North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - citaro5284 - 14 Jul 2017

(14 Jul 2017, 6:48 pm)Michael Would think an extra bus would be needed for the X9/X10 now?, so the PVR would increase to 7.

yup

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 14 Jul 2017

(14 Jul 2017, 7:12 pm)citaro5284 yup

Glad they've finally decided to divert one of them to Dalton Park, it'll open new links, and with Dalton Park now open until later, should be a good move.

It'll do better than the X55.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 14 Jul 2017

(14 Jul 2017, 7:25 pm)Michael Glad they've finally decided to divert one of them to Dalton Park, it'll open new links, and with Dalton Park now open until later, should be a good move.

It'll do better than the X55.

The X55 is too infrequent to survive. The long one stands half a chance, but only for people who want to spend the working dqy in Newcastle on Satuday only. Most people wanting a bus to Newcastle for work wil have a GNE weeky or monthly pass, for that route. You could probably count them on the fingers of one hand and still pick your nose on both sides with the spares.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 15 Jul 2017

(14 Jul 2017, 11:18 pm)BusLoverMum The X55 is too infrequent to survive. The long one stands half a chance, but only for people who want to spend the working dqy in Newcastle on Satuday only. Most people wanting a bus to Newcastle for work wil have a GNE weeky or monthly pass, for that route. You could probably count them on the fingers of one hand and still pick your nose on both sides with the spares.

Does anyone know how the X55 is doing?

Just hope diverting the X10 to Dalton Park doesn't cause chaos for the people who use it.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 11:43 am)Michael Does anyone know how the X55 is doing?

Just hope diverting the X10 to Dalton Park doesn't cause chaos for the people who use it.

Can't see the X10 interfering with the passenger numbers on the X55, it's mostly stagecoach Hartlepool territory passengers that would use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - citaro5284 - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 11:43 am)Michael Does anyone know how the X55 is doing?

Aye you right there Michael, going southbound, you have to pass it to come off the A19 and then double back slightly don't you ?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 11:48 am)cbma06 Can't see the X10 interfering with the passenger numbers on the X55, it's mostly stagecoach Hartlepool territory passengers that would use it.

Na i don't either.

(15 Jul 2017, 11:49 am)citaro5284 Aye you right there Michael, going southbound, you have to pass it to come off the A19 and then double back slightly don't you ?

Think so, not sure on the roads around that way tbh.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 11:49 am)citaro5284 Aye you right there Michael, going southbound, you have to pass it to come off the A19 and then double back slightly don't you ?

Yes, I didn't think it was by much but having looked on Google maps, it is much further:

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 3:41 pm)S813 FVK Yes, I didn't think it was by much but having looked on Google maps, it is much further:

On a normal day by the time the X10 pulls off the A19 and gone into dalton park and back on the A19, the X10 would of already passed Peterlee, if there's an event on at dalton park then the X10 would probably of reached norton or Stockton by the time it rejoined A19, can see this as a bad idea, what's wrong with passengers alighting at A19 northbound and then jump on the X6 to dalton park at the same bus stop and doing southbound get off at moorcock and walk around the corner to jump on the X10 southbound

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - park5354 - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 5:11 pm)cbma06 On a normal day by the time the X10 pulls off the A19 and gone into dalton park and back on the A19, the X10 would of already passed Peterlee, if there's an event on at dalton park then the X10 would probably of reached norton or Stockton by the time it rejoined A19, can see this as a bad idea, what's wrong with passengers alighting at A19 northbound and then jump on the X6 to dalton park at the same bus stop and doing southbound get off at moorcock and walk around the corner to jump on the X10 southbound

No where else to split X10 to put it on domestic hours. 

Personal opinion is that the route should be every 30 mins on Sunday route (ie all trips via Peterlee, Billingham and Stockton) allowing the split at Peterlee Bus Station, thus omitting Dalton Park.

Another solution for X10 could be to Run via A194(M), A182, Galleries, A182 to Hall Lane Estate then to Dalton Park.
or
X10 from Heworth via A194(M), A1(M), A183, A1052 to Houghton then via Hall Lane to Dalton Park.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - callum2015 - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 5:39 pm)park5354 No where else to split X10 to put it on domestic hours. 

Personal opinion is that the route should be every 30 mins on Sunday route (ie all trips via Peterlee, Billingham and Stockton) allowing the split at Peterlee Bus Station, thus omitting Dalton Park.

Another solution for X10 could be to Run via A194(M), A182, Galleries, A182 to Hall Lane Estate then to Dalton Park.
or
X10 from Heworth via A194(M), A1(M), A183, A1052 to Houghton then via Hall Lane to Dalton Park.

After a quick look at googlemaps,would another solution for X10 be join A19 as normal from Norton,exit at Peterlee then via Burnhope Way to Peterlee BS,Up Easington Way then re-join the A19 at Little Thorpe (so the same as the X9 route) ? would still make the X10 Slightly quicker than the X9 by avoiding Billingham but not sure if it would be quicker than diverting it via Dalton Park

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 15 Jul 2017

Yes, you do (just checked with Husband. Not that being a man makes him more knowledgeable, more that he simply knows his way around there by road pretty well!!)

