North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - LeeCalder - 15 Jun 2017

(15 Jun 2017, 5:02 pm)Jamie M Is the 689 staying at Stanley?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No, Hexham have gained the 689 alongside some miscellaneous workings.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 15 Jun 2017

(15 Jun 2017, 7:51 pm)LeeCalder No, Hexham have gained the 689 alongside some miscellaneous workings.

The 689 is currently operated by 'Venture' with two 'mature' drivers alternating.
When it arrives in Hexham (weekdays) it runs the 687 to Corbridge and back before returning to Consett.
The two drivers expressed their unwillingness to 'change' (I believe both are beyond retirement age).

I would have thought that a 689 service would need to operate from Consett rather than from Hexham (more people wanting to visit Hexham from Consett than Consett from Hexham).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 15 Jun 2017

(15 Jun 2017, 7:51 pm)LeeCalder No, Hexham have gained the 689 alongside some miscellaneous workings.

Wonder if the Versa's from Deptford will move to a depot with Solo's so the Solo's can move to Hexham if the PVR goes up.

So far, 8306 is the only Versa which has been repainted at Deptford, which is now "Go North East".

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 15 Jun 2017

(15 Jun 2017, 8:02 pm)G-CPTN The 689 is currently operated by 'Venture' with two 'mature' drivers alternating.
When it arrives in Hexham (weekdays) it runs the 687 to Corbridge and back before returning to Consett.
The two drivers expressed their unwillingness to 'change' (I believe both are beyond retirement age).

I would have thought that a 689 service would need to operate from Consett rather than from Hexham (more people wanting to visit Hexham from Consett than Consett from Hexham).

There would be a lot of dead running involved in the Saturday operation as the service first service starts and last journey ends at Consett. Not too sure how it is going to benefit them from a cost perspective.

Monday to Friday wouldn't be too much of an issue as the bus does a few journeys on the 90 before and after meaning that there is probably just as much dead running regardless of which depot operated it.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 15 Jun 2017

(15 Jun 2017, 8:06 pm)Michael Wonder if the Versa's from Deptford will move to a depot with Solo's so the Solo's can move to Hexham if the PVR goes up.

So far, 8306 is the only Versa which has been repainted at Deptford, which is now "Go North East".

I think the minibus PVR will be the same - if the 689 transfers over then I would think a Venture would just transfer over.

683/684 seems to be replacing the 682 and the X84 or X85 replacing the 683 to Newbrough so could have a PVR of one instead of the current two so maybe it will go down, and a Tynedale Links Solo or MPD could operate the 689.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 16 Jun 2017

(15 Jun 2017, 8:37 pm)Tom I think the minibus PVR will be the same - if the 689 transfers over then I would think a Venture would just transfer over.

683/684 seems to be replacing the 682 and the X84 or X85 replacing the 683 to Newbrough so could have a PVR of one instead of the current two so maybe it will go down, and a Tynedale Links Solo or MPD could operate the 689.

Spare Solo's from the upcoming Washington changes?
Even if the PVR stays the same, you could have the Versa's head to to Washington.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - nk55 - 16 Jun 2017

I think the versas will transfer to riverside to replace the remaining B10s and 2 scanias, probably see action on the 67/69. 6 mercs from deptford to Hexham for X84/X85 with the scanias transferring to Chester for the 28/28A, 4956-60 to spare roles or even withdrawn.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 16 Jun 2017

(16 Jun 2017, 1:22 pm)nk55 I think the versas will transfer to riverside to replace the remaining B10s and 2 scanias, probably see action on the 67/69. 6 mercs from deptford to Hexham for X84/X85 with the scanias transferring to Chester for the 28/28A, 4956-60 to spare roles or even withdrawn.

I would of expected some more versas to Chester for service 28/28A and the rest to Riverside, with citarios from deptford for x84/x85 and those scanias to deptford for service 61 while the black cats scanias from the 39 go onto the 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - peter - 16 Jun 2017

(16 Jun 2017, 1:32 pm)cbma06 I would of expected some more versas to Chester for service 28/28A and the rest to Riverside, with citarios from deptford for x84/x85 and those scanias to deptford for service 61 while the black cats scanias from the 39 go onto the 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the 28 justify a vehicle bigger than a Deptford Versa, could the Versa's at Deptford go onto the Quaylink displacing the bigger, former Citylink Versa's for the 28??

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 19 Jun 2017

Hopefully the changes for the Hexham and Washington services are up this week, they're due to change on the 23rd July.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 19 Jun 2017

(16 Jun 2017, 4:47 pm)peter Does the 28 justify a vehicle bigger than a Deptford Versa, could the Versa's at Deptford go onto the Quaylink displacing the bigger, former Citylink Versa's for the 28??

Like the coastal services, I believe the 28/A is very much weather dependent. The only time I've caught a full one when the weather is bad is when it's been so bad that people CBA to wait for a 56 in the wind/rain/snow, so it was empty again by Wrekenton.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Acky81 - 19 Jun 2017

Wasn't aware of changes to the Washington network any for sunderland michael

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 19 Jun 2017

(19 Jun 2017, 9:25 pm)BusLoverMum Like the coastal services, I believe the 28/A is very much weather dependent. The only time I've caught a full one when the weather is bad is when it's been so bad that people CBA to wait for a 56 in the wind/rain/snow, so it was empty again by Wrekenton.
Doesn't it get people going to beamish from newcastle?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 19 Jun 2017

(19 Jun 2017, 10:54 pm)Jamie M Doesn't it get people going to beamish from newcastle?

