North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Jamie M - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 2:09 pm)Malarkey By the sounds of it the Drivers dont like Streetlites at all

I recall being on the 46 and it took no more than 10 minutes for a disabled user to wheel on and get through the polls at Metrocentre. The driver shouted about how {insert vulgar term} awful the (then new) red kite streetlites where. Most of the time I do like to take a streetlite, but they feel underpowered on the hills - often choking gear changes on service 8 in between no place and Stanley.
I do personally feel GNE could do better than rolling out these buses for longer, steeper routes where they don't ever feel suited. This similarly goes for the peak X66s where they are obviously too small regardless of frequency.

If GNE were to reallocate the Streetlites to a less steep, shorter route (93/94 for example), they'd be perfect.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - stagecoachbusdepot - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 11:14 am)Tom And the blue ones are for the 17...? Well not sure if it'll be the 17 for much longer.

As they are in colbalt blue, the 19 would seem more likely - though not sure if there are already too many painted to cover that PVR

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Dan - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 2:09 pm)Malarkey By the sounds of it the Drivers dont like Streetlites at all, if this is the case from comments from various depots then why do GNE persist in continuing to purchase this vehicle in particular over other vehicle on the market

Appreciate drivers may not be fond of them, and understand this needs to be kept in mind when buying vehicles (that bus is a driver's 'office' for up to five hours at a time so an uncomfortable bus to drive would possibly demotivate the driver), but there are so many more things to consider.

The Streetlite Micro-Hybrid has proven itself to be an ideal full-size single deck model for Go North East's services. These vehicles have a significant reduction in fuel costs compared to heavy-weight models such as Mercedes Citaros, and the Streetlite Micro-Hybrid also qualifies for additional BSOG payments (6p per kilometre). There is also a maintenance cost saving, as the Streetlite Micro-Hybrid vehicle type is very reliable.

I cannot see the WF Streetlite model being selected over the Optare Solo M925 model, but the purpose of a demonstration trial is to compare it against other models.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - stagecoachbusdepot - 21 May 2016

(20 May 2016, 11:49 pm)Ryan99 Perhaps the blue Solars are for the 61 and they possibly could be calling it blue arrow ...

I still don't understand why they didn't just leave the silver citaros branded up as silver arrows - it's not like the brand is specific to a certain route or geography.  The arrows are all pretty meaningless brands but would have been better than having plain silver buses for the last 18+ months.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - BusLoverMum - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 12:23 pm)citaro5284 You just cannot get the staff BLM.....

Dan is there tomorrow at Riverside, so get him told about all the problems with the Next Stop Tongue

I suspect it's a gps problem. The systems seem to be easily confused by routes which cross over themselves.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Ambassador - 21 May 2016

There seems to hav e been even more then usual non Hybrid runs in the 21 this week. Anyone know if there's issues with the Hybrids?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - L469 YVK - 21 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 2:22 pm)Dan Appreciate drivers may not be fond of them, and understand this needs to be kept in mind when buying vehicles (that bus is a driver's 'office' for up to five hours at a time so an uncomfortable bus to drive would possibly demotivate the driver), but there are so many more things to consider.

The Streetlite Micro-Hybrid has proven itself to be an ideal full-size single deck model for Go North East's services. These vehicles have a significant reduction in fuel costs compared to heavy-weight models such as Mercedes Citaros, and the Streetlite Micro-Hybrid also qualifies for additional BSOG payments (6p per kilometre). There is also a maintenance cost saving, as the Streetlite Micro-Hybrid vehicle type is very reliable.

I cannot see the WF Streetlite model being selected over the Optare Solo M925 model, but the purpose of a demonstration trial is to compare it against other models.

Have to agree with you. Yes they might be a bit slow here and there but at the end of the day, the cost of running a heavy duty single deck vehicle can't be justified in most cases as well as the increased purchase costs . As long as they remain reliable for years to come, then that should do.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Dan - 22 May 2016

The service changes at Deptford Depot effective today have resulted in a number of vehicle movements, which are summarised below.

- DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8258 (NK04 FPC) has been withdrawn from service at Deptford.
- Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaros 5320 (NK58 DVW), 5321 (NK58 DVX), 5322 (NK58 DVY), 5323 (NK58 DVZ) and 5324 (NK58 DWA) have transferred from Deptford to Riverside.
- Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8328 (NK11 HBC) has transferred from Riverside to Deptford.

Further vehicle movements and withdrawals will take place over the coming days.

Allocation Changes
  • Service 33 at Deptford is now allocated corporate liveried MPD vehicles. The Wright Streetlite WF demonstrator, fleet number 9101, should transfer to Deptford tomorrow for a demonstration trial on this service.
  • Service 39 at Deptford is now allocated light red Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles. Until the entire allocation are repainted red, "Prince Bishops" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles will be allocated to service 39 alongside the red examples.
  • Service 61 at Deptford is now allocated "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa vehicles again. As only four examples were cascaded from "SimpliCity" service 2, the fifth bus in the allocation will be red Optare Versa 8328, which has transferred from Riverside as mentioned above.
  • Service N56 at Deptford is now allocated red Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid vehicles. As the two red examples have not yet been delivered, this service will be allocated "Prince Bishops" branded examples for now.

The five silver Mercedes Citaros which have transferred from Deptford to Riverside will not be allocated to a specific service at the latter (for now). They should be allocated to services 27, 49 and 57 as preference when branded vehicles are unavailable, but can also be allocated to the Quaylink and Citylink 58 services if both red Optare Versas at Riverside have already been allocated. The PVR of the Quaylink Q3 increases from tomorrow, with more running and recovery time added into the timetable in the afternoon peak to improve the reliability of this service, due to ongoing issues at Gosforth. It is quite likely that one of these silver Mercedes Citaros will be allocated to this running board.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, the Next Stop Announcements have also been updated on service 56, in line with the service changes at Deptford. As per the recent updates at Washington, the slides are now in 'line plan' format including information such as BuzzFare boundary zones, and Emma Hignett has voiced the audio. If you're out and about on the 56, feel free  to drop me a note with any feedback!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 22 May 2016

(22 May 2016, 6:45 am)Dan The service changes at Deptford Depot effective today have resulted in a number of vehicle movements, which are summarised below.

- DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8258 (NK04 FPC) has been withdrawn from service at Deptford.
- Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaros 5320 (NK58 DVW), 5321 (NK58 DVX), 5322 (NK58 DVY), 5323 (NK58 DVZ) and 5324 (NK58 DWA) have transferred from Deptford to Riverside.
- Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8328 (NK11 HBC) has transferred from Riverside to Deptford.

Allocation Changes
  • Service 33 at Deptford is now allocated corporate liveried MPD vehicles. The Wright Streetlite WF demonstrator, fleet number 9101, should transfer to Deptford tomorrow for a demonstration trial on this service.
  • Service 39 at Deptford is now allocated light red Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles. Until the entire allocation are repainted red, "Prince Bishops" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles will be allocated to service 39 alongside the red examples.
  • Service 61 at Deptford is now allocated "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa vehicles again. As only four examples were cascaded from "SimpliCity" service 2, the fifth bus in the allocation will be red Optare Versa 8328, which has transferred from Riverside as mentioned above.
  • Service N56 at Deptford is now allocated red Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid vehicles. As the two red examples have not yet been delivered, this service will be allocated "Prince Bishops" branded examples for now.

The five silver Mercedes Citaros which have transferred from Deptford to Riverside will not be allocated to a specific service at the latter (for now). They should be allocated to services 27, 49 and 57 as preference when branded vehicles are unavailable, but can also be allocated to the Quaylink and Citylink 58 services if both red Optare Versas at Riverside have already been allocated. The PVR of the Quaylink Q3 increases from tomorrow, with more running and recovery time added into the timetable in the afternoon peak to improve the reliability of this service, due to ongoing issues at Gosforth. It is quite likely that one of these silver Mercedes Citaros will be allocated to this running board.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, the Next Stop Announcements have also been updated on service 56, in line with the service changes at Deptford. As per the recent updates at Washington, the slides are now in 'line plan' format including information such as BuzzFare boundary zones, and Emma Hignett has voiced the audio. If you're out and about on the 56, feel free  to drop me a note with any feedback!

