North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ambassador - 18 Aug 2017

(18 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm)Malarkey It's 15 Minutes out of Sunderland City Centre and is in close proximity of the A19, Quorum again 15 Minutes of Newcastle City Centre, don't see any difference between two if I am honest other than Quorum being situated near to the Metro.

You don't see the difference between Newcastle and Sunderland?

Really?

Quorum is is surrounded by major residential, commercial and part industrial conurbations like West Moor, Forest Hall, Heaton,Freeman Hospital,  Killingworth, Longbenton, Gosforth et al. Doxford isn't. Quorum will by this nature have much better links. 

Newcastle is a major U.K. City growing in size...Sunderland....isn't.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 19 Aug 2017

(17 Aug 2017, 5:20 pm)S813 FVK I still don't quite understand the argument made. Yes the direct bus is being taken away, but if the people affected can manage the change Monday - Saturday daytimes, i see no reason why they can't manage on a Sunday either.

That's the thing. During the working week when shifts are prescribed, the X5 links Doxford Park to other services, such as the 20.
When the X5 ends for the day, the 20 fills that particular void.

Despite most people being in wowork the X5 whizzes through the business park - very rarely stopping. It has very little need to stop if people are already busy doing whatever they do within their workplaces, on that prescribed shift.
If there was a time bus stops and passenger embarkations/disembarkations were analysed and changes made, surely it would be to the daytime X5 service around Doxford Park?
I imagine there will be a similar number of people utilising stops on the X5 during the day as there will be with the 20 on a Sunday.

It goes without saying, things are different during peaks.

Rather than debate whether or not the service should/shouldnt go through Doxford Park, it should be whether or not the service should do it prior to and immediately a shift has finished.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Aug 2017

PB0003954/843 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Durham City Centre to Consett Bus Station via Lanchester
Service number: 15
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 16 Nov 2017

PB0003954/842 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Durham City Centre to Stanley Bus Station via Sacriston
Service number: 16

PB0003954/841 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Durham City Centre to Seaham Byron Place via Hetton Le Hole, Murton
Service number: 265

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 23 Aug 2017

Judging by the effective date for the above registrations, these will probably be just extra runs for the Durham Lumiere event.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 29 Aug 2017

Special buses for the British Masters at Close House

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/special-buses-for-the-british-masters-at-close-house-256819

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 31 Aug 2017

PB0003954/844 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Belmont Park & Ride to Chester le Street via Durham County Cricket Ground
Service number: Park and Ride 2
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 16 Sep 2017

PB0003954/658 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Bedlington Station, Clayton Arms to Linton, First Row
Service number: 434
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Sep 2017

PB0003954/659 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Guide Post, Cleaswell Hill to Bedlington Station, Clayton Arms
Service number: 448
Effective date: 03 Sep 2017

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 07 Sep 2017

New 700/701 timetable is on the NEXUS site... changes take place on 17/09/2017.

700 - https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/700-GNE-170917.pdf

701 - https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/701-GC-GNE-170917.pdf - Operates Sunderland University Term-Time Only 18th September 2017 - 15th December 2017, 8th January 2018 - 23rd March 2018, 16th April 2018 - 6th July 2018

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 18 Sep 2017

PB0003954/631 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Hexham Bus Station to Bellingham Heritage Centre
Service number: 680 (680S)
Effective date: 09 Oct 2017

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 19 Sep 2017

PB0003954/849 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Blackhall Mill, Mill Race to St Thomas More RC School
Service number: 891
Effective date: 18 Sep 2017

PB0003954/848 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Joseph Swan School to Bolam Street
Service number: 866

PB0003954/847 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: St Thomas More RC School to Crookgate Bank Top
Service number: 841

PB0003954/718 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Newcastle, Market Street (East) to Kenton Bar Estate
Service number: 32A
Effective date: 29 Oct 2017

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - GuyParkRoyal - 20 Sep 2017

(19 Sep 2017, 7:37 pm)Michael PB0003954/849 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Blackhall Mill, Mill Race to St Thomas More RC School
Service number: 891

PB0003954/848 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Joseph Swan School to Bolam Street
Service number: 866

PB0003954/847 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: St Thomas More RC School to Crookgate Bank Top
Service number: 841

The above registrations are showing a start date of 18/9/17 and an end date of 22/9/17 and the routes were all originally contracted to Nightingale Coaches. 

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Sep 2017

(18 Sep 2017, 5:47 pm)Michael PB0003954/631 Registered (Short notice)
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Hexham Bus Station to Bellingham Heritage Centre
Service number: 680 (680S)
Effective date: 09 Oct 2017

Temporary timetable and route changes because of closure of Chollerford Bridge. 

