spit and dabs of you!! Had to do a double take the first time I saw him a few weeks ago...

I will have to keep lookout for this person on my local services, unless he is an engineer or member of management at Washington Depot.

(18 May 2016, 9:06 pm)NK53 TKT Have 4961, 4962 and 4963 been used on the local services before, as they could be tried out

Yes they see regular use also, basically anything that is in Corporate Livery goes on the 82/82A/85 & 86.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Rapidsnap - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:53 pm)S813 FVK I'd much rather have a Solar over a President, too but I think it was said that the B7s were allocated over the solars was because of the shorter wheelbase for getting around the estates?  If so, I think that's another reason why Solars wouldn't be suitable for the routes (not suggesting for one second that they can't operate the routes as they have in the past).

Hmm Classic seemed to cope no problem with running them B10BLEs around Barley Mow Estate a few years ago. Going further back I think Go-Ahead Gateshead had Optare Sigmas going around the place too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Andreos1 - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 10:28 pm)GMitchelhill Hmm Classic seemed to cope no problem with running them B10BLEs around Barley Mow Estate a few years ago. Going further back I think Go-Ahead Gateshead had Optare Sigmas going around the place too.

The tightest parts traditionally were always on Dorset Avenue. Only the 23 serves that road now - whereas the 26, 721 and 777 all served it in the past. The rest of Barley Mow is fine and normally clear of parked cars too.

Parts of Vigo can be tight, particularly at the junctions with Portobello Road and as Vigo meets Barley Mow.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Jimmi - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 8:44 pm)Malarkey Yet we have B7TL Presidents allocated to the Services on a daily basis, think the elderly residents of nearby Birtley would jump for joy if a Solar turned up instead of a Double Decker, fewer complaints for GNE to deal with.

There always seems to be at least B7TL President out on one of the Washington services when I've been over that way, usually the 82/82A from my observations. I'm imagining Washington have so many B7's free primarily as back ups for the X1. Is most of the complaints about the double deckers related to the low capacity downstairs? I would think this would be less of an issue on the likes of the 85 considering the downstairs capacity is similar to what you get on the MPD's. I sometimes used to hear grumblings from people on the Arriva Darlington 5/5A route in the past as one board used to be booked for a Enviro 400, so it doesn't seem to be just the people of Washington whinging about it.

(18 May 2016, 10:42 pm)Andreos1 The tightest parts traditionally were always on Dorset Avenue. Only the 23 serves that road now - whereas the 26, 721 and 777 all served it in the past. The rest of Barley Mow is fine and normally clear of parked cars too.

Parts of Vigo can be tight, particularly at the junctions with Portobello Road and as Vigo meets Barley Mow.

Going off topic slightly, but I've been on the 23 twice in recent months and on both occasions I've got the JH Coaches board on a Washington bound journey and there is somewhere on the route (think it's either London Avenue or Oxford Avenue) and on both occasions the Primo used on the service has had great difficulty squeezing through here due to some people who seem to think it's perfectly alright to park a van on one side of the road with a car parked on the opposite side of the road not much further forward than the van, the road.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - BusLoverMum - 19 May 2016

Another TTX failed
Take a look at @gonortheast's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/733166105817190400?s=09

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Michael - 19 May 2016

(19 May 2016, 6:16 am)BusLoverMum Another TTX failed
Take a look at @gonortheast's Tweet: https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/733166105817190400?s=09

Oh dear, lets hope they aren't getting like the B7's! (Jokes)

Can you believe the B9's on the TTX will be 4 years old in August... its flew over

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Andreos1 - 19 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 11:25 pm)Jimmi There always seems to be at least B7TL President out on one of the Washington services when I've been over that way, usually the 82/82A from my observations. I'm imagining Washington have so many B7's free primarily as back ups for the X1. Is most of the complaints about the double deckers related to the low capacity downstairs? I would think this would be less of an issue on the likes of the 85 considering the downstairs capacity is similar to what you get on the MPD's. I sometimes used to hear grumblings from people on the Arriva Darlington 5/5A route in the past as one board used to be booked for a Enviro 400, so it doesn't seem to be just the people of Washington whinging about it.

Going off topic slightly, but I've been on the 23 twice in recent months and on both occasions I've got the JH Coaches board on a Washington bound journey and there is somewhere on the route (think it's either London Avenue or Oxford Avenue) and on both occasions the Primo used on the service has had great difficulty squeezing through here due to some people who seem to think it's perfectly alright to park a van on one side of the road with a car parked on the opposite side of the road not much further forward than the van, the road.
London and Oxford Aves are in Donwell, Washington.
There hasn't been a bus round there since the old school minibuses on the w5/w6 many moons ago.
Spookily enough, parked cars caused chaos then too.

From your description of the parked vehicles, that matches the situation seen regularly on Dorset Avenue.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Coppercap40 - 19 May 2016

Can anyone say what working 8267 is on today please ?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Ryan99 - 19 May 2016

(19 May 2016, 6:21 am)Michael Oh dear, lets hope they aren't getting like the B7's! (Jokes)

Can you believe the B9's on the TTX will be 4 years old in August... its flew over

What I'm guessing is the Tyne tees xpress get more new buses next year or year after its boyond a joke now too many times its happend

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - TEN 6083 - 19 May 2016

Saw 3963 parked opposite Prudhoe Waterworld when took car for some petrol and was NIS had gone by time paid and got back to the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - TEN 6083 - 19 May 2016

Saw 3963 parked opposite Prudhoe Waterworld when took car for some petrol and was NIS had gone by time paid and got back to the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 19 May 2016

Will 7096 replace 7077 in the driving fleet?
If so i think the livery would look nice.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - park5354 - 19 May 2016

4976 parked in vor row at Riverside. Looks much better in RED ARROW RED, much brighter that the dull looking GNE corporate Red.