North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 15 Oct 2016

(15 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm)Michael Not sure, as we don't know the Frequency's yet, hopefully the X7 does keep the Citaro's though... what year was the X7 launched again?

It was launched in early 2013.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 15 Oct 2016

(15 Oct 2016, 12:19 pm)Jimmi Can't see there being a second registration for the X7 considering the fact that the registration we have seen for the X7 has the service as terminating at Peterlee Oakerside Park which seems a random place for it to terminate, unless you were going to bypass Peterlee Bus Station entirely, surely you would split the service at Peterlee Bus Station rather than a random place in the Peterlee area. Considering the fact that the 202 will be extended Station Town does make me think the X7 will no longer run beyond Peterlee.

Don't ask me where Oakerside Park is as I haven't a clue but I think the 23 heads round that way, maybe?

Oakerside Park is where Arriva service 24 runs just after Peterlee bus station towards Durham. maybe GNE are stepping on Arrivas toes since Arriva are running an hourly service through Seaham.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 15 Oct 2016

(15 Oct 2016, 12:22 pm)Andreos1 It was launched in early 2013.

Thanks, so it's nearly been 4 years and now they decide to take the Peterlee to Boro section away.... no doubt the changes will say "Due to low passengers on this section of the route"...........

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 15 Oct 2016

(15 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm)Michael no doubt the changes will say "Due to low passengers on this section of the route"...........

And what if its true? A few busy journeys isn't necessarily enough for continued running of a service.

(15 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm)cbma06 Oakerside Park is where Arriva service 24 runs just after Peterlee bus station towards Durham. maybe GNE are stepping on Arrivas toes since Arriva are running an hourly service through Seaham.

A little loop around Passfield Way, Oakerside and Durham Way perhaps?

I'm not sure Peterlee is ripe for bus wars mind.

(15 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm)S813 FVK And what if its true? A few busy journeys isn't necessarily enough for continued running of a service.

If it is, then why not change them long ago, unless numbers have dramatically dropped the last year........

I'm just guessing that service X6 and X7 would be hourly and X5 maybe half hourly between Peterlee and Sunderland and hourly between Peterlee and Hartlepool, providing a 30 minute frequency between Hartlepool and Peterlee with service X6, with service X6 and X7 providing a bus half hourly between Sunderland and Peterlee.

unless Dan wants to share information with other members of this fourm.

(15 Oct 2016, 12:28 pm)Andreos1 A little loop around Passfield Way, Oakerside and Durham Way perhaps?

I'm not sure Peterlee is ripe for bus wars mind.

I live on that section, GNE was going to run a service around Oakerside a few years ago, but Arriva diverted service 22 on a 30 minute service around there so that stopped GNE running there, before it was an hourly service round there with the council wanting a 30 minute frequency.

I can see it now, when service X7 is delayed it will be terminating at Peterlee bus station, as this is what Arriva drivers did when service 25 was running late and decided not to run the bus station to oakerside section which left stranded passengers at the bus station making other arrangements of getting taxis etc...

(15 Oct 2016, 12:39 pm)cbma06 I'm just guessing that service X6 and X7 would be hourly and X5 maybe half hourly between Peterlee and Sunderland and hourly between Peterlee and Hartlepool, providing a 30 minute frequency between Hartlepool and Peterlee with service X6, with service X6 and X7 providing a bus half hourly between Sunderland and Peterlee.

unless Dan wants to share information with other members of this fourm.

That's unlikely hahaha

(14 Oct 2016, 3:05 pm)Tom 202 going to Station Town by the looks of it

I wonder if the new 202 will go via Grampian drive in Peterlee between Moorcock and the bus station, since that area lost its bus service since there diverted service 21A from there quite awhile ago. so service 201 observe the north side and service 202 observe the south side. unless there want to observe east durham college.

(15 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm)Michael Thanks, so it's nearly been 4 years and now they decide to take the Peterlee to Boro section away.... no doubt the changes will say "Due to low passengers on this section of the route"...........
Yeah, it was when a load of people joined the forum.

The X7 has had a few cut-backs over the years. I can't remember which specific runs were cut mind. 

(15 Oct 2016, 12:45 pm)cbma06 I live on that section, GNE was going to run a service around Oakerside a few years ago, but Arriva diverted service 22 on a 30 minute service around there so that stopped GNE running there, before it was an hourly service round there with the council wanting a 30 minute frequency.