During bridge closures journeys will not serve Acomb & will divert via A6079 inc Railway Station to A69 and then use road to Fourstones and onto Chollerford via B6319 and B6318 to rejoin route along B6320. 

Between 09:00-15:30 the timetabled journeys will omit Acomb Ex Hexham 

M-F, Sat; Departs @09:10,11:10 & 13:10 will omit Acomb Ex Bellingham M-F, Sat: Departs @10:00,12:00 & 14:00 will omit Acomb Special service to maintain bus link to Acomb and Wall via A6079. Journey time c17mins. 

Ex Hexham M-F,Sat: Departs @09:10,11:10 & 13:10 Ex Brunton Crossroads M-F,Sat: Departs @10:37,12:37 & 14:37 Hexham

Info from the Northumberland County Council site

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 23 Sep 2017

Can't they just provide maps? I know my stuff about roads, but that is impossible to follow.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 24 Sep 2017

Does anyone have details of the diversion that the 4 will be facing, when Follingsby Roundabout is closed?
Thought it was just the slip-road off the A194. 
Having seen the signs at Heworth Golf Club, it appears not.

Think it's the weekend approaching that they are starting and I expect delays...

edit:
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/overnight-closure-of-follingsby-roundabout-from-20-september-260117
Found this hidden away. It's due to finish soon.
Still keen to know the diversion.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BJ10VUS - 24 Sep 2017

(24 Sep 2017, 1:08 pm)Andreos1 Still keen to know the diversion.

I'd seen one running through Springwell Village yesterday night, but whether that's the "official" route, I'm not sure?

I can imagine that after Sunderland College, the bus will turn left on to Stone Cellar Road and run via Peareth Hall Road, Springwell Road and Leam Lane to Lingey Lane.

However, I'm not sure what the one late journey via Follingsby Park is doing?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 24 Sep 2017

(24 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm)BJ10VUS I'd seen one running through Springwell Village yesterday night, but whether that's the "official" route, I'm not sure?

I can imagine that after Sunderland College, the bus will turn left on to Stone Cellar Road and run via Peareth Hall Road, Springwell Road and Leam Lane to Lingey Lane.

However, I'm not sure what the one late journey via Follingsby Park is doing?

Cheers.
It makes sense (to me anyway), to use that route - as a the junction at the bottom of Leam Lane with the A184, is restricted.
It's still a canny diversion via Springwell, particularly as the connections with the X1 are limited on an evening and the timetable gives very little room for error as it is.

I may have to re-evaluate my options tomorrow!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - stagecoachbusdepot - 29 Sep 2017

Anyone know if new timetables have been/are being printed folowing the service changes at the beginning of the month? Apart from the X5, X9/X10 and X21 the rest seem to be the old ones - despite some not insignificant changes to journeys on some services. Is it delay at printers or cost saving measure to only reprint for major changes? GNE have traditioanlly been good at keeping printed timetables current (if not easily accessible in some areas!)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 30 Sep 2017

(29 Sep 2017, 8:49 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Anyone know if new timetables have been/are being printed folowing the service changes at the beginning of the month?  Apart from the X5, X9/X10 and X21 the rest seem to be the old ones - despite some not insignificant changes to journeys on some services.  Is it delay at printers or cost saving measure to only reprint for major changes?  GNE have traditioanlly been good at keeping printed timetables current (if not easily accessible in some areas!)

The traditional methods of providing printed timetables are being moved away from - not only by Go North East, but by Arriva and Stagecoach too. I have found that printed timetables are no longer produced on-bus for either operator any more (excluding Arriva's branded services). Whilst Arriva's timetable holder often remains empty, Stagecoach have replaced it with small 'area guides' with a lot of detail about where services go and what their frequencies are.

Until earlier this year; Go North East was the only operator to continue supplying printed timetables on-bus, and I believe the company wished to move away from this method of providing travel information to customers. Following passenger research undertaken on-bus which suggested that the majority of customers would use another method of finding out the timetable of the bus (either by going on the company's website, Googling it, using the app, or using the Journey Planner tool on Google Maps), I believe a number of timetables weren't produced in line with minor changes on services in July. Customer complaints were in single figures, I understand, suggesting that not many people really do care about having a printed timetable nowadays.

The company recently received some feedback on Social Media about this from a member of this forum recently - which you can see this confirmed by Go North East.