I never thought the silver citaros would leave i bet parts of seaham wont be happy to see those 09 reg things return

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - Michael - 22 May 2016

(22 May 2016, 6:45 am)Dan The service changes at Deptford Depot effective today have resulted in a number of vehicle movements, which are summarised below.

Allocation Changes

I agree with Biglugs, surprised Deptford have lost the Silver Citaro's.

Will the spare Citaro from the 35/36 remain long term on the 35/36 while roadworks are happening in the Hylton Park Area with the new bridge as an extra vehicle in the PVR?

Also... thank god all of the Cadets are gone from Sunderland!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 22 May 2016

(22 May 2016, 7:47 am)Michael I agree with Biglugs, surprised Deptford have lost the Silver Citaro's.

Will the spare Citaro from the 35/36 remain long term on the 35/36 while roadworks are happening in the Hylton Park Area with the new bridge as an extra vehicle in the PVR?

Also... thank god all of the Cadets are gone from Sunderland!

I agree about cadets as i went on 8258 yesterday and lots of rain was coming into the bus.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - NK53 TKT - 22 May 2016

Allocation Changes

Me is very happy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 
I know can expect 5320-5324 and I have no 8328

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - omnicity4659 - 22 May 2016

6133 is currently sat at Metrocentre Interchange blinded up for Shuttle Bus

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - S813 FVK - 22 May 2016

I was just thinking what services 5320-5324 could be allocated to at Riverside when the time comes and i could only think of the 67/69 which i think have a PVR of 5 going off when 8242-8246 were allocated.

They could also replace 5234-5238 on the 12/12A but i have a feeling they will want to keep the same vehicle type across the Toon Link services and the Omnicities don't quite need replacing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(22 May 2016, 1:06 pm)S813 FVK I was just thinking what services 5320-5324 could be allocated to at Riverside when the time comes and i could only think of the 67/69 which i think have a PVR of 5 going off when 8242-8246 were allocated.

They could also replace 5234-5238 on the 12/12A but i have a feeling they will want to keep the same vehicle type across the Toon Link services and the Omnicities don't quite need replacing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could displace 5167-71 to withdrawn
But 5320 has aloud 8328 to go to deptford

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - brianr - 22 May 2016

5169-71 now parked up at Saltmeadows.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - idiot - 22 May 2016

2a left Borough Road early. Great when people aren't sure where the bus stop is now (including me who knew about the changes).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - L469 YVK - 22 May 2016

Is service 19 due to remain operated by Eclipses for the foreseeable future or could 5320-5324 end up becoming part of the fleet once such decision has been made about whether or not the need for additional vehicles at Riverside exists in the long term?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - citaro5284 - 22 May 2016

(22 May 2016, 3:01 pm)L469 YVK Is service 19 due to remain operated by Eclipses for the foreseeable future or could 5320-5324 end up becoming part of the fleet once such decision has been made about whether or not the need for additional vehicles at Riverside exists in the long term?

They have gone there to withdraw 5168 - 5171, so they have not gone there as additional vehicles.  8328 has gone back to Deptford so it is 5 in and 5 out at Riverside.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2016 - L469 YVK - 22 May 2016

(22 May 2016, 3:19 pm)citaro5284 They have gone there to withdraw 5168 - 5171, so they have not gone there as additional vehicles.  8328 has gone back to Deptford so it is 5 in and 5 out at Riverside.

But to withdraw them vehicles, could 4978 - 4982 not have been used as the additional vehicles instead?

I'm not saying that they're a bad choice for the 19. Just a bit strange going from 51 plate SPDs to 56 reg Omnicites then back to 54 reg Volvo Eclipses. Does the 19 no longer justify any premium vehicles being used on the service compared to when it was upgraded to Omnicities?