I can see it now, when service X7 is delayed it will be terminating at Peterlee bus station, as this is what Arriva drivers did when service 25 was running late and decided not to run the bus station to oakerside section which left stranded passengers at the bus station making other arrangements of getting taxis etc...

There is also the 202 to take in to account, with that running from Seaham to Station Town. 

It's going to go one of two ways (via Passfield/Burnhope Way or Blackhall Colliery).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - 2bagstew - 16 Oct 2016

Where is the 202 going turn around in Station Town ?

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 16 Oct 2016

(16 Oct 2016, 9:10 pm)2bagstew Where is the 202 going turn around in Station Town ?

Since DCC are going to run a service 216 from station town to easington lane via Wheatley hill, thornley and haswell at the end of the month and run the service by there own transport fleet, maybe GNE new 202 could of been extended to cover the 216 route and GNE could of done a circular service with seaham to easington lane then 202 clockwise right round in a circle back to easington lane then down to seaham then could of put on service 203 anti clockwise , open up new areas and bring back links between the villages that lost there links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - 2bagstew - 17 Oct 2016

It's from Wheatley Hill to Easington Lane unless you further information

(16 Oct 2016, 9:25 pm)cbma06 Since DCC are going to run a service 216 from station town to easington lane via Wheatley hill, thornley and haswell at the end of the month and run the service by there own transport fleet, maybe GNE new 202 could of been extended to cover the 216 route and GNE could of done a circular service with seaham to easington lane then 202 clockwise right round in a circle back to easington lane then down to seaham then could of put on service 203 anti clockwise , open up new areas and bring back links between the villages that lost there links.

DCC 216
Is it not running from Wheatley Hill to Easington Lane unless you have further info

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 17 Oct 2016

(17 Oct 2016, 4:26 am)2bagstew DCC 216
Is it not running from Wheatley Hill to Easington Lane unless you have further info

216 trimdon to easington lane. Some one posted the link to the timetable on this forum but can't remember which section it was posted in. Every 2 hours daytime.Not on DCC website yet.

I posted that link in the Durham County County section

Go North East have registered changes to their local bus network in east Durham with effect from 4 December 2016.

X6 – A new Monday to Saturday hourly daytime service from Sunderland via Seaham Harbour, Spectrum, Dalton Park, A19, Peterlee Moorcock, Peterlee Bus Station to Blackhall and Hartlepool. Creates new ‘fast’ direct links from Blackhall area to Spectrum and Seaham Harbour.

X7 – This existing Monday to Saturday hourly daytime service from Sunderland to Middlesbrough via Peterlee and Wingate is revised to terminate in Peterlee with a one-way terminal loop around Grampian Drive, Pennine Drive, Oakerside, Southway and Passfield Way. Wingate loses its direct service to Middlesbrough (we are advised numbers travelling were very low) but a service is restored to Grampian Drive (hourly but limited in view of being in one direction only – journeys to Peterlee and the north would be by the ‘long’ way round via Oakerside) with the Oakerside area benefitting from a direct service to Dalton Park, Spectrum, Seaham Harbour and Sunderland. See service 202 for replacement services in Wingate and Station Town to the North.

X35 – Existing service X35 Sunderland to Hartlepool renumbered to X5 to fit in the local number sequence with marketing benefits. No change to route or times.

202 - This existing Monday to Saturday hourly daytime service from Seaham to Peterlee is extended via the A19 to Wingate and Station Town with a terminal loop round the back of Station town Front Street opposite the Care Home. This restores Station Town and Wingate links to the north arising from changes to service X7 and maintains direct links from these communities to Dalton Park, Spectrum and Seaham Harbour.

206 – First journey revised to start at Wingate Fir Tree 4 minutes before current start at Wingate Victoria.

208 – Monday to Friday 0914 journey Easington Village to Peterlee to run 5 minutes earlier.

209/210 – Peterlee to Horden Hall circulars. Monday to Friday 0828 journey Peterlee to Horden Hall retimed to 0858 improving the spread of arrivals in Peterlee from Horden Hall (there will be an 0928 service 210 arrival in Peterlee instead of services 209 and 210 both arriving at 0858). The 0839 service 209 remains for journeys to Cotsford Lane Primary School.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 17 Oct 2016

Thanks for sharing Cbma, where did u get the info from?

(17 Oct 2016, 7:57 am)Michael Thanks for sharing Cbma, where did u get the info from?

I sent an email Saturday night, and got a email reply back this morning with that information.