North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 13 May 2017

(13 May 2017, 11:25 am)Jamie M Probably just DNS servers taking their time, if it's discriminative.

Maybe I really was banned from public transport by that silly Nexus man![Image: 571410b47910ccd05a5307ac027ce5bf.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Mobile users maybe? As that's the same as what I'm getting.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 13 May 2017

(13 May 2017, 11:28 am)Jimmi Mobile users maybe? As that's the same as what I'm getting.
**Nerd content incoming**

I did a bit of digging. It's an issue with Amazon AWS storage servers (for which the domain (assets.goaheadbus.com) uses), where the server does not accept the requests for certain clients. Normally this is a strict process that prevents even error-message formatting from showing to the affected devices. I'd say it's accidental and probably will become working, effective from whenever your DNS (defaultly provided by your service provider) decides to refresh the content cache. Could be minutes or hours. It's already working on my mobile on 4G, so who knows!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 15 May 2017

Post from Order Predictions thread...

(15 May 2017, 7:18 pm)S813 FVK I would say 8319 - 8324 for the 36 with 8325 as its spare. 8306 repainted and branded for S1 replacing 8266 and 8307/8/9/26/7/8 also to Riverside in corporate livery for 67/69 (when not required on Quaylink).

I am quite surprised it hasn't already made its way onto this forum given we've got several Riverside drivers on here and it has been posted elsewhere, but it was recently confirmed to them that services S1 and X66 will be merged into one service in the near future. The registration should be appearing very shortly, probably with a few more...

So you may have to come up with alternative plans for 8306...  Rolleyes

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 15 May 2017

(15 May 2017, 7:23 pm)Dan I am quite surprised it hasn't already made its way onto this forum given we've got several Riverside drivers on here and it has been posted elsewhere, but it was recently confirmed to them that services S1 and X66 will be merged into one service in the near future. The registration should be appearing very shortly, probably with a few more...

So you may have to come up with alternative plans for 8306...  Rolleyes

So does that mean that the S1 will no longer be contracted out by the Metrocentre themselves?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 15 May 2017

(15 May 2017, 7:23 pm)Dan Post from Order Predictions thread...

I am quite surprised it hasn't already made its way onto this forum given we've got several Riverside drivers on here and it has been posted elsewhere, but it was recently confirmed to them that services S1 and X66 will be merged into one service in the near future. The registration should be appearing very shortly, probably with a few more...

So you may have to come up with alternative plans for 8306...  Rolleyes

Going by that information, wonder if an extra Streetlite is on order for the X66, as i would imagine the PVR will increase?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 15 May 2017

(15 May 2017, 7:47 pm)Michael Going by that information, wonder if an extra Streetlite is on order for the X66, as i would imagine the PVR will increase?

Probably, although I think they may just be able to get away with 4 but it wouldn't be ideal.

The current frequency is every 8 minutes (2 hours to get back to an on-the-hour departure) so I would imagine every other journey coming into the Metrocentre would do the S1 loop providing they are planning to keep the 15 minute frequency which is likely.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 16 May 2017

(15 May 2017, 7:53 pm)S813 FVK Probably, although I think they may just be able to get away with 4 but it wouldn't be ideal.

The current frequency is every 8 minutes (2 hours to get back to an on-the-hour departure) so I would imagine every other journey coming into the Metrocentre would do the S1 loop providing they are planning to keep the 15 minute frequency which is likely.

But there is also the increase to the PVR at certain times, regardless of any delays to the service when it scoots around past Asda or Ikea.
A delay to the S1 has far fewer implications than a delay to the X66.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 16 May 2017

(16 May 2017, 8:30 am)Andreos1 But there is also the increase to the PVR at certain times, regardless of any delays to the service when it scoots around past Asda or Ikea.
A delay to the S1 has far fewer implications than a delay to the X66.
The S1 is rather unique in it's secret passageways around the Metrocentre, the only place to get traffic is around the back of Asda, and there's seldom any traffic away from peak time.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - LVK 404L - 16 May 2017

(16 May 2017, 8:58 am)Jamie M The S1 is rather unique in it's secret passageways around the Metrocentre, the only place to get traffic is around the back of Asda, and there's seldom any traffic away from peak time.

The S1 can be stuck in the green car park by Marks and Spencer during busy holiday periods esp Christmas for 40 mins at a time in the past

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 16 May 2017

Didn't GNE did the same thing years ago and had to make it a stand along service again due to congestion in the metro centre car parks , and had to turn the X66 round at metro centre bus station coming in from Gateshead to stop all the X66 buses stuck in traffic in the car parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 16 May 2017

It would still be possible to operate with PVR of 5 and have a decent layover

Currently X66 has 10mins layover & S1 has 2mins after full trip. I've knocked this together and would be possible to for X66 to have 10mins and S1 18mins layover with timing in between (based on current timetable)

.jpg
X66.jpg
Size 82.64 KB / Downloads 27

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 16 May 2017

(16 May 2017, 8:58 am)Jamie M The S1 is rather unique in it's secret passageways around the Metrocentre, the only place to get traffic is around the back of Asda, and there's seldom any traffic away from peak time.