And the road into the retail park gets quite congested at times. The 22 is always late on Sundays when Dalton Park is busy.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 5:11 pm)cbma06 On a normal day by the time the X10 pulls off the A19 and gone into dalton park and back on the A19, the X10 would of already passed Peterlee, if there's an event on at dalton park then the X10 would probably of reached norton or Stockton by the time it rejoined A19, can see this as a bad idea, what's wrong with passengers alighting at A19 northbound and then jump on the X6 to dalton park at the same bus stop and doing southbound get off at moorcock and walk around the corner to jump on the X10 southbound

That would only work with 2 conditions:
1: The connection time between the X10 and X6 was short enough not to put people off, in both directions, and long enough not to be a right PITA if one of the buses is 10 minutes late. People don't want to be waiting around for an hour because they've missed their connection.
2: People particularly don't want to be waiting around in a location that has no shelter and nothing to do. (as an illustration I missed my connection at Durham bus station, by a minute, yesterday, leaving me with 29 minutes to kill. As it happened, I was carrying nothing, so the centre of Durham is easy enough to kill half an hour in, even after many of the shops have shut. If it had been raining, most of the bus station offers protection from that, so long as you avoid the holes in the rood and don't trip over the buckets! I would be less than comfortable if I had been stranded at the Moorcock at 5:30pm, though)

(15 Jul 2017, 6:33 pm)callum2015 After a quick look at googlemaps,would another solution for X10 be join A19 as normal from Norton,exit at Peterlee then via Burnhope Way to Peterlee BS,Up Easington Way then re-join the A19 at Little Thorpe (so the same as the X9 route) ? would still make the X10 Slightly quicker than the X9 by avoiding Billingham but not sure if it would be quicker than diverting it via Dalton Park
Billingham's bus services have been decimated enough already. You need to remember that a bus route is more than its end points. There are two completely different Durham-Sunderland services, for example, but they have little more than a mile of their routes in common. The ANE 22 passes my front door. The GNE 20/20A passes no closer than 4 miles away and is no good to me unless I catch a 22 to meet it. (and yes, I'm aware that pedants will remind me that the 20 goes through Sunderland to South Shields, these days, but you can make the same comparison of the 20/20A and the 50 if the start and end points matter that much. They don't even have any of their respective routes through Durham in common!)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 15 Jul 2017

Bear in mind that although the X10 will serve Dalton Park, the long layover at Eldon Square (like the X21 at Bishop Auckland and the 10 at Hexham) would compensate for this as well as the PVR increase.

Are the new B5TLs equipped with Tachographs? Also, will the X9/X10 be driven by all drivers or just a dedicated rotas as now?

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - 2bagstew - 15 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 10:05 pm)L469 YVK Bear in mind that although the X10 will serve Dalton Park, the long layover at Eldon Square (like the X21 at Bishop Auckland and the 10 at Hexham) would compensate for this as well as the PVR increase.

Are the new B5TLs equipped with Tachographs? Also, will the X9/X10 be driven by all drivers or just a dedicated rotas as now?

I can't see the B5TL been fitted with Tachos as the service been been split
X9 (X10) Newcastle - Peterlee Bus Station
X9 (X10) Dalton Park - Middlesbrough

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 16 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 11:12 pm)2bagstew I can't see the B5TL been fitted with Tachos as the service been been split
X9 (X10) Newcastle - Peterlee Bus Station
X9 (X10) Dalton Park - Middlesbrough

We'll be seeing South Tyne versas on those stints before too long, then!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - James101 - 16 Jul 2017

The X10 currently has very many passengers happy not serving Dalton Park. Increasing journey times will just push more passengers toward the train when Northern Connect starts.

I'd think to keep within the legislation every X10 will have to go through Dalton Park, including the early morning southbound journeys. Sounds pretty pointless, and potentially irritating, considering the shops and restaurants don't open until 10am.

I'd hazard a guess there will be more passenger inconvenienced by the route change than additional passengers attracted by it, despite the operational advantages GNE achieve.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 16 Jul 2017

(16 Jul 2017, 12:13 am)Jamie M We'll be seeing South Tyne versas on those stints before too long, then!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not exactly, I think the pecking order depending on availabilty would go like this on the assumption that 3x ex-TTX  are allocated to the TVT with 3x spares (1x at Hexham + 2x at Riverside) with 6084 also spare:

1.) 6084
2.) 1x of the 2x corporate ex TTX B9s (2x at Riverside with the other at Hexham)
3.) TVT branded B9TL

On another note, will the ex TTX B9s be fitted with pushchair bays to make sure that prams can get on without having to potentially wait for the next bus if a Wheelchair or another pushchair is already on?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - callum2015 - 16 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 9:34 pm)BusLoverMum Billingham's bus services have been decimated enough already. You need to remember that a bus route is more than its end points. There are two completely different Durham-Sunderland services, for example, but they have little more than a mile of their routes in common. The ANE 22 passes my front door. The GNE 20/20A passes no closer than 4 miles away and is no good to me unless I catch a 22 to meet it. (and yes, I'm aware that pedants will remind me that the 20 goes through Sunderland to South Shields, these days, but you can make the same comparison of the 20/20A and the 50 if the start and end points matter that much. They don't even have any of their respective routes through Durham in common!)

BIB - Sorry if i didnt make it clear,but i ment Billingham would still have the X9 As like present,so they would not see a service reduction & Evenings/Sundays would still have the X10 also like present,i just ment that instead of diverting X10 Via Dalton Park,divert it Via Peterlee (maybe this would be better for the Service suggestion thread)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - citaro5284 - 16 Jul 2017

(15 Jul 2017, 10:05 pm)L469 YVK Bear in mind that although the X10 will serve Dalton Park, the long layover at Eldon Square (like the X21 at Bishop Auckland and the 10 at Hexham) would compensate for this as well as the PVR increase.

Dedicated rota as now - Could not fancy learning all of Gateshead drivers the route, just for 7 buses on it.