It's not intended as a cost-saving exercise, as the money saved will be used in alternative marketing to try and attract new customers as well as benefit existing customers (with offers such as free day tickets, etc). Door-drops relevant to the service they'd be travelling on, more promotional events, etc.

I personally don't think we're ready to be completely digital yet, but the passenger research and lack of complaints about printed timetables suggests otherwise.

The services you mention were the only ones which Go North East provided with the most recent changes in September - X5 and X21 as the improved Sunday journeys were something they were promoting, and X9/X10 due to the new vehicles, completely new timetable, serving Dalton Park on X10, etc.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 30 Sep 2017

(30 Sep 2017, 5:38 am)Dan The traditional methods of providing printed timetables are being moved away from - not only by Go North East, but by Arriva and Stagecoach too. I have found that printed timetables are no longer produced on-bus for either operator any more (excluding Arriva's branded services). Whilst Arriva's timetable holder often remains empty, Stagecoach have replaced it with small 'area guides' with a lot of detail about where services go and what their frequencies are.

Until earlier this year; Go North East was the only operator to continue supplying printed timetables on-bus, and I believe the company wished to move away from this method of providing travel information to customers. Following passenger research undertaken on-bus which suggested that the majority of customers would use another method of finding out the timetable of the bus (either by going on the company's website, Googling it, using the app, or using the Journey Planner tool on Google Maps), I believe a number of timetables weren't produced in line with minor changes on services in July. Customer complaints were in single figures, I understand, suggesting that not many people really do care about having a printed timetable nowadays.

The company recently received some feedback on Social Media about this from a member of this forum recently - which you can see this confirmed by Go North East.

It's not intended as a cost-saving exercise, as the money saved will be used in alternative marketing to try and attract new customers as well as benefit existing customers (with offers such as free day tickets, etc). Door-drops relevant to the service they'd be travelling on, more promotional events, etc.

I personally don't think we're ready to be completely digital yet, but the passenger research and lack of complaints about printed timetables suggests otherwise.
Not everyone has a smartphone.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - stagecoachbusdepot - 30 Sep 2017

(30 Sep 2017, 5:38 am)Dan The traditional methods of providing printed timetables are being moved away from - not only by Go North East, but by Arriva and Stagecoach too. I have found that printed timetables are no longer produced on-bus for either operator any more (excluding Arriva's branded services). Whilst Arriva's timetable holder often remains empty, Stagecoach have replaced it with small 'area guides' with a lot of detail about where services go and what their frequencies are.

The services you mention were the only ones which Go North East provided with the most recent changes in September - X5 and X21 as the improved Sunday journeys were something they were promoting, and X9/X10 due to the new vehicles, completely new timetable, serving Dalton Park on X10, etc.

Stagecoach have never been particularly good at having timetables available on board – they tend to put them on vehicles when making network changes but rarely at other times.  While not available on buses, the do tend to update their printed leaflets for all but the most minor of changes and these tend to be readily available in various locations.   They have always produced the Bus Guides, if they are what you mean?  Even these though tend to be sparse on board and can be tricky to get hold of – especially Sunderland.  Unless they have produced a new format area guide more recently?

Back to GNE, I realised why the three expresses would have been done but there are others which have seen notable cuts/changes not reflected in the printed timetables still readily available.  In addition these I’m really surprised the 10 hasn’t been reprinted – there’s been two round of changes, and the rebranding, but the printed timetables are still available from prior to the July changes in the old TEN brand.  A handful of services have also had two rounds of changes with no reprint. 

I don’t agree with moving away from paper timetables (would be interesting to know which demographic the market research focussed on), but if they aren’t going to be reprinted, they should really remove out of date editions.  For example, someone picking up an X22 timetable could reasonably expect a direct run through to Durham on Sundays, but that’s not actually now available.  Where there’s been minor retiming of journeys the approach described makes sense however for more substantial changes to route/withdrawal of sections I think there is an issue with ‘advertising’ one offer in printed copies but actually providing something quite different.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Wybus - 01 Oct 2017

A shame that axing printed timetables has spread to the North East. It's gradually been spreading around the country but generally it seems to be PTEs and councils so far due to slashed budgets, rather than operators who have kept them going in areas where it's their responsibility.

It was bad enough when Nexus axed maps and then closed all the smaller travel shops and all the shops on Saturdays meaning you couldn't get timetables even if they were still available.

I don't know why they don't consider doing small "amendment" leaflets so when it's a very minor change that could be slotted inside, rather than reprinting a glossy leaflet or leaving an old one on show.

Availability has been poor in some areas for years, the rack at Durham bus station is permanently about 90% empty.