I'm not sure whether re-building work has taken place in the intervening years, but there are (or were) a couple more secret passageways.
Prior the Metrocentre opening on Sundays, it played host to an annual road-race that started near Marksies and entered the loading area behind Home-Sense. 
I can't remember the exact route from there, but without entering the centre, the race emerged somewhere near House of Fraser, before finishing at Marksies.
(16 May 2017, 9:09 am)ifm001 The S1 can be stuck in the green car park by Marks and Spencer during busy holiday periods esp Christmas for 40 mins at a time in the past

Not forgetting the section between the coach park and the roundabout at Asda/Harry Ramsdens.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Malarkey - 17 May 2017

Just going to go out on limb and say the evening service in Washington is an absolute joke, with a review of the network and timings altered to meet passenger demand and improve overall reliability.

So here is a example in it's finest form from my evening commute back home from work.

Today I was on my usual 11:30-19:30 shift to which I will catch the 20 at 19:50 from Doxford International to Houghton le Spring before getting on the 20:10 X1 to The Galleries, which usually gets into The Galleries at around 20:23, coincidentally at the same time the 50A departs to go Chester le Street, to which I have caught once in the past week, every other time pulling away as I got to the doors of stand c. Now if I lived in or around Pelton or Beamish for the sake of this argument, I could either wait 1 hour for the next 50A or catch the 82 to Birtley and then for a 21 to CLS to therefore make a connection onto either the 28/34 or 78 to get home, bit of a pain in the arse when a Driver could quite easily wait an extra 30 Seconds to see if anyone gets off and wants the bus before pulling away, but no they always pull away before you even get a chance to get off the other bus don't they.

Another example would be again catching the X1 but this time from Newcastle to Washington which arrives at 20:32, ohhh coincidentally the exact same time the 82 departs to go Birtley, the 4 departs towards Heworth ohhh and lets not forget the 4 in opposite direction towards Houghton, basically meaning anyone looking to make an onward connection onto the housing estates of Washington etc are faced with waiting upto 30 Minutes for the next bus, or worse case scenario if live in Chester le Street or beyond Penshaw heading into Sunderland you have an hour to wait for the next bus.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 18 May 2017

(17 May 2017, 9:17 pm)Malarkey Just going to go out on limb and say the evening service in Washington is an absolute joke, with a review of the network and timings altered to meet passenger demand and improve overall reliability.

So here is a example in it's finest form from my evening commute back home from work.

Today I was on my usual 11:30-19:30 shift to which I will catch the 20 at 19:50 from Doxford International to Houghton le Spring before getting on the 20:10 X1 to The Galleries, which usually gets into The Galleries at around 20:23, coincidentally at the same time the 50A departs to go Chester le Street, to which I have caught once in the past week, every other time pulling away as I got to the doors of stand c. Now if I lived in or around Pelton or Beamish for the sake of this argument, I could either wait 1 hour for the next 50A or catch the 82 to Birtley and then for a 21 to CLS to therefore make a connection onto either the 28/34 or 78 to get home, bit of a pain in the arse when a Driver could quite easily wait an extra 30 Seconds to see if anyone gets off and wants the bus before pulling away, but no they always pull away before you even get a chance to get off the other bus don't they.

Another example would be again catching the X1 but this time from Newcastle to Washington which arrives at 20:32, ohhh coincidentally the exact same time the 82 departs to go Birtley, the 4 departs towards Heworth ohhh and lets not forget the 4 in opposite direction towards Houghton, basically meaning anyone looking to make an onward connection onto the housing estates of Washington etc are faced with waiting upto 30 Minutes for the next bus, or worse case scenario if live in Chester le Street or beyond Penshaw heading into Sunderland you have an hour to wait for the next bus.

I've made similar comments about services in Chester on an evening. Far from ideal.

However, getting back to Washington... Services and connections late on in the afternoon have caused me no end of problems. What would be 1 bus trip ends up being two, a long wait and a long walk.

Edit: Meant Sunday afternoon services.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 18 May 2017

(18 May 2017, 4:42 pm)Andreos1 I've made similar comments about services in Chester on an evening. Far from ideal.

However, getting back to Washington... Services and connections late on in the afternoon have caused me no end of problems. What would be 1 bus trip ends up being two, a long wait and a long walk.
It's just Go North East promoting personal exercise to its loyal passengers!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Crusader - 18 May 2017

(17 May 2017, 9:17 pm)Malarkey Just going to go out on limb and say the evening service in Washington is an absolute joke, with a review of the network and timings altered to meet passenger demand and improve overall reliability.

But if you worked at Doxford and lived in Chester le Street, it would be easier to get the 36 from Houghton at 20.33 - no need to go via Washington and potentially miss the connection?

The X1 is due to arrive at Washington Galleries from Newcastle at xx27 on an evening - which should give enough time to connect with a service departing at xx32

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 20 May 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 10:56 am)Michael Got a email with all the changes:

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-21-may-2017-236219

A reminder that the changes in Newcastle, Gateshead, Consett, Stanley and North West County Durham happen tomorrow.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 21 May 2017

Is the bank-holiday X31 (when the toon play..) still allocated a B9TL?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Crusader - 23 May 2017

Not sure if anyone else has noticed...it's now been over 12 months since the last change in Sunderland north estates!! Must be a record ?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 23 May 2017

(23 May 2017, 8:30 pm)Crusader Not sure if anyone else has noticed...it's now been over 12 months since the last change in Sunderland north estates!! Must be a record ?

I wonder if Stagecoach will return to review Sunderland, after they visit Teesside for a 10% cull of the PVR there?