Hence the weather dependence.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ambassador - 19 Jun 2017

(19 Jun 2017, 10:54 pm)Jamie M Doesn't it get people going to beamish from newcastle?

Gets heavier usage getting people from Villages to Chester to connect to other services. Equally important hospital links for Birtley (Bensham and QE) and school links to Jospeh Swan and Cardinal Hume which sees heavy use.

The peak ones into and out of Newcastle are pretty much always full. Off peak, not so much. 

It's a lot more than just a Beamish bus tho, very hard to judge due to its extremely long route.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 20 Jun 2017

(19 Jun 2017, 10:26 pm)Acky81 Wasn't aware of changes to the Washington network any for sunderland michael

Going by VOSA only change in Sunderland is the X36 withdrawn, might be a few timetable changes.

Here are the Washington changes, although these are only brief as they are from VOSA:

PB0003954/774 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Durham Rd, Harrogate Terrace, Birtley to Galleries Bus StationWashington via Portobello, Barley Mow, Rickleton, Ayton, Lambton
Service number: 81,82
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 23 Jul 2017
PB0003954/773 Registered

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Galleries Bus Station, Washington to Heworth Interchange via Biddick, Barmston Court, Barmston, Concord, Usworth
Service number: 83,84

PB0003954/772 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Concord to Brady Square/Waterview Park, Mandarin Way
Service number: 85 (86)

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Adrian - 21 Jun 2017

Washington network changes

Go North East (GNE) has indicated that it wishes to revise its network of commercial services in the Washington area and this revision will affect services 2A, 82, 82A, 85 and 86. The amendments to routes will mean that service 82 and 82A will divert to operate via Washington Village and Barmston Court respectively and service 86 will operate from Concord to Washington Galleries only, omitting Glebe, Washington Village and Barmston Court . On Sundays both services 85 and 86 will operate Concord to Washington Galleries only, and service 2A will divert to operate the section between Fatfield Road and Brady Square. The 82 and 82A service group will be renumbered 81 to 84 and will terminate at the Galleries with through fares available.

The new service group will be as follows:

81 Washington Galleries-Lambton-Rickleton – Birtley (Sundays only)

82 Washington Galleries-Lambton-Portmeads-Birtley

83 Washington Galleries-Biddick-Barmston Court-Barmston Waskerley Road-Hertburn Industrial Estate-Concord

84 Washington Galleries-Glebe-Washington Village-Barmston Village-Spout Lane-Concord - Heworth

85 Brady Square(not Sundays) – Biddick (not Sundays) – Washington Galleries – Blackfell - Concord

86 Washington Galleries – Blackfell - Concord

The impact of these changes will be that some new direct links will be made available in Washington, some existing direct links will be lost and one bus stop on Emmerson Terrace will be left without a service. Residents of Washington Village and Barmston Court will no longer have a direct link to Blackfell, Albany or Armstrong, though they will have a new direct daytime link to Heworth and Birtley. Residents of parts of Fatfield Road will see a small reduction in the number of bus services and they will also lose direct links to Birtley and Washington West.

Residents of Biddick will see a small reduction in the number of buses but significant direct links will be maintained, whilst residents of Brady Square will normally experience the same service as now but on Sunday daytime direct links to Blackfell, Albany and Armstrong will be lost. They will however gain a direct link to Penshaw and Sunderland on Sundays only via service 2A.

As in other instances where operators have made commercial changes there will be an impact on secured services and in order to preserve the integrity of the network and to minimise passenger confusion Nexus intends to mirror the changes to the daytime network with its secured services.

It is thus intended that Nexus operates evening services 81 to 84 in the same pattern as the Sunday daytime 81-84 (see above). The current service 86 would be revised and withdrawn between the Galleries and Barmston Court because the eastern portion of the route would be served by the revised 83 and 84. Service 85 would operate the daytime route from Concord to Brady Square via the Galleries. Frequencies to the north and west of the Galleries and to Brady Square would be maintained.

Service 83 and 84 will no longer serve Sainsburys car park on an evening though it will be served by the 85 and the revised 86. The Drive will not be served by evening service 85, though it will continue to be served by service 56. On Monday to Saturday evenings a revised service 86 is proposed to operate from Concord to Teal Farm via Blackfell and the Galleries (Concord to Galleries via Blackfell on Sunday evenings). Service 81 is proposed serve Rickleton on evenings affording additional links to Birtley.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/washington-central-ward/go-north-east-proposals-for-washington-services-july-2017/1254101498035762/

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 21 Jun 2017

(21 Jun 2017, 5:15 am)Adrian Washington network changes

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/washington-central-ward/go-north-east-proposals-for-washington-services-july-2017/1254101498035762/

*shakes head in bewilderment*

It may be because the thunder woke me up early and I am tired, but I can't see any logical sense in those changes from a passenger perspective.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 21 Jun 2017

I can't see the logic in the changes too, sounds worse, yes they'll be all timed to arrive at the galleries so they can connect but most of the time, that won't happen.

So what's the 2A change?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 21 Jun 2017

(21 Jun 2017, 1:37 pm)Michael I can't see the logic in the changes too, sounds worse, yes they'll be all timed to arrive at the galleries so they can connect but most of the time, that won't happen.

When I was living in Denmark, the bus routes were all radial from the central square of the city.
All buses arrived within minutes of each other and waited for ten minutes before all leaving in sequence.
Tickets were valid for one hour after you got off the first bus, so you had time to travel from one side of the city to the other for a flat fare.
Alternatively you could travel into the city centre, do some shopping and then return home.